Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Fenix A320 Flap Binding Issues?

All my aircraft have the Flaps bound to a lever on a Logitech Pro Throttle Quadrant, without any issues, & it gives me variable flap settings.

The Fenix A320 Flaps are not accepting the binding & don't respond to the Logitech flap lever.

Anyone else have flap issues, & anyone got them running off a Logitech Throttle Quadrant?

T45

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Have you try to setup in fms page 3 juste where you have setup throttle levers ?

Do you mean in the MCDU??

Haven't got to that yet, but will check it if that is where you mean.

Thanks

T45

13 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Do you mean in the MCDU??

Haven't got to that yet, but will check it if that is where you mean.

Thanks

T45

You can't use the flaps until you do the MCDU calibration.  So this is the answer you seek

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I thought it was quite handy and easy how they built in a detent system into the mcdu. I don’t think anyone has done this before? Usually it takes a third party program to do this and it’s not nearly as easy. Lots of brilliant work in this addon. It may not be perfect but I think it’s the most well thought out study airliner created to date.

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

You can't use the flaps until you do the MCDU calibration.  So this is the answer you seek

Worked out the flaps in the MCDU, thank you.

Must say the Flight Control Unit is way different to the 737's. I'm looking around for LNAV & VNAV buttons to no avail.

I need to find a good description of how the Flight Control Unit & A320 Autopilot works.

T45

35 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Worked out the flaps in the MCDU, thank you.

Must say the Flight Control Unit is way different to the 737's. I'm looking around for LNAV & VNAV buttons to no avail.

I need to find a good description of how the Flight Control Unit & A320 Autopilot works.

T45

Airbus logic is quite intuitive when you get the hang of it. You push to hand the control to the computer. You pull to override anything that MCDU would like to do. You can think of it like this: Pull towards yourself to take over. Push towards the computer to let it take over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Airbus logic is quite intuitive when you get the hang of it. You push to hand the control to the computer. You pull to override anything that MCDU would like to do. You can think of it like this: Pull towards yourself to take over. Push towards the computer to let it take over.

Thanks for info.

How do you 'pull' the dials? (Mouse?)

Do you have to set that up via the MCDU?

T45

17 hours ago, micstatic said:

Well then... I've been flying like this for a couple of days now.

Can this be done while in the air, or is it strictly a ground operation? I'm at FL330 with some time to kill. 🙂

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Thanks for info.

How do you 'pull' the dials? (Mouse?)

Do you have to set that up via the MCDU?

T45

Put your cursor near the bottom of a knob. When you see a little arrow pointing down, that would be towards you.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

10 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Put your cursor near the bottom of a knob. When you see a little arrow pointing down, that would be towards you.

Thanks.

\I saw something on one of the Demo flights, top left of the Flight Control Panel had a sign saying "STD".

What sign should there be if you just want to bypass the MCDU & set up a flight that has a Heading, VS, & Altitude level off, & Speed set for Auto throttle?

T45

If you assign the flaps axis via FSUIPC, please do not calibrate it there: FSUIPC wants to impose their conditions (sorry, Pete and John), considers Flaps 1 and 1+F as two different positions and gave an extra detent for this. I don't remember having done so for the FBW A320.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

22 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Ok

I have tested this using the VS dial & the Nav dial & the Altitude Dial.

In each case all I get with the Mouse arrow hovered over the dial is a 'hand' symbol. no arrows up or down.

I click when I see the hand but don't notice any movement at the dial.

I can rotate the dial using the mouse wheel, eg, to set Nav direction.

T45

Look in general options -> accessibility and make sure "Cockpit Interaction System" is set to "Legacy"

16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I don’t think anyone has done this before?

Flybywire Sim did that for their NEO, and Aerosoft for their CRJ. Only difference is that their calibrations are to be found in their respective EFB's.