Sign in to follow this  
JYW

The WT G1000NXi is so underused by 3rd party devs

I was just thinking how odd it is, that we have addon plane after addon plane released, that use the extremely toy-like Asobo Garmin G3X, when there is such a beautiful G1000NXi available within the sim.   Just think how many different certified aircraft there are out there that now use the NXi.

Where is the addon SR22 that offers more than the default?   Where is the C206 G1000?   Where are the Pipers (PA46 etc) with the G1000NXi.

What an opportunity for developers to be able to concentrate on the model, FDE and sounds, and not have to reinvent the wheel for a beautiful G1000.

And yet all we see is ever more LSA and uncertified aircraft with that darn G3X!

[/rant]  😄

Edited by JYW
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a plane uses the stock G1000, then enabling the WT NXi from the marketplace automatically changes that plane to use it instead of just the G1000.

• Like 3

James

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a plane uses the stock G1000, then enabling the WT NXi from the marketplace automatically changes that plane to use it instead of just the G1000.

Yes, that is how it works. And I understand at some point in the not too distant future they are going to switch out the current default G1000 with the NXi -- so the WT Nxi will become the default and no need to download it any longer.

Edited by Cognita

Dan Scott

Yeah enabling the NXi replaces the G1000 in all G1000 aircraft.  The Nxi is currently incompatible with the gtn750 though.

As for the PA46 Malibu/Meridian mentioned in the original post.  I am not aware of anyone releasing one for MSFS though apparently FSReborn (who make the Sting S4) have a M500, basically just a PA46 under another name, in the works.

9 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Yes, that's right.   So all devs need to do in their panel.cfgs is reference the stock asobo G1000 and if the user has the WT G1000NXi installed, the NXi will appear.

I guess what i should have said in my OP was that I wish more devs would build aircraft that use the G1000 per se (as opposed to the G3X), so that we could enjoy the NXi in them.

Bill

10 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

All true but I can't wait until WT works there majik on the G3000.

sp

Absolutely!

Bill

I hope a Phenom 300 or a new TBM 9xx with G1000Nxi, as in XP with Aerobask and HotStart.

Edited by brivadois
  • Like 1

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

16 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

All true but I can't wait until WT works there majik on the G3000.

Along with the G5000, so the Longitude will finally be a good and viable biz jet option. They said it's in the works, though!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yeah enabling the NXi replaces the G1000 in all G1000 aircraft.  The Nxi is currently incompatible with the gtn750 though.

As for the PA46 Malibu/Meridian mentioned in the original post.  I am not aware of anyone releasing one for MSFS though apparently FSReborn (who make the Sting S4) have a M500, basically just a PA46 under another name, in the works.

I have no idea why it's not on the PMS site,  but in their Discord forum PMS posts a sync-fix file for every new version of the NXi.

https://discord.com/channels/821149186229534731/847038799766880256/974208295021707274

pms5005/12/2022

There is a new synchro fix patch for the G1000Nxi v0.12.2 The patch is available at: https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/zWTnxi-0.12.2-sync-fix.zip If you have installed a previous patch for the Nxi 0.11.0, 0.12.0 or 0.12.1, you should remove it.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2