Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

Support for New Planes

On 5/21/2022 at 9:34 PM, threegreen said:

I have several scripts like that one myself that only have the F/O verbally confirm something. What I do is put a - into the box dictating what the F/O initially says to confirm he's about to execute the script. This way he won't say anything and jump straight to the notify= I specified in the script.

This is what the text file looks like, there's only the - in the reply section which mutes the script confirmation.

[OPTIONS]
Suspend=0
Verbose=0
RequireConfirmation=0

[REPLIES]
Reply1=-

[COMPLETED]

[SCRIPT]
Notify=lnav

That's one useful workaround.

Documentation is missing the following option introduced some time ago for this very purpose.

The notification about the flow execution start only happens with silent flows and it's possible to prevent it with this option in mce.ini

[OPTIONS]

AutoNotifyOnSilentFlowStart=0

• Like 2

Found another oddity: on touchdown, it seems that MCE always says 3 things in quick succession: "spoilers deployed,  reverse thrust deployed, 60kts."  The first two are correct but the third is questionable... usually still doing around 115kts ;).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

This zip file which only contains 3 files is only meant for those who already installed the Beta for PMDG 737 support. It addresses the following issues.

Denied Flaps 40 selection

AC and DC Voltmeter selection via voice

VR specific callout

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Beta-Patch.zip

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Found another oddity: on touchdown, it seems that MCE always says 3 things in quick succession: "spoilers deployed,  reverse thrust deployed, 60kts."  The first two are correct but the third is questionable... usually still doing around 115kts ;).

Mmmm, the speed discrepancy could be caused by the following.

The PMDG plane doesn't give access to the flight data it uses. It's mostly switches and MCP dial values.

MCE still has to use the Asobo SDK for things like current speed, altitude, heading, position, radio frequencies, Squawk code etc..

The planes using wasm module, may be able to read such data using the gauge tokens just as they did in P3D/FSX and it's much faster.

Everyone else, (at least it's the case with external modules) has to rely on Asobo Simconnect to provide it with such data.

You cannot read it directly. It's more like register your interest in specific variables and tell Simconnect to send you the data at intervals/

Herein lies a pitfall. Some devs are greedy and will hammer Simconnect to read say speecd, HDG, Alt every frame.

Considerate devs will try to only request data when needed. In MCE case no more than once every second for data that changes frequently and 2 seconds or more for things that aren't.

While it's possible for MCE FO to be "behind", like announce 60 knots when it's already at 55 (or lower) because it is one or 2 seconds behind (with speed info), cannot explain such discrepancy.

You may want to overlay the Asobo instruments to see what the plane is showing and what Asobo does.

You can also ask FO. "confirm current speed", "confirm current altitude", "confirm current heading".(these don't refer to PMDG MCP panel HDG, ALT SPD which he has access to using PMDG SDK)

5 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Mmmm, the speed discrepancy could be caused by the following.

The PMDG plane doesn't give access to the flight data it uses. It's mostly switches and MCP dial values.

MCE still has to use the Asobo SDK for things like current speed, altitude, heading, position, radio frequencies, Squawk code etc..

The planes using wasm module, may be able to read such data using the gauge tokens just as they did in P3D/FSX and it's much faster.

Everyone else, (at least it's the case with external modules) has to rely on Asobo Simconnect to provide it with such data.

But this limitation does not exist in P3D, right? Because the same thing happens in P3D (F/O calling out 60 kts when I'm at over 100).

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

But this limitation does not exist in P3D, right? Because the same thing happens in P3D (F/O calling out 60 kts when I'm at over 100).

Correct, in P3d or FSX, MCE reads data directly using the gauge interface via fsInsider64.dll.

Will be looked at then.

• Like 1

I came across another item that's not working correctly btw. The stab trim cutout switches only respond to commanding the F/O to set them to normal. He will then put them into the off position even though normal was commanded. If normal is commanded again, he will put them back into normal. Basically, commanding off doesn't work and normal acts as a command to put the switches into the other position.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Another item: When my script commands the F/O to reset the stab trim after landing, he instead trims full airplane nose up all the way to the stop and lets it sit there. Bad F/O! 🙂

He also still only calls out "1000 to go" in the later stages of descent and on approach, like in P3D.

46 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Another item: When my script commands the F/O to reset the stab trim after landing, he instead trims full airplane nose up all the way to the stop and lets it sit there. Bad F/O! 🙂

He also still only calls out "1000 to go" in the later stages of descent and on approach, like in P3D.

HaHa Ha :biggrin:

We'll get him sorted.

Meanwhile, assuming you already installed the first patch, here is the second one with just one file to replace

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Beta-Patch2.zip

Patch should get these sorted

Accurate selection of stab trim switches

Dialling of Baro, Decision height and MDA

Cargo fire panel arm/disarm switches as well as extinguisher.

• Like 1

Anyone else seeing an odd behavior surround the Seat Belt sign switch on the 737 in MSFS?  On my Before Start check, MCE reads the challenge, then when I respond "on", pauses for a few seconds as though he's moving the switch, then reports "now on", even though it was on all along and the switch didn't actually move.

BTW thanks for the help in quickly getting my activation issue sorted via email.  First class support as always!  👍

Andrew Crowley

17 hours ago, FS++ said:

Dialling of Baro, Decision height and MDA

I guess this does not include setting the altimeter? When I tell the F/O to set the altimeter to whatever he dials all the way up to 32.00 and after that keeps switching back and forth on the unit setting until all eternity.

The F/O also seems to have a taxi light fetish, as I always find the taxi light switched on whenever I start MCE.

