Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Fenix - Engine startup question

Stupid question: have you got fuel onboard?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Stupid question: have you got fuel onboard?

Yep 🙂

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

12 hours ago, Drumcode said:

When I turn the knob to the Ign/Start, I am not seeing any pressure and failing to start number 2

When you press APU ECAM PAGE :

jq0rf2.md.jpg

How much APU bleed pressure shows:

jq1d5F.md.jpg

Hi Jacek,
Have you fixed this problem?
For whatever reason I am facing the same issue for a couple of days and I'm tearing my hair out.
Reinstalling the Fenix didn't help.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

(2 hours later and after losing half of my hair.)
Oh my....
Stupid Honeycomb Alpha
ignition switch!!
🤣

• Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

One other thing to try is to restart the external fenix program (you should have a shortcut on your desktop), its fine to do that with the sim running. It may just need to re-connect to the sim.

Another possibility I found was if you are using the Honeycomb Alpha, just check you don't have the magneto set on start as that caused me a conflict and the engines behaved as if they weren't receiving any bleed air.

• Like 1

Anthony Milner

@David RochDidn't see your response but that was my issue a few days ago, externally the engines were windmilling and I thought oh it must be really windy today!

Edited by antic81
  • Like 1

Anthony Milner

On 7/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, David Roch said:

(2 hours later and after losing half of my hair.)
Oh my....
Stupid Honeycomb Alpha
ignition switch!!
🤣

Which switch was that? Like the GA key switch? What does it need to be set to? I have the ticket open and they seem to think it's an issue with a panel state, lol. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 7/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, antic81 said:

Another possibility I found was if you are using the Honeycomb Alpha, just check you don't have the magneto set on start as that caused me a conflict and the engines behaved as if they weren't receiving any bleed air.

That was it! Dang it! Wow... lol

• Like 1

Jacek G.

9 hours ago, Drumcode said:

That was it! Dang it! Wow... lol

Another little gotcha I had the other day, I had two of the switches on my Bravo set to toggle afterburners, had left them engaged. My throttles were closed and on pushback and start my number one engine throttled up to flex power, even though in the cockpit visually the throttles were both at idle! Took me a minute to figure it out! All very embarrassing really!

Anthony Milner

6 minutes ago, antic81 said:

Another little gotcha I had the other day, I had two of the switches on my Bravo set to toggle afterburners, had left them engaged. My throttles were closed and on pushback and start my number one engine throttled up to flex power, even though in the cockpit visually the throttles were both at idle! Took me a minute to figure it out! All very embarrassing really!

I read so many problems on different forums  where the Bravo is mentioned  as part of the problem. Why is that?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read so many problems on different forums  where the Bravo is mentioned  as part of the problem. Why is that?  

Well this is mainly me being a moron really. I think with hardware it can conflict at times, I think Fenix have mentioned that they are working on some fixes to things, although I guess this is probably a user error on my end! 

Anthony Milner

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah... I am soooooo happy I am using a simple joystick with basic rudder pedals. Works like a charm all the time.

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Yeah... I am soooooo happy I am using a simple joystick with basic rudder pedals. Works like a charm all the time.

That's me, Thrustmaster T 16000M, Logitek Pedals, and Logitek Quad Throttle. Not one issue. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

Alpha and Bravo are currently the best in class for the money on the market, hands down. You shouldn’t think twice about it. 😉

Jacek G.