Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

2 hours ago, ark said:

This seems inconsequential to me given VORs only need to be accurate to + - 4 degrees for IFR flight.

Al

Just to add that the 4 degree tolerance for IFR is on the operation of the VOR.  I'm sure the manufacture of the VOR unit itself would be accurate, i.e. there would not be any error in comparison of the readings at each end of the needle.

I'll try not to let it bug me 😏

Edited by Sender46
  • Like 1

Anyone have a problem with starting the Cessna 414 one engine starts and the other doesn’t the red light on suction is on … stars with Ctrol e and also when spawn on runway … any help ?

4 minutes ago, tonybero said:

Anyone have a problem with starting the Cessna 414 one engine starts and the other doesn’t the red light on suction is on … stars with Ctrol e and also when spawn on runway … any help ?

Flysimware says you should not start the engines in this plane with Ctrl E. Doing so can cause problems.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, tonybero said:

Yeah - as Ark says above - don't use Crtl-E to do a quick start.

What effectively happens is the the fuel selector switches get their state messed up and you'll end up with both engines running and drawing fuel from the left tank.

If you desperately NEED to use a quick start (can't imagine why - my excuse was laziness - hehe), then there is a workaround that worked at the time of Beta 1.4.3, which is ...

Once the engines are running, using the fuel selector switches, switch the Left engine to the Right tank and the Right Engine to the Left tank. Then switch them back to the normal configuration. That USED to un-stick the situation for me. But beware - that was an older version and this is very much off-piste! 

This is likely somehow user error, maybe graphics settings, I don't know. I was trying to see if I could get the turbo's to glow red so I did a night flight and ran the engines full bore with the cowl flaps closed on the ground, this should make those turbos red hot quickly but I never saw them glow... was this taken out for performance issues or are my settings in sim just not set to render it?

Also props to your guys for simulating engine burnout from redlining them, I got both engines to fail after 15 minutes of redlining the engines and when they failed they failed independently and at different rates. Even for a BETA this aircraft is an excellent piece of work, easily on par with the JustFlight PA-28's!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Spartan0536 said:

This is likely somehow user error, maybe graphics settings, I don't know. I was trying to see if I could get the turbo's to glow red so I did a night flight and ran the engines full bore with the cowl flaps closed on the ground, this should make those turbos red hot quickly but I never saw them glow... was this taken out for performance issues or are my settings in sim just not set to render it?

There is a patch for this on Discord, so I'm assuming this will/may be included in the update later today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sender46 said:

There is a patch for this on Discord, so I'm assuming this will/may be included in the update later today.

Thanks, I did not know they had a discord... found the answer to my other findings which were in relation to the left engine EGT and right engine CYL Temps not registering values.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

On 4/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Sender46 said:

Not sure where you are seeing 300 knots TAS, as the gauge doesn't go up that far. 

The airspeed indicator shows the maximum speed for all operations (i.e. never exceed speed) is about 231 KIAS.  The POH says 237 KIAS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5efx9c011ify1c1/Airspeed Indicator Table.png?dl=0

The picture in the Milviz (oops, I mean FSW) manual shows it as about 226 KIAS.

The POH will be correct.  I'm wondering what speed Milviz have used in the modelling?

Note that KIAS is used - the corresponding TAS will vary depending on altitude and temperature.

Your TAS will Increase based on Altitude and Temperature....  Yes the TAS inner wheel changes based on Temperature.  So when you get up to the High FLs that inner scale comes down as your IAS Drops but your TAS Goes up....

Les O'Reilly

Beta 1.6.0

- Engine gauges OK

- Rudder authority and ground handling - beautiful

- BUG: unable to set +ve VS in climb with scroll wheel. Can adjust -vs VS. IAS works fine

• Like 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Even dragging the VS scroll wheel, I can only adjust the VS speed down, not up.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

ALT no longer captures the current altitude, even after multiple presses of the ALT button.

PIT mode seems to return to straight and level, plane will no longer hold a given pitch after A/P is engaged

Edited by antonvs

I think I see the main problem with the a/p is that the LVL button stays on regardless of what else you press. Even tried switching off the master battery switch and back on, LVL stays on.

Even thought I see LVL being locked on is the main problem, I have found that ALT hold is working as long as HDG or NAV are not set and the indicator says ROL