Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How do I get to PMDG forums?

I can see the forum so long as I'm NOT signed in.

• Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

15 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

David, log in the PMDG website (where you bought the 737). Once in, scroll to the bottom of the page of your account and find the community forum link. See if that works.

edit. Clicking the link brings me into the forum but I need to register in order to post. So I guess it's 2 separate logins.

This didn't work for me.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, harrry said:

Some mail providers, Arxix is one, block confirmation mails from AMAZON and others including PMDG.  I had this problem with them and AMAZON were a pain in the backside and did not seem to know what was gong on.  PMDG when they changed to the new site did this to me to and on a ticket within 30 minutes they had checked they received mine and had sent the conformation letter, ther go me to repeat then told me to try  another provider suggesting gmail accounts work.  I did this and was logged in in no time and then was able to use this knowledge to get back to wasting money on Amazon too.  

This was not PMDG though i was blaming them it was my mail host to blame.  Apparently  their spam bot blocks such messages as spam before they enter the system though normal mail from the same organizations work well

This has the ring of truth to me. I saw a message on the PMDG forum -- while I was signed OUT -- that the most common reason for forum-access problems is failure to respond to the second email confirmation regarding forum access. Well, I never received the first message, much less the second. My initial registration and purchase of the 737, however, went flawlessly. I've checked my spam folders on Gmail, but if the "spam" is removed before it even gets to the spam folder, then I don't know what to do. 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

6 minutes ago, Dillon said:

This didn't work for me.

Sorry Dillon, this has to be a glitch. I don't see the page you, Ryan and David are seeing.

One thing is for sure (in my case), I would need a separate registration to post there. My PMDG login does not work with the forums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

Sorry Dillon, this has to be a glitch. I don't see the page you, Ryan and David are seeing.

One thing is for sure (in my case), I would need a separate registration to post there. My PMDG login does not work with the forums.

Thank you. That's important information about the separate login requirement. 

I just want to restate that I absolutely love, and highly recommend, the 737. I'd long heard about PMDG's stellar reputation. But I'd never owned one of their products until Release Day of the 737. It's the only aircraft I fly now. And I had an especially joyous experience a few days ago when I manually programmed the FMC and got the plane to follow waypoint altitude changes for the first time. So despite minor frustrations with forum access, I'm a very happy customer of PMDG.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David Mills said:

This has the ring of truth to me. I saw a message on the PMDG forum -- while I was signed OUT -- that the most common reason for forum-access problems is failure to respond to the second email confirmation regarding forum access. Well, I never received the first message, much less the second. My initial registration and purchase of the 737, however, went flawlessly. I've checked my spam folders on Gmail, but if the "spam" is removed before it even gets to the spam folder, then I don't know what to do. 

If you are using gmail this will not be the problem.  gmail does not block them.

Harry Woodrow

I believe I ran into this issue a year or so ago when I made a new account there. I cant remember if it was due to changing emails due to hacking, or simply forgetting my credentials. Anyway, the short story was that the account needs to be verified, and for some reason, the verification didn't work. Support helped me after I sent a ticket.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

4 hours ago, David Mills said:

I just want to restate that I absolutely love, and highly recommend, the 737. I'd long heard about PMDG's stellar reputation. But I'd never owned one of their products until Release Day of the 737. It's the only aircraft I fly now. And I had an especially joyous experience a few days ago when I manually programmed the FMC and got the plane to follow waypoint altitude changes for the first time. So despite minor frustrations with forum access, I'm a very happy customer of PMDG.  

Dave  got  a reply  back to the post  i  posted,  the  reply  i  got  back was this

You can point them to support.pmdg.com to open ticket. Most usual issue is that they have not checked the second email received from forum.

You hadnt  changed  your  email address  or  changed  to user  name  by any  chance

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

12 hours ago, harrry said:

If you are using gmail this will not be the problem.  gmail does not block them.

I'm still trying to narrow down this bizarre problem. But I discovered last night that Gmail, on my system at least, does indeed interrupt many emails from PMDG. Let me specifically elaborate:

Gmail, by default, collects email into three separate folders or categories: 1) Primary (your main inbox), 2) Social (notifications from Twitter, YouTube, etc.), 3) Promotions (spam). I routinely check my Promotions (or spam) folder because Gmail is very haphazard and inconsistent about whether email from businesses goes into Primary or Promotions. (@harrry, above, doesn't currently suffer this problem. I do.) Within these three default folders, I'd found no confirmation or registrations emails from PMDG, not even in the Promotions (spam) folder.

Now, last night, I discovered, wading through a long menu of hard-to-reach options on Gmail, there is another, off-screen folder blatantly named Spam. I clicked on this folder and saw two past emails from PMDG brightly highlighted with red fish hook icons, indicating that these emails were sent from a known phishing source -- which is of course completely ridiculous. None of the other emails in this (blatant) Spam folder displayed such ominous red fish hooks. The two emails from PMDG were also prefaced by dire warnings from Gmail about opening the message. Within these two PMDG emails were deliberately-killed (by Gmail), dead links to forum registration at PMDG. You could not click on these links, nor could you copy and paste them.

Further, I'm willing to bet that PMDG either never received my solicitations for help or, perhaps did so, and their response was totally trashed by Gmail. I assure you that I never chose to consign PMDG to a spam folder. I'm just thankful that my original purchase of the 737 went through without issue. Perhaps money transactions use a different method of communications. I don't know.

I'd be very interested to learn whether the other people on this thread who've experienced the same problem also use Gmail. At any rate, I think the post a page or two back by @harrry, detailing his experience with spam bots, is the causal issue here, rather than any problems within PMDG, its forum, or with service representatives. But I do hope that PMDG does recognize that, for some people, PMDG has been red-flagged by Gmail big time. This was obviously an innocent mistake by Gmail, but it does affect otherwise very happy customers of PMDG.

I've been given contradictory information, by two very knowledgeable people, about whether you do (or do not) need a PMDG forum account apart from the account you used to buy the 737. I try to send help tickets using my purchase account, but it says that my username (David Mills) doesn't meet the format or is already in use. When I tried to set up a different, forum account using davidmills (no spaces), I get a message saying that my email address is already in use. I'm soooooo tired of this. I'm done here with this thread. I apologize to everyone and thank you for your indulgence. If any of you can contact PMDG and have them email me at davidmillsamerican@gmail.com, I'd be very grateful. If not, then so be it. I think the PMDG forum will survive very well without me. 🙂

• Like 1

Fifth time's the charm! I'm actually signed in and on the PMDG forum. There is a God!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, David Mills said:

I was wondering the same thing. You make the 4th person in this thread to have this problem, along with me, @ryanbatc, and @Dillon.

I have the exact same problem as well. bad forum like many anyway. You need to use your real name???

That's crazy for the type of forum it is....PC gaming/flight simming.

I've decided don't need the headache logging in!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 3:18 AM, airlinejets said:

Not a Glitch. 

I, like many, have the EXACT same problem. I have never even posted but I am locked out. I have contacted the admin and never hear a thing back. I have bought about every PMDG product there is, its maddening that they have banned me from their forum FOR NO REASON! 😡

I have exactly the Sam problem as the OP ! I can see forums when not logged in, but not able to post.  When I log in I can’t see the forums so I obviously can’t post…..the annoying thing is I have bought the B747-400 sim from them and unable to get it to instal and as such am looking for help