Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

4 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

This is all I get...LOL....total server meltdown!

How is that possible? they have servers running with highly scalable resource controls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PMDG and their hosting partner was clearly not ready for this. RSR can swear up and down they were, but they weren’t. 

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

From the PMDG Forums:

2200Z: UPDATE
At approximately 2145Z we were advised by the company managing licensing and activation that it was necessary to take the system offline temporarily to correct a problem that is inhibiting the download/activation system from scaling up to greater resource use properly.

They report to us that a significant number of users are impacted by undelivered activation keys, but that this will sort itself out once they bring the system back online.

While this work is underway, we have temporarily halted sales, as we don't want to compound the problem.

IMPORTANT: If you are having trouble downloading, authorizing, or activating- please watch this thread as you will not get through the process until we bring this system back online. I'll be back to you as soon as I have additional information from the data center.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Wow! It’s cutting up rough on the PMDG forum.

They’re calling him ‘Baghdad Bob’😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bendead said:

How is that possible? they have servers running with highly scalable resource controls.

This is one of many reasons why I left IT after 3 decades.  The lies from vendors regarding the capabilities of their cloud hosting are massive.

• Upvote 1

If you get to enter authentication code and it spins around and around and times out, check that your pop-up blocker is blocking the actual downloader window.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShawnG said:

Is this really the way to do a release day?  Making sure that everyone is all ramped up to hit the buy button at the exact same moment?

I’m gonna laugh my word not allowed off when y’all crash the servers…

Imma just quote myself from earlier.

this is just how it is.  It isn’t just PMDG.  This is how big software releases go, everywhere.  It’ll get sorted.  Learn for next time.  Hang back.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1