Sign in to follow this  
espent

Share Learner files

29 minutes ago, AeroMaster12 said:

In the range of 2-10 users, sure, there wouldn't be an issue. But say you have 100+ users writing to a file at around the same time (consider those who are using historical data or the learner tool) - you're bound to have conflicts. Obviously, we're not at that point yet, however, it's never too early to consider how to handle changes at a large scale. 

From an architecture standpoint, something I also noticed is that PSXT write changes to the file until PSXT closes the handle. That means if you have multiple people running PSXT, and committing at the same time, realistically, only that snapshot would be written to the disk. I was able to repro this behavior a while back - have an XML file open and make some changes wil PSXT is running. Then, close PSXT - see if the file changes and wipes what you had recently saved.

You're right, of course, we only did that on a very small scale. Especially for large airports, this could be a problem. Perhaps the solution is that several users load their files separately, duplicate entries are deleted by a script and a master file is created that is made available, for example, once a day/week.

Btw. I can provide over 130 MSFS files

Edited by airlinetycoon

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Your links are at my site under "Other repositories" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

Btw. I can provide over 130 MSFS files

Would be happy to accept your files into the repo. Feel free to push to my main branch.

If you’re not super familiar with Git, no worries - send me a DM and I can help merge them in; I’ll credit you and your compute power 🙂 in the README

@AeroMaster12 I have no issues sharing my files with you and unifying it underneath one github repository. I'm not very familiar with the use of Git but I would like to learn how to use it. Until I do so, I will directly send the XML files to you as and when I update them.

• Like 1

This is awesome. I knew someone had the brainpower to get this rolling when I posted this.

I have a GitHub account. Can I just upload to the MSFS folder? 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

5 hours ago, espent said:

This is awesome. I knew someone had the brainpower to get this rolling when I posted this.

I have a GitHub account. Can I just upload to the MSFS folder? 

Yes, absolutely! Would love to have your contributions added. However, I do ask that you create your own branch first, and then upload the files to your branch (this creates separation between what's "stable" and what's a proposed change). You can then raise a pull request, and I can review and merge them

1 hour ago, AeroMaster12 said:

Yes, absolutely! Would love to have your contributions added. However, I do ask that you create your own branch first, and then upload the files to your branch (this creates separation between what's "stable" and what's a proposed change). You can then raise a pull request, and I can review and merge them

Do I need to be given some credentials to be allowed to create a branch? It is not giving me the option.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

@espent - Sorry! Didn't realize GitHub doesn't allow you to create a branch unless your account is designated as a "Contributor". I've instead created a "Dev" branch. Can you try to push changes there?

On 3/31/2022 at 4:50 PM, AeroMaster12 said:

@espent - Sorry! Didn't realize GitHub doesn't allow you to create a branch unless your account is designated as a "Contributor". I've instead created a "Dev" branch. Can you try to push changes there?

I'm lost. I wish I could upload some of my xml files but I can't.

I'm in

DEV psxt-parked-updates/msfs/

I click the Add Files button and then Upload files,

but I get a message:

Uploads are disabled. File uploads require push access to this repository.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Hi,

I am sharing this link of my personal Sync account so that it can serve as a collaborative repository for parked-Updates PSXT files.

They can upload and download without any limitations, so it will be a good faith policy for all users to upload only healthy files. They do not need to have a Sync account to download or upload files.

I think that the only rule that we must take into account is that when they are files from third-party airports (Not the default ones from MSFS), add a comment about which MOD or manufacturer they belong to, so that it makes sense.

This is an example of my MROC file (Costa Rica Airport, Juan Santamaria):

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<meta>

<info name="author" value="PSXT_MSFS" />

<info name="version" value="31.1.1" />

<info name="date" value="Apr 17, 2022" />

<!-------https://es.flightsim.to/file/4619/mroc-san-jose-international-airport----->

</meta>

add this comment <!-------https://es.flightsim.to/file/4619/mroc-san-jose-international-airport----->

which refers to the MOD which refers to the study of the file. NOTE: If anyone has a better idea, please share it.

Please, if you like the idea, spread the word and feel free to share in the forums you think necessary.

LINK:

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/766c4dd30/s6xcdppx-m3sb98mv-rqzhkv2d-dyzau3fj

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

@elee & @knich  (and anyone else who wants to contribute)

What are your GitHub usernames? I'll add you as contributors so that you can directly update files.

Sorry, I'm new to GitHub permissions so I didn't realize this would pose as an issue

23 hours ago, elee said:

Hi,

I am sharing this link of my personal Sync account so that it can serve as a collaborative repository for parked-Updates PSXT files.

They can upload and download without any limitations, so it will be a good faith policy for all users to upload only healthy files. They do not need to have a Sync account to download or upload files.

I think that the only rule that we must take into account is that when they are files from third-party airports (Not the default ones from MSFS), add a comment about which MOD or manufacturer they belong to, so that it makes sense.

This is an example of my MROC file (Costa Rica Airport, Juan Santamaria):

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<meta>

<info name="author" value="PSXT_MSFS" />

<info name="version" value="31.1.1" />

<info name="date" value="Apr 17, 2022" />

<!-------https://es.flightsim.to/file/4619/mroc-san-jose-international-airport----->

</meta>

add this comment <!-------https://es.flightsim.to/file/4619/mroc-san-jose-international-airport----->

which refers to the MOD which refers to the study of the file. NOTE: If anyone has a better idea, please share it.

Please, if you like the idea, spread the word and feel free to share in the forums you think necessary.

LINK:

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/b1c0bfb80/r3mmnmza-9abrskw2-5t4unh8r-2iuycpdx

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

22 hours ago, AeroMaster12 said:

@elee & @knich  (and anyone else who wants to contribute)

What are your GitHub usernames? I'll add you as contributors so that you can directly update files.

Sorry, I'm new to GitHub permissions so I didn't realize this would pose as an issue

I have alot of Australian airports done, with learner and also handmade, my username is stirlingday. I would love to contribute these.

• Like 2

Stirling Day