Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Feelthere LGA and Imaginesim ATL

I have these two airports and I notice a few issues and was wondering if there is any way to correct them.

LGA:

AI planes are parked way into the terminal buildings in some cases.

Jetways don't seem to connect to plane

ATL:

lot's of strange elevation changes in the taxiways, particularly taxiway Victory into and out of concourse C causing the plane to bounce around and even stop

Anyone else have this?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

21 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I have these two airports and I notice a few issues and was wondering if there is any way to correct them.

LGA:

AI planes are parked way into the terminal buildings in some cases.

Jetways don't seem to connect to plane

ATL:

lot's of strange elevation changes in the taxiways, particularly taxiway Victory into and out of concourse C causing the plane to bounce around and even stop

Anyone else have this?

I see some of this in ImagineSim Atlanta also. I also notice if you turn off photogrammetry it will put trees all over the airport. Imaginesim doesn't respond to there FB page and they have no support forum. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Out of curiosity, isn't ATL a handcrafted airport in default? If so, see if you can uninstall the default scenery from the content manager. I know that even up until now, some addon airports have elevation issues when combined with handcrafted default airports in MSFS.

10 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

Out of curiosity, isn't ATL a handcrafted airport in default? If so, see if you can uninstall the default scenery from the content manager. I know that even up until now, some addon airports have elevation issues when combined with handcrafted default airports in MSFS.

Yes, it is.  I believe I did this but maybe need to go back in and see if somehow the default got checked back in after an update or something,

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I always disable the Asobo Atlanta on my setup. If not I have duplication of scenery, asobo / imaginesim.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

have you guys just considered abandoning Imaginesim ATL altogether and using the asobo?  I think it's better anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

have you guys just considered abandoning Imaginesim ATL altogether and using the asobo?  I think it's better anyway.  

I may have to look back into that. I know it was not that impressive and outdated compared to Imaginesim when it first released. Maybe they made updates. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

24 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Funny you mention this as I recently did just that.  I think the default is plenty sufficient and I was having too many issues with Imaginesim version. To the OP....as mentioned above, make sure KATL default is disabled.  I think this was the only addon airport where I needed to do this.  It may have been re-enabled when you updated to SU9.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

The only thing I wish the handcrafted atlanta would do would be to go back and make all the gates the new grey/black color.  They left two of the concourses the old red/orange.  The runway/taxiways need work also.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I would venture a guess that this is the right answer.

Imaginesim went dark for the better part of a decade, and then emerged like the cicadas with a wave of new releases for P3D v4 and v5, and then they went dark again. The new releases were, largely, very good, and reminded me why I've spent money on their products, but once again, like the cicadas, they disappeared again.

I wouldn't trust them to develop for a new sim because I just assume they'll disappear again, and any issues just won't be fixed. Too much like the Blackbox Simulations or Feelthere approach to development - here's the product sorry no support is provided, please don't email us because we won't respond.

Thanks for the suggestion. Now using the Asobo Atlanta and it is very nice. 

• Like 1

Dan

47 minutes ago, mspencer said:

I would venture a guess that this is the right answer.

Imaginesim went dark for the better part of a decade, and then emerged like the cicadas with a wave of new releases for P3D v4 and v5, and then they went dark again. The new releases were, largely, very good, and reminded me why I've spent money on their products, but once again, like the cicadas, they disappeared again.

I wouldn't trust them to develop for a new sim because I just assume they'll disappear again, and any issues just won't be fixed. Too much like the Blackbox Simulations or Feelthere approach to development - here's the product sorry no support is provided, please don't email us because we won't respond.

Totally agree with this.  It was always weird to me that they had no forum and basically no PR whatsoever other than commenting on stuff via their facebook page.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I too purchased and deleted ImagineSim Atlanta. Terrain issues and missing building in South Cargo. 

To be fair, my email was returned, but no resolution was offered. The Asobo default is certainly good enough until one of the major designers tackle it.

Lesson learned.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper