Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Another loading screen

For the last two days, when I load the sim, I get a small window with MSFS pic, then a prompt to confirm another window, then the sim starts to load the way it used to.

What's wrong with ASOBO? 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

For the last two days, when I load the sim, I get a small window with MSFS pic, then a prompt to confirm another window, then the sim starts to load the way it used to.

What's wrong with ASOBO? 😀

Its much better this way, checking for updates takes about 2 seconds. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Its much better this way, checking for updates takes about 2 seconds

True, but the total loading time is just as long as it used to be. At least for me, that is.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

23 minutes ago, hvw said:

True, but the total loading time is just as long as it used to be. At least for me, that is.

It just looks more polished, you are not clicking the shortcut and waiting for something to happen, you immediately get this new screen and  it tells you it is starting the app. 

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It just looks more polished, you are not clicking the shortcut and waiting for something to happen, you immediately get this new screen and  it tells you it is starting the app. 

True again. Now if they could blow it up a bit to a full windowed size, I would be 100% happy 🙂 

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Are you guys on MS Store? I'm on Steam and never saw a loading stream at startup.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

23 minutes ago, hvw said:

True again. Now if they could blow it up a bit to a full windowed size, I would be 100% happy 🙂 

Are you kidding? I’ve seen reports of a loading screen for a while and never saw one, until yesterday!! I can’t tell you how thrilled I was. Hope it happens every time. And larger size is what would make you happier? You sound like one of my ex girlfriends! 🤣

MS store version Michael. 

Edited by NismoRR
  • Like 2

Shows on my MS Store installation

Randall Rocke

34 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

You sound like one of my ex girlfriends!

Only one? 😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Are you guys on MS Store? I'm on Steam and never saw a loading stream at startup.

Kind regards, Michael 

I've got the DVD version of MSFS2020

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

3 minutes ago, hvw said:

I've got the DVD version of MSFS2020

Thanks, that's MS Store-based as well. Any Steam users seeing a splash screen?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael 

MS Store version. This only started happening yesterday. Weird.

This new splash screen seems a bit superfluous. What I have noticed (couldn't miss it) is that the 40% hang has made a reappearance!   It was nice while it lasted. Insert expletives. 

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't think adding more windows to the start up is where AOBO should be focusing their attention. I can think of a few areas that they should be focusing on. I know what the sim looks like and I don't need another picture or window to remind me. 😀

Superfluous, that's the word. 😀

Edited by DJJose

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I don't think adding more windows to the start up is where AOBO should be focusing their attention. I can think of a few areas that they should be focusing on. I know what the sim looks like and I don't need another picture or window to remind me. 😀

Superfluous, that's the word. 😀

I like it.  😉

• Like 2