Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

[OT] Must see!

>Must see what? An idiot dancing in different places. Sorry,>maybe there is some tremendous depth to it .. I fail to see>it.Likely.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest enave

>>sorry no offense, but I find your reasoning extremely>demagogic and hypocritical.>I would also just like to point out that while it may be true that "half the world is starving" it is also true that many of those (perhaps the majority) are starving NOT because there is no food, but because FOOD IS KEPT FROM THEM. A great example of this is Somalia. Watch the movie Blackhawk Down to see what I mean. There was food available. Men with guns kept it from the people.So the point is, you and I could sell all of our possessions and give the money to the poor and it wouldn't change things in Somalia. You'd just be giving your money to a gang of thugs. If you know a solution to that please let me know.

Guest Rockcliffe

Great link. Thanks for posting. For the cranks who are annoyed by this: I imagine Matt has learned much more about the world and its cultures than most of us ever will.And he's not embarrassed to have fun and to share his enthusiasm.RegardsBlairCYOW

>>Have you an idea of how much money did you spend on>>"unnecessary" technology related items in your 64 years of>>life? New cars, etc.?>>>I have never even been in the position to consider buying a>new car, I have spent a little on FS Addons though.>>I think that at my age I believe I am entitled to have a bit>of pleasure before I pop off.>>For a younger man though it's rather a code of life, IMO.>>To illustrate my point I include this statement from Heather>Sherman whom you may remember was the first lady astronaut and>it touched me deeply................>>Good day!>>As many of you know, my work is and has always been free. I>enjoy being able to give back to the community from which I>have received so much pleasure.>>I am one of those people who always try to find something good>in every situation, no matter how bleak it may be.>>I am semi-disabled with a heart condition that prevents me>from working a full-time job which, in this small town, means>pretty much any job. >>The good aspect of this is that it gives me an abundance of>time to apply to this hobby that I would not otherwise have.>>The bad part is that my level of disability is right in that>gray area where it is difficult to find work yet I am unable>to draw any disability compensation. I am also uninsured which>means that I have to scrape up around $250 a month just to>cover my medication.>>Every tme I upload some of my work, my biggest hope is that>you will enjoy it as much as I do providing it. I get many>emails of thanks and for me that is all the payment I ever>need.>>On the other hand, in light of my medical and financial>condition, if you like my work and can afford to donate,>anything would be greatly appreciated and would help>considerably. >>Mail to:>>Heather Sherman>P.O. Box 1044>Harrison, Arkansas 72601>>or>>PayPal>pharoah42@eritter.net>>>Again, this is strictly voluntary and please do not send>anything if you yourself are in difficult times. I would be>most upset at that.>>All of my work is free and you are under no obligation>whatsoever other than that I hope you enjoy what I am able to>provide.>>Sincerest regards,>>Heather Sherman>>pharoah42@eritter.netRegarding "To illustrate my point I include this statement from Heather Sherman whom you may remember was the first lady astronaut"I think you may be thinking two ladies are the same person.from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronaut"The first woman cosmonaut was Valentina Tereshkova, launched into space in June 1963 aboard Vostok 6."from http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarCh...vel2/ride.html: About Dr Sally K. Ride PhD "On June 18,1983 she became the first American woman to orbit Earth when she flew aboard Space Shuttle Challenger. "The closest name listed on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronauts_by_name#S which lists persons launched from BOTH American AND Soviet/Russian facilities is Helen Patricia SharmanFrom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Sharman"Helen Patricia Sharman OBE (born May 30, 1963), is a former British astronaut. She was the first Briton in space, and the first non-Soviet, non-American woman in space on Soyuz TM-12 which took off on May 18, 1991."I'm thinking the Helen Sherman in Arkansas USA is probably a different lady (posibly the one that has taken part in some projects upoaded to AVSIM).

Well, I sort of put this video in the same category as most blogs - done to gratify the person who did them - but to lead it off with a "must see"???? - Gimme a break!IMHO, no redeeming social value.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Hesynergy

what the #### does this have to do with FS????????????????????????????????????????????????go to some social site...C

>what the #### does this have to do with>FS????????????????????????????????????????????????>>go to some social site...>>CBecause hangar chat is the closest place to an off topic here...

>I would also just like to point out that while it may be true>that "half the world is starving" it is also true that many of>those (perhaps the majority) are starving NOT because there is>no food, but because FOOD IS KEPT FROM THEM. A great example>of this is Somalia. Watch the movie Blackhawk Down to see>what I mean. There was food available. Men with guns kept it>from the people.>>So the point is, you and I could sell all of our possessions>and give the money to the poor and it wouldn't change things>in Somalia. You'd just be giving your money to a gang of>thugs. If you know a solution to that please let me know. Very true.Some of you guys are looking at this in a vacuum. With every country he visits, he eats food, he stays in hotels and he probably shops a little. People benefit from his travels. Many of his destinations rely on tourists' money to feed their families.Also, the second leg of his trip was sponsored by a gum company. If their campaign is successful, the company will do better, their employees will get raises and they will buy more stuff.Now, had he not first spent his own money, the gum company would have never sponsored him. Basically, he invested his time and money in his future and many people benefited from his vision. In a strange sort of 21st century mentality, he is an entrepreneur. Yes, it is a little stupid but I wouldn't knock his actions.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>Now, had he not first spent his own money, the gum company>would have never sponsored him. Basically, he invested his>time and money in his future and many people benefited from>his vision. In a strange sort of 21st century mentality, he is>an entrepreneur. Yes, it is a little stupid but I wouldn't>knock his actions.Oh, thanks for the explanation.......................Now I know why he was dancing..................It was the gum on his shoe soles!

Dave Taylor gb.png