Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How can I reprogram Ctrl-number views?

There are apps on the internet to download which will turn on and off the numlock  key. You don't actually need a numlock key on  the keyboard to do it. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 3/31/2022 at 10:01 AM, Noel said:

Thanks, been doing that since Day 1.  Just was asking if it is possible to change the default values for CTRL+number, not using ALT for this.  I found a camera.cfg for each plane and that would need to be edited directly, apparently.

...as well, I find it tedious to press 2 keys, eg. "ALT + 9" to Load a Custom Camera View. So, I now assign these "Load Custom Camera" views to 1 "Num Pad" key press. How I did that is:

Under "Cockpit Camera" I re-assigned the "LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 9"  THRU "LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 0" the "NUM PAD" keys 9 - 0 (Default is eg. "ALT + 9"). In the cockpit I setup my preferred view and hit  eg. "Ctrl + Alt + 9" and with 1 "Num Pad" key press, eg. "9", I am presented with that Custom View. I just don't like holding down 2 keys to get a Custom view.

p.jpeg

• Like 2

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

56 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

...as well, I find it tedious to press 2 keys, eg. "ALT + 9" to Load a Custom Camera View. So, I now assign these "Load Custom Camera" views to 1 "Num Pad" key press. How I did that is:

Under "Cockpit Camera" I re-assigned the "LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 9"  THRU "LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 0" the "NUM PAD" keys 9 - 0 (Default is eg. "ALT + 9"). In the cockpit I setup my preferred view and hit  eg. "Ctrl + Alt + 9" and with 1 "Num Pad" key press, eg. "9", I am presented with that Custom View. I just don't like holding down 2 keys to get a Custom view.

p.jpeg

I will give this a try. I was able to do this in the PMDG 737 using the single number on the number pad to look at the different instrument views.  I'll try it on the A310, it didnt have any good camera views that came with it.