Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Fenix Import init issue

Hi Guys

I can get init to work thru aoc menu but after thats done your suppose to go to init page and hit insert flt plan one more time - seen youtube video on this but mine does nothing on second init insert - any ideas ? 

Rich Sennett

I hope that I am responding correctly, so the 1st Init through the AOC menu is to set the ACARS system, the 2nd is through the MCDU Init page where the request for the FP can be made.  HTH.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

5 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I hope that I am responding correctly, so the 1st Init through the AOC menu is to set the ACARS system, the 2nd is through the MCDU Init page where the request for the FP can be made.  HTH.

M.

Yes you are correct 

3 minutes ago, peter_737 said:

Have you set up your flight plan with simbrief?

Thanks Guys - yes I am using simbrief - I have navi subscription - I have to back door it somehow thru aoc to get it to work - yt video doesnt have to go thru all of the hoops 🙂

Few clicks I have to make many 😞 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Here’s what works for me after importing my SimBrief in EFB

1.  ATSU, AOC MENU, FLT INIT, INIT DATA REQ

2.ATSU, AOC MENU, WX, WEATHER REQ, AS DESIRED

3. AOC, AOC MENU, RCVD MSGS, , LOADSHEET, ACCEPT

4. SEC FLT-PLN, INIT, INIT REQUEST, (AOC SEC F-PLN UPLINK)

5. SEC FLT-PLN, AOC F-PLN INSERT (UPLINK INSERT IN PROGRESS)

6. SEC FLT-PLN, *ACTIVATE SEC (your SEC FLT-PLN IS NOW ACTIVE)

7. Proceed with normal Flt-Planning Activities 

See how that works for you,

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

From memory you first have to go into AOC menu/ Flight Ini/ Initiate Flight. Not at my computer at moment so can't quote correct menu titles.  Hope this helps

init press in MCDU line select key #2 requires engines to be shutdown for me (after starting APU of course) then it will import FP from EFB.

• Like 4

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I do it the easy way. Start flight setting Panel at Turnaround with PSA, the engines will be off then. 

1 EFB flight page Import Simbrief

2. Mass and balance page   Load aircraft remember ZFW and Mac ZFW numers, you will need them for MCDU

3 Go to MCDU   select FMGC ( green letters)

4 Press Init Button1 Then Init request on right  From /to of route  should then show up. Insert flit number,Cost index, Crz alt   Select wind request    winds will load then hit return 

Press right arrow on Init page, and it takes you to init B   Put the ZFW and Mac ZFW from the Mass and balance page on top right . Then block fuel which you can get on your Mass and balance page under fuel  

Now go to EFB Performance Page    Select runway on top, wet or dry

Set flap config second row and toga if you are going to use it. Press sync load sheet

then sync live weather

Now press Calculate    V speeds will show up and also flap/THS  which will go on the performance page in the MCDU

Go to Performance page on MCDU 

Fill out V1, VR, V2 and Flaps/THS, and flex Temp.   Flap /THS will look like  1/DN0.3.

That's it, you are ready for takeoff. 

Press Flt Plan on the MCDU and your flight plan should show up. 

You can also start cold and dark, but if you start with engines running, you have to load 2nd Flt plan which makes it more confusing. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks Guys plenty off help here to try - I do think part of the problem was engines were running - so I will try these great posts

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks Guys plenty off help here to try - I do think part of the problem was engines were running - so I will try these great posts

Yes you can do it with engine running, but there is more pushing of buttons and switching menu screens on the MCDU, so I just avoid it. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Yes you can do it with engine running, but there is more pushing of buttons and switching menu screens on the MCDU, so I just avoid it. 

Thanks Bob great stuff - really appreciate it Guys - looks like I'm in good hands should work great - just have to stop the day job lol 

Rich Sennett

It seems you cannot insert the flight plan twice on INIT. One way to achieve this is to switch the AIRAC cycle in the AC DATA page.

• Like 1

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I do it the easy way. Start flight setting Panel at Turnaround with PSA, the engines will be off then. 

1 EFB flight page Import Simbrief

2. Mass and balance page   Load aircraft remember ZFW and Mac ZFW numers, you will need them for MCDU

3 Go to MCDU   select FMGC ( green letters)

4 Press Init Button1 Then Init request on right  From /to of route  should then show up. Insert flit number,Cost index, Crz alt   Select wind request    winds will load then hit return 

Press right arrow on Init page, and it takes you to init B   Put the ZFW and Mac ZFW from the Mass and balance page on top right . Then block fuel which you can get on your Mass and balance page under fuel  

Now go to EFB Performance Page    Select runway on top, wet or dry

Set flap config second row and toga if you are going to use it. Press sync load sheet

then sync live weather

Now press Calculate    V speeds will show up and also flap/THS  which will go on the performance page in the MCDU

Go to Performance page on MCDU 

Fill out V1, VR, V2 and Flaps/THS, and flex Temp.   Flap /THS will look like  1/DN0.3.

That's it, you are ready for takeoff. 

Press Flt Plan on the MCDU and your flight plan should show up. 

You can also start cold and dark, but if you start with engines running, you have to load 2nd Flt plan which makes it more confusing. 

This is great Bob few more additions to button it up works great and thanks so much

At the end of your instructions you must set your Arr and Dep runways - clean up discontinuity's - then in efb change panel state to ready and after that shut off any ground services on in your EFB 🙂 as there will be some there depending on your settings

Also: Start flight setting Panel at Turnaround with PSA     is    Start flight setting Panel at Turnaround with PCA

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

2 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks Guys plenty off help here to try - I do think part of the problem was engines were running

If you import when engines are running, it will be put into the Secondary Flightplan (SEC). This is safety logic to prevent you accidentally overwriting a live flightplan, but it allows you to start programming your next sector whilst finishing your current one. It is fairly straight forward to move the SEC FPAN to the current plan, I can't remember off the top of my head but it's not difficult to figure out when you've got the MCDU in front of you.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg