Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Performance completely drops after about 3 hours of flight

hi all,

So, now that the A390 is even better, I wanted to do a nice long haul.

However, after a smootht ake off from the new EBBR, somewhere after Ireland a huge stutter fest started. I'm still in this, maybe it will go away again, but I don't get it. Landing will be impossible that is for sure.

I had it a few weeks ago as well. What could cause this? MY GPU is at around 40% and CPU 0&1 at 100% usage. With the shorter flights with the FBW a320 I don't have this.

Any tips?

I use the addon linekr for allt he addons. Maybe I shouldn't for planes?

cheers

Vic

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

CPU 0&1 at 100% usage

What are your pc specs?

if CPU at 100%, what are your cpu temps?  Your cpu may be throttling down.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Known issue, maybe you should consider participating in this thread. According to the tag "feedback logged" they are still - as it is quite a long exisiting issue - in need for detailed information to identify the bug.

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I have just had the same problem on a long flight from EGGB (Birmingham) to LPPD (Azores) in the DC6 about 6 hrs+, after about four hours I got the odd stutter which progressively got worse, I saved the flight, restarted MSFS and reloaded the flight and completed the journey. Annoying but in it only took a couple of minutes. I think the problem is with MSFS.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Probably not helpful but I did two 3+ hours flights with A32NX over Europe this past weekend and there were no issues with FPS. 
I only mention this as it implies it is not a general MSFS bug if it is not affecting everyone. Maybe a memory leak from a mod or service running in the background. Also MS servers seem to have issues at the moment.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

20 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Probably not helpful but I did two 3+ hours flights with A32NX over Europe this past weekend and there were no issues with FPS. 
I only mention this as it implies it is not a general MSFS bug if it is not affecting everyone. Maybe a memory leak from a mod or service running in the background. Also MS servers seem to have issues at the moment.

I have had quite a few flights of 4hrs or more with no problems. but the last flight I got a slight stutter after about  four and a half hrs started to get worse after another hour. Read the link Tom L has put up, there does appear to be an intermittent MSFS fault.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

9 hours ago, CarlosF said:

What are your pc specs?

if CPU at 100%, what are your cpu temps?  Your cpu may be throttling down.

It is a 9700 KF

Temps were nicely at 65.

Gpu is 3080

Victor Roos

6 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Interesting. I also never really had it with the fbw.. 

Victor Roos

I would try emptying you Community folder and try the same flight again to rule out any mod causing the issue.

I've read that there is a push back mod for instance that has memory leak issue that can cause your problem.

Best of luck!

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

There is a method which users have found to fix this issue. I have implemented this method into my PC but haven't had time to test it beyond several hours. I did have such issues before finding this fix and found that turning off multiplayer kind of fixed the issue for me.

Anyway here is the method -

Original link to this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/increase-performances-immediatly-amazing-tested-and-aprouved/504551/6

Disable The NDU Registry

1. Open the Registry editor app again and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Ndu.

2. Find and Right-click on the Start option and click on Modify.

3. Change the value from 2 to 4 and click on OK.

4. Restart Windows

11 hours ago, Victoroos said:

So, now that the A390 is even better, I wanted to do a nice long haul.

What's the A390? That one? 🤣

• Like 6

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hi, I think that has nothing to do with longtherm flight, I think the chances are more how longer you fly to get it. Yesterday I had the same issues after 45 minutes flight over Finnland between Tampere and Vaasa. I think this comming from the Server because the cyrcle is turning all the time. That was the end of this flight.😩

Stephan from Germany

My System

6 hours ago, touchdown84 said:

What's the A390? That one? 🤣

Hahaha, probably 😅 #a339

Victor Roos

7 hours ago, Gate99 said:

I would try emptying you Community folder and try the same flight again to rule out any mod causing the issue.

I've read that there is a push back mod for instance that has memory leak issue that can cause your problem.

Best of luck!

Mark

The pushback mod (which is a great mod) was already updated a long time ago to fix that😊

Thanks  I'll try indeed! 

🙂span widget

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

I think we need to add more information like day or night flight (might be lighting related), weather conditions, and any notable add-ons in on order for us to be able to correlate the good flights vs the bad ones. 

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440