Sign in to follow this  
FlyingGoose

PMDG 737 Navigraph Data Update broken?

I used the Navigraph NavData Center (the new application) to update the PMDG 737's Navdata. But now, the plane refuses to recognize any airport I enter - keeps saying "Not  in Database"

How do I fix this?

I've tried removing the data but it didn't fix it. 

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Edited by FlyingGoose

No one else has this issue? It started after the patch update and is only affecting the 737. All other planes that use Navdata work fine. 

I have tried

1. Removing PMDG nav data from the Navadata center - this removed the NavData folder from the plane's folder (F:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\NavData) and the plane was left with NO nav data - the FMC says "Nav Data not loaded"

2. Deleted content.xml = no difference, didn't work

3. Removed Sim navdata AND PMDG navdata = same result, sim loads default navdata, but PMDG says "Nav Data not loaded"

4. Reinstalled the plane = no change

I have no idea why this isn't working. All the files are in the right place, I can open the nav data files in notepad and see the nav info, so the files aren't corrupted. Just feels like PMDG is doing something weird and not reading the files properly

On further investigation, I appear to be missing one file - cycle_info.txt

I found this by opening the layout.json file, and there I see that PMDG is looking for this file (see image), but it doesn’t exist in the directory.

8.png
host picture

Can someone send me a copy of this file from your directory? I think that will fix it. 

5 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

On further investigation, I appear to be missing one file - cycle_info.txt

I found this by opening the layout.json file, and there I see that PMDG is looking for this file (see image), but it doesn’t exist in the directory.

8.png
host picture

Can someone send me a copy of this file from your directory? I think that will fix it. 

Simply rerun your installer for the 737. That has a repair function and should fix problems like this.

No, running the repair didn't fix it. 

Here's what did fix it. I'll leave this here in case someone else has this issue

I have the PMDG plane installed in my community directory which is inside MSFS's custom directory (F:\MSFS). Navigraph is detecting the custom directory, and installing the navdata files into "F:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\NavData"

However, the plane is for whatever reason only looking for files in

"C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\NavData"

So I copied all files from "F:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\NavData" and pasted them into "C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\NavData"

and everything worked as it should. (Obviously replace the $USER bit with your own username. )

Running the repair was weird because it too recreated the navdata files within the custom community directory, but didn't place them in the packages directory. So even the installer thinks that the community directory is the right place to go, but the plane has other thoughts on the subject. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I have MSFS installed to a custom location also and the Navigraph navdata is in E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2798140993-778685438-1837869802-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\NavData, NOT in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\NavData

Works great for me...I can select airports, approaches, SIDS, STARS in the FMC no problem.

I do probably need to move the Community folder out of that LOOOOOONG path to a custom location. Maybe, though, I would then have the issue you had and would need to move the Navigraph bits to the C:\Users\Owner\AppData\...work\NavData directory.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Somiller... the work folder is the one PMDG uses as the primary "working" folder. It normally copies the stuff from the config folder to the work folder when it loads up. 

There is an issue that super long path names can cause problems for MSFS that might be what is causing your original problem. I think you would cause a lot less problems for yourself in the future if you did go ahead and move that Community folder. Might I suggest E:\MyCommunity\ ???  You'll never ever ever have a problem finding your add-ons ever again. 😆

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

10 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Somiller... the work folder is the one PMDG uses as the primary "working" folder. It normally copies the stuff from the config folder to the work folder when it loads up. 

There is an issue that super long path names can cause problems for MSFS that might be what is causing your original problem. I think you would cause a lot less problems for yourself in the future if you did go ahead and move that Community folder. Might I suggest E:\MyCommunity\ ???  You'll never ever ever have a problem finding your add-ons ever again. 😆

MDFlier,

Thank you so much for the info. Indeed I'm going to do that and see if it solves a few niggling problems - like pink interiors, invisible AIG aircraft with only aircraft lights showing (rarely see this), etc.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Thank you !  Can prove useful for other Navigraph users.

Mine worked fine, and I do have a very similar structure to yours ( Sim under F:\MFS )...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi guys,

I ran into the exact same problem. My PMDG 737 always gave me the "Not in database" error for every single airport at the Pos Init after updating the AIRAC to 2205 via Navigraph Navdata Center. 
I was able to resolve the issue and wanted to share what I did, maybe it's helpful for others.

1. Uninstalled my PMDG 737 through the Control Panel in windows

2. Removed the "pmdg-aircraft-737" folder from my Community folder where I installed MSFS. For me it was "F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community".  I didn't remove the livery folder though. 

3. Removed the "pmdg-aircraft-737" folder from the "C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages" directory. For me it was that directory because i bought MSFS via Steam.

4. In the Navigraph Navdata Center the PMDG 737 was now gone.

5. Installed the PMDG 737 again.

6. Started MSFS, and loaded a flight with the PMDG 737. It now took the 10-15 mins to load everything again. Back in the aircraft the AIRAC was 2204, and I was able to put in the ICAO code in the FMC. No errors.

7. Started Navigraph Navdata Center again and tried to update the AIRAC for the 737 only again. I didn't touch the base MSFS AIRAC since i updated that before already.

8. Back in the SIM my 737 had the 2205 AIRAC and this time my FMC was working like a charme.

So hopefully this is helpful for someone who has the same problem. I think it's important to delete the folders after uninstalling the 737.