Sign in to follow this  
henkscheffer

Tug don't move

I can confirm that I have also had some kind of conflict between PBE and the PMDG 737 in MSFS.

I use voice control.

When I use the command "We will be ready in a minute" the tug does move and connect to the 737.

However, the subsequent command "We are ready for pushback and engine start" does not trigger any action. The command does register in the software (I can see the voice detect recognize the command and display it properly in the PBE window). But nothing happens when the command registers.

Yes, the chocks are removed. Yes, the parking brake is set. The voice command does not seem to trigger the action to request brake release.

And no, I am not using the PMDG pushback function either.

I can also run my alternative, the freeware Pushback Helper, after PBE has hooked up to the airplane and Pushback Helper will move the tug. Something just seems struck trying to trigger the brake release message for me.

It could possibly be something I've overlooked. Is there anything else that PBE is waiting for/monitoring for before it asks for brake release? I am pretty sure it checks that the brakes are set before asking for brake release. Is there any other condition it is waiting for?

I just did a test using PBE (latest version via the Download Manager.  I loaded the PMDG 737 for MSFS at an airport. I loaded the PMDG 737 Apron panel state, so the engines were off.  I set the parking brake and removed the chocks via the PMDG ground services menu.

Using PBE in Button Control mode, everything worked fine for me.

Please ensure:

1. The engines are off (use the Apron panel state file to be sure).
2. The parking brake is set until the rampie tell you to release the brakes.

To follow up, from a user of ours on Discord who had a similar issue:

My apologies. My frustration was self-induced. I use Honeycomb Bravo with the PMDG 737 and TCA Throttle Quad with the FBW/Fenix. I thought I had removed the parking brake in the TCA, but I did not, so that was the problem. As Bryan indicates, under the conditions he mentions above, PBE works fine. Sorry.

I did my own experimentation after thinking about it:

I left the Chocks on in the PMDG menu, and FS2Crew was able to advance to the next step ("Release the brakes"), so I was able to almost successfully use PBE with the 737, except the rudder control did not seem to work. I will keep experimenting.

But it seems like something is unusual with the parking brakes in the 737. I do not have any parking brake switch on my SaiTek yoke. But I have noticed that tapping my brake pedals releases the brakes, just like back in the P3D days. That is not something any other aircraft does in MSFS that I have seen.

I do appreciate the support. Hopefully we can get this fully working.

(I should also mention I have been trying primarily with voice control. I will also try Button control and see if it works more reliably.)

Edited by rnczyzcontrol

The rudder in the 737 may not be coupled to the nosewheel depending on what you've done, which probably explains your rudder control situation.

I tried the 737 in "windows button" mode, and it worked fine.

Also try it in "Distance Mode"...  Distance mode is what most people use now since it's now the best mode.

Edited by byork

28 minutes ago, byork said:

The rudder in the 737 may not be coupled to the nosewheel depending on what you've done, which probably explains your rudder control situation.

Interesting, does it read off the nosewheel axis and not the rudder axis for the tug inputs? (Just curious)

Just finished my flight. So more experimentation:

1) Using Button control, I can get pushback to start as you described using the parking brake as it should.

So something about the Voice control interface and the brakes seem uncertain. Voice control seems to recognize my command because it shows the recognized command in the PBE window ("Ready for pushback and engine start"). But it never acts on it. Edit: And PBE voice control works with every other aircraft I have tried thus far.

2) The rudder axis in the PMDG737 is deactivated when there is no hydraulics. So that was my bad for not making sure System B was on prior to the pushback. Make sure the System B hydraulic pump is on if you want to use rudder control.

Thanks for your help. I am disappointed voice control doesn't work though. I will keep experimenting. Voice control is my favourite aspect of FS2Crew products. If I want to just click buttons, I can use any freeware add-on. There has to be a way to get this working....

Edited by rnczyzcontrol

I just tried it again in Voice Control mode using Distance Mode.  Voice worked perfectly for me from start to finish.

I started the plane at a gate and loaded the Apron panel state in the PMDG menu.

I then removed the chocks via the PMDG menu.

Triple check that the parking brake is indeed set.... watch out for any hardware assignments that may be fighting for control of the parking brake.

Good morning,

I Thought I was sending a mail about the problem the tug didn't move.

Once again: the problem is over after I  reinstall again the 737-700 and FS2Crew. So thank you all for your answers.

Henk Scheffer

6 hours ago, henkscheffer said:

Good morning,

I Thought I was sending a mail about the problem the tug didn't move.

Once again: the problem is over after I  reinstall again the 737-700 and FS2Crew. So thank you all for your answers.

Henk Scheffer

Glad you got it sorted 😉

On 5/23/2022 at 3:27 AM, byork said:

I just did a test using PBE (latest version via the Download Manager.  I loaded the PMDG 737 for MSFS at an airport. I loaded the PMDG 737 Apron panel state, so the engines were off.  I set the parking brake and removed the chocks via the PMDG ground services menu.

Using PBE in Button Control mode, everything worked fine for me.

Please ensure:

1. The engines are off (use the Apron panel state file to be sure).
2. The parking brake is set until the rampie tell you to release the brakes.

I will briefly describe what just happened to me while using PMDG 737.

First of all, I have 2 setups, TCA Airbus and Boeing. The voice control on the Airbus is running perfectly, even tough I could not play with the pushback closer to the line, still struggling with the trim, but anyway, I will keep trying...back to PMDG, I see the voice activated when I press the button to talk, however nothing happens and I reverted to button control...fine. The airplane started pushing back and suddenly stopped and started pulling forward and finally took me on the opposite way and inside the terminal.

Thanks!!

Thiago 

11 hours ago, byork said:

Which mode are you using?  Rudder control?

Nop, distance mode...On the Airbus everything worked, however I tried many TRIM settings, 0, 30, 50, -10, -30 and the tug pushed me to the same place (A320FBW). 

On PMDG I had this issue described above.

Best Regards!!