Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

MK Studios Dublin (EIDW) keeps crashing the sim

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Im running the SU10 beta and cannot spawn or fly near EIDW without a CTD. That's with or without MKStudios Dublin installed. Even in Safe Mode the sim CTDs spawning at Dublin. Does anyone have any ideas?

For what is worth............I always experienced the same issue back in FSX with EIDW.  I wonder if it's something related to the location of that airport in the sim world or something.  It's weird.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

41 minutes ago, DMullert said:

For what is worth............I always experienced the same issue back in FSX with EIDW.  I wonder if it's something related to the location of that airport in the sim world or something.  It's weird.

It certainly is weird. Fired up the sim again just now and on the second attempt it loaded up fine. I'd changed absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Edited by jarmstro

Nevermind I'm too stupid to read.

Edited by Fiorentoni

I know this is an old thread, but I’m having the same issue. Tried loading PMDG 738 at EIDW and sim crashed before loading. Started MSFS again at MK EINN, flew the 738 to EIDW, and the sim crashed on final to EIDW. Just curious if anyone knows of a fix. I’m happy to change settings, but I don’t generally have this issue and I have very good hardware. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

17 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I know this is an old thread, but I’m having the same issue. Tried loading PMDG 738 at EIDW and sim crashed before loading. Started MSFS again at MK EINN, flew the 738 to EIDW, and the sim crashed on final to EIDW. Just curious if anyone knows of a fix. I’m happy to change settings, but I don’t generally have this issue and I have very good hardware. 

Cheers, Pete

I had this also this week, I fly very rarely to Dublin. 

I have uninstalled my ORBX version, repaired my VCRedist (downloaded the latest at MS site) installed MK EIDW AGAIN. and then did 2 testflights. One started at EIDW (it would have crashed before when starting the flight) and one to it. 

Important; Do a fresh download from ORBX by making sure the prior download is deleted, also the backed up download! (ORBX has an option for back up downloaded files). 

Both worked fine (also this is no guarantee that its stable now) 

M.

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

14 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I have uninstalled my ORBX version, repaired my VCRedist (downloaded the latest at MS site) installed MK EIDW AGAIN. and then did 2 testflights. One started at EIDW (it would have crashed before when starting the flight) and one to it. 

Important; Do a fresh download from ORBX by making sure the prior download is deleted, also the backed up download! (ORBX has an option for back up downloaded files). 

M.

Thanks! I will give this a shot. Since I have been on the Shannon to Dublin flight a couple of times IRL, I enjoy doing a sim flight to and from those places every so often. It always amazed me that such a small city (no skyscrapers per se) get such a big hit in flight sim.

Cheers, Pete

16 hours ago, mpo910 said:

M.

Your fix has worked! Started up at EIDW with 737-800 without issue on both of my MSFS computers. Thanks again!!

Cheers, Pete

7 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Your fix has worked! Started up at EIDW with 737-800 without issue on both of my MSFS computers. Thanks again!!

Cheers, Pete

Great. Happy to help out. 

Happy landing then.

Btw...Shannon and Dublin....it's so great to fly there as the weather is often so spectacular

Regards

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Btw...Shannon and Dublin....it's so great to fly there as the weather is often so spectacular

Cork and Kerry are too, we often have very strong southwesterly winds in Cork making for some difficult landings at times.

• Like 1

CTD's are so random I find, and so hard to isolate the cause. (Windows Event Viewer doesn't really tell you much)

I've only ever had one CTD on final approach to Dublin 28L. I re-flew the same flight an hour later and landed fine, no CTD.  Can't explain it.

( Then the next day I had a CTD in the Salty 747 at 40,000ft over the Gulf of Thailand - so who the hell knows what it's about!  )

Edited by flyhalf
afterthoughts
  • Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU