Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

Support for New Planes

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

I assume you don't have any emulated keys for NumLock or DEL keys via FSUIPC or other.

How many joysticks do you have?

Yep no problem; I figured if I'd had time to sim I would have just reverted. 

I have a warthog stick, warthog throttle, and rudder pedals.

EDIT:  Also, no FSUIPC or AAO use here, so no emulated keys.  I do use the Thrustmaster "Target" software to assign the rudder pedals to the Z axis (by default without running target, they're assigned a duplicate axis to a throttle by my computer, affects all sims I run), but Target is not assigning any keypresses, just that one axis change. 

Edited by Stearmandriver

Andrew Crowley

7 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Yep no problem; I figured if I'd had time to sim I would have just reverted. 

I have a warthog stick, warthog throttle, and rudder pedals.

EDIT:  Also, no FSUIPC or AAO use here, so no emulated keys.  I do use the Thrustmaster "Target" software to assign the rudder pedals to the Z axis (by default without running target, they're assigned a duplicate axis to a throttle by my computer, affects all sims I run), but Target is not assigning any keypresses, just that one axis change. 

One thing is certain, the new feature is incomplete as it's missing the automatic filtering of the "always on" joystick buttons present in the wizard "xpwiz.exe".

I suggest the following workaround...

Disconnect all joysticks apart from the one you need for Vatsim.

Assign PTT button in <ATC> tab

Then assign a button to emulate Numclock in "advanced options" panel.

Shout down MCE.

Re-connect all the other joysticks.

Assuming the correct info is recorded in "mce.ini" for both buttons, MCE should only monitor those and ignore all other joysticks buttons.

Thanks

• Like 1

Latest patch available. Please ignore all previous patches.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta-Patch.zip

A few bug fixes.

New Numlock Emulation function via joystick should work as expected.

Overlooked items like Transponder code and rudder trim adjustment via voice are now in for PMDG 737

• Like 1

Forgot to mention....

In latest patch you can rely on FO to extend the gear manually (pulling the strings for gear free fall), helpful when practicing a "Hydraulic failure" scenario.

PMDG ground services are integrated (there may still be some fine tuning to do).

You can ask the ramp agent to call catering and fuel truck for you.

When the latter turns up, Mechanic will prompt for the fuel figure you desire for the flight.

Say it either in tons or pounds and once Mechanic gets your confirmation you have given the right amount, the FO will insert it via CDU 2 and initiate the refuelling process.

For pushback, the assumption is made that you didn't set anything manually, because although MCE can push the triggers, it cannot see which options you have selected. It just assumes they were untouched.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

If you guys find anything overlooked, please chime in ASAP. Thanks

I few items I came across today:

- Rudder trim reset seems off. During his preflight flow, the F/O performs a rudder trim check by trimming left and right and then reset. He left the rudder trim slightly left though instead of resetting it to zero.

- The flaps 5 confirmation works now during the before takeoff checklist, but during my after takeoff checklist he keeps asking me to confirm flaps are at zero (which they are).

- Pax oxygen is an item for him to check if it's in the normal position, but he keeps switching it to on on command "passenger oxygen normal". He also leaves the guard open when commanded to set the switch to normal after he erroneously switched it on.

- Not a bug, but I was always wondering if there is no command for the F/O to set the gear lever to the off position.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The stab trim reset command also still trims all the way ANU from what I remember.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 hours ago, threegreen said:

Not a bug, but I was always wondering if there is no command for the F/O to set the gear lever to the off position.

I've had the following command in my after takeoff voxscript for quite a while, works well:  gear lever off.

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

If you guys find anything overlooked, please chime in ASAP. Thanks

With the latest patch, I'm able to have my ATC mute button, and general mute/unmute joystick buttons working well.  However, I seem to have lost all normal callouts from the FO.  No V1, Rotate, V2, Positive rate callouts at all.  He does still call FMC message, engine failure etc.... just no longer makes his normal takeoff profile callouts.  I've checked every setting I can think of, and no dice.  Any thoughts?

EDIT: to clarify, this is in the PMDG 737 for MSFS, and it's worth noting that PMDG did have an update to the plane yesterday.  Unsure if related.

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 1

Andrew Crowley

8 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

With the latest patch, I'm able to have my ATC mute button, and general mute/unmute joystick buttons working well.  However, I seem to have lost all normal callouts from the FO.  No V1, Rotate, V2, Positive rate callouts at all.  He does still call FMC message, engine failure etc.... just no longer makes his normal takeoff profile callouts.  I've checked every setting I can think of, and no dice.  Any thoughts?

EDIT: to clarify, this is in the PMDG 737 for MSFS, and it's worth noting that PMDG did have an update to the plane yesterday.  Unsure if related.

Same here, no callouts on takeoff.

20 hours ago, threegreen said:

- Not a bug, but I was always wondering if there is no command for the F/O to set the gear lever to the off position.

Affirmative, there are such commands

landing gear off

gear off

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

The takeoff callouts will only happen when he correctly detects you are taking off.

As part of building his situational awareness, we periodically feed him with all sorts of data, including current speed, whether airborne or on ground, current hdg, vs, position, throttle lever position.

The last item is the trickiest, because if you have a badly calibrated joystick he may not see the throttle at a position high enough to assume you are taking off. He probably thinks you are taxying. Could also be caused by a flex takeoff with very low takeoff weight

If you don't mind being harassed by audio, you could activate some features intended for Blind Visually Impaired pilots (they try to fly by relying on audio feedback).

Right-click anywhere in MCE UI and select option "Use screen narrator".

You should hear what MCE assumes the flight phase you're in. Every few seconds you would hear, "before start", "engine start", "after start", depending on the phase of course.

You can go one more step and in "mce.ini" set "PilotIsBVI=1".

Whenever you fly manually, ask co-pilot "read instruments aloud" and you should get audio feedback with regards,spd, hdg, alt, pitch, bank, turning left, right, climbing, descending, etc..

When you have enough, say "stop reading instruments".

In next patch, we'll lower the value beyond which FO can assume throttles are in Climb or higher, maybe it's as simple as that.

We've just uploaded a new patch that addresses the takeoff flight phase detection as this is quite urgent.

Same download link. Only need to replace "Simco64_Ldr.exe" this time.

Other issues like trim precision dialling will be addressed in upcoming patch.

Not sure what's happening on my machine, I don't seem to be able to set the stab trim, even manually (using clicks). Spins a few times but stays around 4.0 value.

That is with all engines running and all systems (including hydraulics) with no failures

Is this common issue?

41 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Not sure what's happening on my machine, I don't seem to be able to set the stab trim, even manually (using clicks). Spins a few times but stays around 4.0 value.

Can't say I've seen this issue.  Stab trim runs maybe slower than you're used to seeing in other sim aircraft, as it runs at a realistic speed for a 737.  To set a takeoff trim value that's substantially different from what you currently have, you genereally have to press and hold the trim switch for several seconds and let the trim run continuously while watching the pointer move. A click or two of the switch won't do it. 

If, doing this, you still can't move the trim, that's probably an issue. 

Andrew Crowley

I used the last (not today's) patch and Joel (my FO) seems to be feuding with the flight crew and repeatedly shutting off the galley power.  I used only the voxscripts given.  After the prepare the ac script I find it off so I turned it back on, then after the preflight overhead same thing.

I think their coffee tastes fine myself but Joel isn't keen on it I guess?

Everything else went great!