Also, during the before takeoff checklist he keeps asking me to check the item again when I respond to flaps with "5 final, 5 indicated, green light" (flaps are at 5). I have __ set in the checklist file to be able to respond freely and it worked fine in P3D.

15 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Anyone else seeing an odd behavior surround the Seat Belt sign switch on the 737 in MSFS?  On my Before Start check, MCE reads the challenge, then when I respond "on", pauses for a few seconds as though he's moving the switch, then reports "now on", even though it was on all along and the switch didn't actually move.

Works fine for me, but I noticed that with a few other switches, like probe heat on auto during the checklist.

Edited by threegreen

28 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The F/O also seems to have a taxi light fetish, as I always find the taxi light

This was there by accident. It wasn't meant for the release build. Toggles taxi when connection is established.

It was removed in latest builds.

Make sure you replace "Simco64_Ldr.exe" in MCE installation path with the one in this latest patch. Repatch in this order

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Beta-Patch.zip

Then follow with this one.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Beta-Patch2.zip

He should be able to dial Baro, DH and MDA once you replace the "Simco64_Ldr.exe" in particular.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2022 at 2:46 PM, threegreen said:

Also, during the before takeoff checklist he keeps asking me to check the item again when I respond to flaps with "5 final, 5 indicated, green light" (flaps are at 5). I have __ set in the checklist file to be able to respond freely and it worked fine in P3D.

Works fine for me, but I noticed that with a few other switches, like probe heat on auto during the checklist.

As he is expected to verify your statement he would need to read the flaps setting correctly. It turns out he wasn't doing it properly for the PMDG plane  in MSFS.

This latest patch should get it sorted.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta-Patch.zip

Also possible to emulate the Numlock key using a joystick assigned button as a hard mute. More useful for VR users with inability to check the keyboard state

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

As he is expected to verify your statement he would need to read the flaps setting correctly. It turns out he wasn't doing it properly for the PMDG plane  in MSFS.

This latest patch should get it sorted.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta-Patch.zip

Also possible to emulate the Numlock key using a joystick assigned button as a hard mute. More useful for VR users with inability to check the keyboard state

Hi Gerald,

Just got a chance to try out this latest patch (with a new TTS voice).  I'm a couple patches behind, and wondering if they needed to be installed incrementally?  I've got a couple bugs (very possible due to me replacing files incorrectly.)

1.  MCE doesn't seem to recognize my controllers anymore.  I've had my joystick vatsim PTT switch assigned as such in MCE, and previous to this patch it worked well for muting my mic to MCE while talking on the radio.  Doesn't seem to work now, even though the mce.ini file does correctly name my controller and the assigned button... MCE still hears me though:[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyProdID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyButton=1
UseWithVoxATC=0        

2.  Along the same line, I've tried assigning a joystick button to emulate the num lock mute function (which I'd previously wished for so this is nice), but it fails to recognize a joystick.

3.  I seem to be stuck with a verbal notification ever time I mute or un-mute MCE with the num lock key; I'm not sure if this is related to the top option in the "more options" interface, something like "announce mode changes", as that option seems to be frozen and un-selectable for me now.

I'm wondering if I replaced files incorrectly?  I dropped these files: CandC folder, dcErrors.dll, MCE.exe, and Simco64_ldr.exe, in the MCE folder within program files (x86)...

And then  put the PMDG B737 MSFS folder in MyVoiceScripts within Documents --> Multi Crew Experience.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I did re-run the program setup wizard after initially experiencing these issues, and the wizard correctly detected my joystick PTT/mute button... but after finishing the wizard, my joystick buttons are still not recognized within the program in-sim, and all the issues remain.

Thanks!

Edited by Stearmandriver

Andrew Crowley

10 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Hi Gerald,

Just got a chance to try out this latest patch (with a new TTS voice).  I'm a couple patches behind, and wondering if they needed to be installed incrementally?  I've got a couple bugs (very possible due to me replacing files incorrectly.)

1.  MCE doesn't seem to recognize my controllers anymore.  I've had my joystick vatsim PTT switch assigned as such in MCE, and previous to this patch it worked well for muting my mic to MCE while talking on the radio.  Doesn't seem to work now, even though the mce.ini file does correctly name my controller and the assigned button... MCE still hears me though:[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyProdID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyButton=1
UseWithVoxATC=0        

2.  Along the same line, I've tried assigning a joystick button to emulate the num lock mute function (which I'd previously wished for so this is nice), but it fails to recognize a joystick.

3.  I seem to be stuck with a verbal notification ever time I mute or un-mute MCE with the num lock key; I'm not sure if this is related to the top option in the "more options" interface, something like "announce mode changes", as that option seems to be frozen and un-selectable for me now.

I'm wondering if I replaced files incorrectly?  I dropped these files: CandC folder, dcErrors.dll, MCE.exe, and Simco64_ldr.exe, in the MCE folder within program files (x86)...

And then  put the PMDG B737 MSFS folder in MyVoiceScripts within Documents --> Multi Crew Experience.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I did re-run the program setup wizard after initially experiencing these issues, and the wizard correctly detected my joystick PTT/mute button... but after finishing the wizard, my joystick buttons are still not recognized within the program in-sim, and all the issues remain.

Thanks!

Use the very latest patch to replace files. Ignore previous ones.

The joystick issue is directly related to the introduction of a new assignment for emulating Numlock.  Probably needs more work.

To be able to go back to Vatsim, use "mce.exe" that ships in Patch2.

I assume you don't have any emulated keys for NumLock or DEL keys via FSUIPC or other.

How many joysticks do you have?

Edited by FS++