Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Waiting for printed Tutorial and Documentation for Hjet.

3 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I'd rather see the dev do some real HJET improvements rather than wasting time on a labor intensive document that a few people will take the time to read.

sp

We all have our priorities and should respect other opinion, no matter how weird it may be. 😁\

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

46 minutes ago, raymar said:

We all have our priorities and should respect other opinion, no matter how weird it may be. 😁\

Ray

But you do not respect others opinions .. you just keep talking about You and Your priorities and what you want..  and how YOU keep pushing Your priorities... HMMMM...  Wonder why I stopped spending much time on avsim...  maybe it's because it's just better in the Developer discords ..

Les O'Reilly

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

But you do not respect others opinions .. you just keep talking about You and Your priorities and what you want..  and how YOU keep pushing Your priorities... HMMMM...  Wonder why I stopped spending much time on avsim...  maybe it's because it's just better in the Developer discords ..

Maybe.  Discords most definitely have their place for direct contact and fast turnarounds for sure.  I'm glad to see the instant acceptance of the MG Hjet in the community and thanks for all your continuous contributions.

Regards,

Ray

I have Max Trescott's G3000-5000 guide. He has been the guru of the Garmin's avionics from the G1000 panel to the G3000. I have 5 hours in the Honda Jet with a Part 141 company, and I have not bought the jet for MSFS just waiting for the 1st updates.

JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

18 minutes ago, Jeffg817 said:

I have Max Trescott's G3000-5000 guide. He has been the guru of the Garmin's avionics from the G1000 panel to the G3000. I have 5 hours in the Honda Jet with a Part 141 company, and I have not bought the jet for MSFS just waiting for the 1st updates.

JeffG

Really would love to read about your thoughts on the bird after the 1st update.

I'll state this again, same song different verse, you don't need a manual to fly the Hjet and you definitely don't need to wait for an update,

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'll state this again, same song different verse, you don't need a manual to fly the Hjet and you definitely don't need to wait for an update,

If it only were that easy...

However, there are still some very basic things that are completely unclear to me.

One example is the function of the HJet cockpit setup menu for configuring the load of the airplane, and how it relates to the sim-menu for setting up fuel load and weights. When I adjust the fuel load in the cockpit load menu, the fuel load in the sim menu gets updated accordingly. However, when I add passengers in the cockpit load menu by clicking on the seats, the sim menu doesn't add or remove the load of the passengers.

So the question here would be: Which of these menus actually adjusts the real weight of the plane for flying in the sim? Do I ignore the sim-menu for weights and only use the cockpit menu? Do I have to make both menus match up?

These are the kind of details that would need to be documented and are currently lacking.

It's a $70 game, I don't need a tutorial to play it. I watch a couple of youtube videos, take a few notes, and I'm up and running.

Printed Walkthroughs for games are pretty much a thing of the past. When I play a new game, I just keep youtube open in case I get stuck.

Edited by Ricardo41

Dev's rush to market with the wares, but good documentation is often sadly lacking.

Examples: H-Jet, Sting S4, Fenix A320, Just to name a few. One recent video I watched, "This is the first time I've flown this aircraft, but we'll learn as we go".

Edited by Beagle12
Update text
  • Upvote 1

There are at least 3 different walkthroughs floating around on the net for, for example, the A320, so hardly "sadly lacking".

22 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

There are at least 3 different walkthroughs floating around on the net for, for example, the A320, so hardly "sadly lacking".

Links?

5 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

If it only were that easy...

However, there are still some very basic things that are completely unclear to me.

One example is the function of the HJet cockpit setup menu for configuring the load of the airplane, and how it relates to the sim-menu for setting up fuel load and weights. When I adjust the fuel load in the cockpit load menu, the fuel load in the sim menu gets updated accordingly. However, when I add passengers in the cockpit load menu by clicking on the seats, the sim menu doesn't add or remove the load of the passengers.

So the question here would be: Which of these menus actually adjusts the real weight of the plane for flying in the sim? Do I ignore the sim-menu for weights and only use the cockpit menu? Do I have to make both menus match up?

These are the kind of details that would need to be documented and are currently lacking.

I initialize everything right from the cockpit, then everything from the sim without touching the MSFS weight info.

For those who feel that no tutorial was provided, here you go:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1313301729

It's three hours with Marwan explaining the airplane and  how it is flown in MSFS.

A must watch.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is it Sunday Nite Football pregame show that has the feature "Come On Man"?

OK!

Come on Man!  I have posted this several times already here on Avsim.  This Hjet is a closely modeled aircraft in regard to operation, and the actual HondaJet is a basically simple aircraft in operation.  So what better than the actual Hondajet Pilot Operating Handbook (POH)?  

https://archive.org/details/xxi-3-honda-h-51-hdjt-o-pom-r-2-3-mar-2017

And a good basic G3000 operations manual helps as well.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

32 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Is it Sunday Nite Football pregame show that has the feature "Come On Man"?

OK!

Come on Man!  I have posted this several times already here on Avsim.  This Hjet is a closely modeled aircraft in regard to operation, and the actual HondaJet is a basically simple aircraft in operation.  So what better than the actual Hondajet Pilot Operating Handbook (POH)?  

https://archive.org/details/xxi-3-honda-h-51-hdjt-o-pom-r-2-3-mar-2017

And a good basic G3000 operations manual helps as well.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Bottom line is we are all a little different, we express ourselves a little different, we fly a little different, and have varying wishes and desires.  I personally wish to know what is coded and what is not coded for the sim version and the rw AFM and POH are just basically nice references, but, are not a total replacement for dev documentation for a sim addon.

To make my position crystal clear - May those that don't want any, have fond memories of not getting any.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1