Sign in to follow this  
lost16

Astonishing

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Thats all I have to say, for the life of me I cant get rid of the sim stuttering, its not a matter of FPS, they are good...Its not a matter of blurries, I have none....Its the fact every 4-8 seconds the sim drops to 8fps for 1-2 seconds sometimes only a micro stutter as it tries to catch up, this is making me tear my hair out and making the sim unflyable! grrrrrOn the grounds its smooth as butter, panning it is, its teh fact when flying 100k and above this happens......and Ive even reformatted all 4 hard drives, all SATA II drives, and installed vista ultimate 32bit. (btw I find fsx runs better on fsx?) Ive even just installed another gig of ram so now I have 2 gigs of DDRII 667mhz ram!Someone please before I go crazy, say, please say it isnt just me experiencing this?System is AMD 3800x2, ati x1600xt 256mb gddr3 (could it be this causing it?) and 2 gigs of ddrII667mhz ramI have scenery at normal and autogen at sparse. Normal fsx install with SP1, no tweaks applied.Help!Ian

>Thats all I have to say, for the life of me I cant get rid of>the sim stuttering, its not a matter of FPS, they are>good...Its not a matter of blurries, I have none....Its the>fact every 4-8 seconds the sim drops to 8fps for 1-2 seconds>sometimes only a micro stutter as it tries to catch up, this>is making me tear my hair out and making the sim unflyable!>grrrrr>>>On the grounds its smooth as butter, panning it is, its teh>fact when flying 100k and above this happens......and Ive even>reformatted all 4 hard drives, all SATA II drives, and>installed vista ultimate 32bit. (btw I find fsx runs better on>fsx?) Ive even just installed another gig of ram so now I have>2 gigs of DDRII 667mhz ram!>>Someone please before I go crazy, say, please say it isnt just>me experiencing this?>>System is AMD 3800x2, ati x1600xt 256mb gddr3 (could it be>this causing it?) and 2 gigs of ddrII667mhz ram>>I have scenery at normal and autogen at sparse. >Normal fsx install with SP1, no tweaks applied.>>Help!>Ian>What are you flying at 100K feet?

Good question, why have autogen on at 100,000 feet or metres. :-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Have you tried setting your target frame rate to Unlimited?Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Remember, this DX update is for Windows XP and is 9.0C update. Nothing is said about Vista...because Vista shows DX10 as default.

Try the disabling/stopping and Anti-virus and/or Security software?

I am also having skip/stutter (I did full-re-install). Frame rates are up. The stuttering seems worse than Pre-Sp1, and after I did a defrag, even worse again. I get stutters/pauses in level flight, ground is either stuttering, micro-stuttering, or even stops for like 1 sec. Stutters/stops worse in turns or during landing (before touchdown), which makes sense. I have turned down options quite low, and turned autogen completely off. Very little if any stutter change.I am thinking about going back to Pre-SP1, just to see. Has anyone tried the "remove SP1 patch" in the add-remove programs. I may try that, just to see if I am remembering wrong, and stuttering was similar before SP1. Then, in thoery, just "re-appy" SP1 patch, if I want to return to SP1, right, LOL. BTW, my hat is off to ACES, I know they worked their b*tts off on this patch, and some folks are having great great results. Actually, if I skip the big Airports, I was happy Pre-Sp1, I may go back to that till I get a better vid card or a better system.Flt300zDell Pentium D 3.0Ghz1.5GB DDR2 MemoryATI X600 Video Card160GB WD SATA 3.0GB/s19" Dell FP1907

Guest ALFS

Try to use default FSX settings: antialiasing (yes), filter (trilinear or anisotropic). I've a similar problem if I use graphics settings "controlled by graphics driver" in place of "controlled by application".In general, with SP1, performances are better, but less uniform. Using "controlled by application" not sufficiently sharp (AA 4x, AF 4x).Using graphis settings "controlled by graphics driver" (AA 8xS, AF 8x) it becomes a mess (FPS continuously stutters between 0 and 25-30).FSX? SP1? Unsatisfied at all!!! Motherboard ASUS P5B (P965 1066/800)Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.40 GHz FSB 1066 MHzRAM 2.0 GByte 800 DDR2Graphics Card ASUS EN9750GT (nVIDIA 7950 GT 512 MByte DDR3)O.S. Windows Vista BusinessGraphics Card drivers: nVIDIA Forceware 158.18 WHQLAndrea

I had massive stuttering problems on my system too when I installed SP-1. In the end you will have to lock your frame rates. Adjust your TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULTI in your config first. This will take trial and error to work and you will have to move the value up or down to find the minimal stutter free settings that your system will accept. Work in the 40 to 70 range(you may end up with an odd setting like 49)for your card. Keep you slider setting you have now. I suspect that your default TBM is in the 30 range with your card. Change the variable up and see how it runs. you will eventually reach a TBM setting that will cause FSX to run with little stuttering. I can't say stutter free because if you apply the same settings in a Major city or mountains with lots of trees you will get microstutters due to large amounts of autogen being created while your ground textures try to max out to the optimum resolution you set in your sliders. Also the SmallPartRejectRadius tweak will help as itcuts off autogen for small things like A/C on buildings. This has a value of either 2 or 4. There are other things but this is a step in the right direction.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Im about to give in, Ive tried everything suggested. The problem seems to be, as the ground textures keep sharpening, the sim will stutter. But because the ground textures are always sharpening, it always stutters!Ive tried 5m with no autogen and it still stutters! Something is amiss here :(Dont have this problem with any other applications/games.Maybee time for a new GFX card to solve problem (and mre

I think it is the AMD 3800x2 to be honest. I have the same processor and i can't get rid of the studders what so ever and i have tryed everything. The only thing that gets rid of them is turning autogen off. The funny thing is My lap top doen't even have studders yet my gaming PC does? whats up with that?

Do this, i think this is the problem. I think we both have the AMD dual core optimizer installed: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Techni...1_13118,00.htmlClick on "AMD dual core optimizer" to download the instilation but this time it will uninstal it. You must unitstall it!!! this is the key. I also unistalled AMD CPUinfo which might have done somthing also.Once you have unistalled it and restarted your computer run the FSX SP1 installer again - you must reinstal SP1 to see a difference - then once it is done delete your FSX CGF file and start up FSX and let it create a new one. Change your settings to your disire and watch - there should no longer be any stutters!!!!! I hope this works - it did for me. EDIT: Darn it - this might help a little but i did some more testing and i still got the stutters- gosh darnit!!! Setting your frame limmit to 20 - this helps a little also even though it's pretty low.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Do I need the AMD optimizer when running on vista 32bit?Ian