Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rayed

HiFi release TWO new products for FSX

HI Ingo,X-Graphics is also a very usefull add-on, that is the first one to enable FSX users to influence the look and feel of the sim. First impression: great!Yes, the reason we did this is to avoid bad scenario, why using stormy clouds when it is freindly weather or using clouds that's do not really works on scenario, the combos improve alot the visibility for all mile, as well the hard band horizon which make not realistic in the sim compare to real life. And you can add new and unique feature that's will require ASX and X graphics exclusive to works togheter. We have done these product for a long run 100% working togheter.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

This is a very professionally done product and works great out of the box. Some of the options don't look very good, some do, but there are so many to choose from and once you find a combination that you like it really makes the sim look amazing. It's very nice to have a bloom sun without the frame rate hit of turning on bloom! The only thing I can complain about is that when you pull down the option tabs on each category and scroll through all the options with the down arrow that it doesn't remember your last position when you hit the menu again and you have to scroll back down again. Fix that and in my book it's perfect!Flying over DC looking below and seeing the potomac with the greenish brown tinge that looks so real just blew me away! Nice work guys.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest hassata

This is as big a jump for HiFi as FS2002 was to FS2000. If you are lucky enough to have the cash, buy the combo now. Also (most likely due to vis limits of RW weather), fps can actually jump.One question: I am setting up GraphicsX as I like, but then also hitting load approriate textures after downoading weather. That should only affect clouds, while leaving other txtures (strobes, runway) intact, right?Many thanks and great job!

Hi hassata,To disable categories submit for wx influenced, uncheck these in the optionadvanced option to keep your prefered texture always in the sim and not used in wx influenced. but if you disable these in the advanced option, you will not able to change them after if you want to install others new, you will have to check them again.Right now we use clouds, airports envrionment, and water, all others are in random.Ps: Aiports envronement is a big feature here it change complete the airpots environment for all aiports in FSX ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest garyw2005

Hello,I bought the product but was unable to download because Windows XP does not know the file type. At least I was smart enough to also order the CD which will take 2-4 weeks. In the meantime does anyone have a suggestion?Gary

Guest abulaafia

I am getting BETTER performance WITH ASX. Set visibility to lower values - which is more realistic, then detailed texture radius to medium (can't see further anyway). Turn off bloom - ASX non-bloomed looks better than bloom. Water textures are great! Just averaged 58 FPS WSSS-VTSM with a storm and plenty of clouds. Absolutely fantastic. ASX makes FSX pure joy!==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

Hi Gary,Windows doesn't know .ZIP?This is odd... you may have bad file associations. You could right click on the download distribution .zip and "Open with" compressed zip folders... Does this work?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi,When wx-influenced textures are submitted (i.e. after you enter your route) it will wx influence all textures and categories such as lights will be generally random (with slight wx influence).If you do NOT want to have new textures submitted in a certain category (i.e. keep what you have for lights) simply use the advanced options screen in X Graphics to select/unselect categories as desired. Those categories disabled will remain as you last set them :)

Damian Clark

Guest garyw2005

Hello,I'm re-installing Winzip 9.0 as we speak. Will let you know what happens. Gary

Guest nigel28

I just wanna put my .02 in. I think this product is outstanding. It has far exceeded my expectations and I really had a blast tinkering with the weather and making some beautiful thunderstorms (see my screenies in the screenshot section). I love the new lightning effect. In one instance, I was on approach into KSEA and the lightning lit up the sky so bright that I lost site of the runway for a second on short final. It totally blew my mind. One question though for you ASX guys, I was trying to load up a hurricane to see how the new engine depicted hurricanes. So naturally, I went to KMSY and selected the date of 08/29/05 mid afternoon and donwloaded the weather for that date. I clicked to apply the weather settings on the config page and the weather never changed from the default value loaded. Did I miss something? GREAT product though. I will find many hours of enjoyment now with FSX.

. . . you need to modify the readme, then, Jim. It states one should remove the older program before installing ASX. I did, and now have to reinstall ASv6 so that I can use it with FS9. x( Hmmmph!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Nigel,Thanks for the words!The new data is available from January 1, 2007... We need to wait for some hurricanes :)Best,

Damian Clark

Hi,Actually it says you should uninstall previous versions of ASX, not AS in general.Agreed it is not as clear as it could be... will take note and improve things. Thanks!

Damian Clark