Sign in to follow this  
Car147

Aerosoft CRJ zig zagging

Well since there was an update for the CRJ the other day, i hoped it would solve some of the nav issues it displays during flight. Sadly it still cannot follow a route without constantly zig zagging along the route. Why can't they sort this? Every other plane i own works great!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

48 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Well since there was an update for the CRJ the other day

No answer for why the CRJ zig-zags across the sky but what update are you referring? I have v1.0.15.0 and don't see anything newer.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Not seeing it here with the new update. LNAV is tracking just fine

-B

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Sadly it still cannot follow a route without constantly zig zagging along the route. Why can't they sort this

Been that way for almost a Decade. I doubt it will ever be fixed.

Here are the release notes for the update:

Version 1.0.17.0 (24-06-2022):

• Fixed multiple issues with flight plan sequencing
  • Fixed multiple issues with DIR INTC and DIR TO functions
  • Fixed fuel and time predictions
  • Fixed an issue that would cause VNAV informations to disappear from MFD
  • Fixed Minimums callout when MDA is used
  • Fixed rain being visible on side panel on CRJ-1000 Iberia EC-MJP
  • Fixed radio management panel
  • Added terrain radar
  • Added APU exhaust effect
  • Added support for MSFS steering axis
  • Added CRJ-550 max passenger check on PERF INIT page
  • Changed CRJ-1000 passenger entry on PERF INIT page from "--/---" to "---/--

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Been that way for almost a Decade. I doubt it will ever be fixed.

No zig zag for me. LNAV is quite stable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btacon said:

No zig zag for me. LNAV is quite stable.  

Same here it's been great.  Some very experienced pilots here reported lots of troubles w/ LNAV but if you understand how it functions it works perfectly.  This update did screw up ATC (weird but true) but they are well aware so another update should come very soon hopefully--kills outbound from the pilot and abruptly shuts off calls from ATC when set up for AI Radio Communications (ATC).

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't think it's a case of it works fine for some but not others., unless i am making a mistake somewhere but i don't think so. eg, aircraft takes off as per normal engage AP, Speed mode, Lnav. speed selected at 250kts EU, or 240kts US. (Throttle set Climb) Speed in creased thereafter to 290kts to alt. Once there's a turn in the flight plan it will start over correcting, and despite the path being then straight it starts this wandering back and fro. next turn it's worse...

Now i find it very dificult to see why this aircraft always has this issue. But i don't seem to have any issue with the Fenix, or PMDG's 737 or the Maddog, or the kodiak, get my drift... there's is something fundamentaly wrong, that numerous folk have endured for near a year now.

Ah well, back in the hanger you go, pens note to self.... Don't buy anymore Aerosoft aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

Same here it's been great.  Some very experienced pilots here reported lots of troubles w/ LNAV but if you understand how it functions it works perfectly.  This update did screw up ATC (weird but true) but they are well aware so another update should come very soon hopefully--kills outbound from the pilot and abruptly shuts off calls from ATC when set up for AI Radio Communications (ATC).

It's not the LNAV (well that one's faulty, too, actually), but the default MSFS autopilot. Aerosoft took the cheap way and used a default autopilot that is not designed at all for airline procedures.
This has nothing to do with understanding "how it functions"... what do you even mean? You click the nav button and it should be able to precisely fly the route it is apparently able to draw but not to follow. I mean we are not talking about RF legs, but about simple 20 degree turns on cruise level.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

"how it functions"... what do you even mean?

Every single flight in the CRJ, which is 6-10x/week, I hit NAV during initial climbout and it tracks the course perfectly every time.   Perhaps of note, I manually enter waypoints off of the Navlog in MSFS pre-flight into the FMC.  This perfect tracking of input routes includes acute angles and all others let alone 20 degree turns.  I'm respectful of how fast I am traveling when coming into an extremely acute turn.  For the first several flights I had some overshooting and loss of tracking but by making sure the input route is valid I never have any issues w/ tracking and that includes the addition of a SID/STAR provided I clean up the route accordingly.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I used to have tons of problems in P3D with the LNAV but I rarely have problems in MSFS. When I did have a problem in MSFS it was related to using the DIR TO page. Apparently there is an update out that is supposed to address this problem. But I’ve done a number of flights with rarely an issue. I have had some occasional tracking issues on approach (not catching the localizer using the automatic approach without manually dialing in the ils frequency and course) but I’m not sure how much is related to default msfs behavior.

Edited by JasonPC

4 hours ago, Noel said:

Some very experienced pilots here reported lots of troubles w/ LNAV but if you understand how it functions it works perfectly.

If "very experienced pilots" didn't know how LNAV functions I doubt they'd be "very experienced pilots."

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

13 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

If "very experienced pilots" didn't know how LNAV functions I doubt they'd be "very experienced pilots."

According to Fiorentini LNAV was not implemented as it should have been so perhaps "very experienced pilots" are somehow fooled by this.  Bottom line:  tracks routes perfectly every time.

Edited by Noel

Noel

44 minutes ago, Noel said:

According to Fiorentini LNAV was not implemented as it should have been so perhaps "very experienced pilots" are somehow fooled by this.  Bottom line:  tracks routes perfectly every time.

Happy for you. mine does not, everytime i use it, yet all other aircraft ( some 30 odd in my possession) track lnav fine.

6 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Happy for you. mine does not, everytime i use it, yet all other aircraft ( some 30 odd in my possession) track lnav fine.

That's nice you're happy for me, but wouldn't it be more useful to be curious as to why I'm not having any issues (and many others I read), and you are?

• Like 1

Noel