Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Fenix - Engine startup question

As I've been away at work for over a month and didn't touch the sim and been consumed with the 737, I am finally putting my hands on the 320. Could someone tell me what I could be doing wrong? 
When I turn the knob to the Ign/Start, I am not seeing any pressure and failing to start number 2 (or 1 for that matter) Pulling my hair out second night in a row. 😕

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Is the APU running? Is APU Bleed 'ON'?

Edited by Silicus
  • Like 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

APU with bleed on.....

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Yes and yes. No idea what I’m missing. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Fuel Pumps on?

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

APU Bleed ON & PACKS to  OFF.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

36 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Packs can definitely be on. AT least it won't prevent an engine start. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What happens when you turn the knob to ignition/ start AND turn one of the engine master switches to on?

Edited by SetSpeed

5 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

Packs can definitely be on. AT least it won't prevent an engine start. 

Yep, I know, but in the Fenix strangeley I experienced it a few times that having them on did impact the engine start, at least when starting Eng #2 first.

I know it is not like IRL, but that's what I experienced ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Try the link in my Sig below.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You need set engine mode to IGN/START and you must then turn on engine 1 or 2 master switch to on. Also make sure your APU is running with APU BLEED set to on. You don't have to manually turn the packs off since Airbus does that automatically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

...in the Fenix strangeley I experienced it a few times that having them on did impact the engine start, at least when starting Eng #2 first. I know it is not like IRL, but that's what I experienced ...

Were you sat in IGN/START for a prolonged period by chance? When you select IGN/START the packs are turned off automatically (thus no need to press the buttons on the overhead), but only for a few minutes.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

Were you sat in IGN/START for a prolonged period by chance? When you select IGN/START the packs are turned off automatically (thus no need to press the buttons on the overhead), but only for a few minutes.

Yep, thought it might have been the case too, but will have to reproduce again. 

Main Simulation Rig:

6 hours ago, SetSpeed said:

What happens when you turn the knob to ignition/ start AND turn one of the engine master switches to on?

Nothing happens. It's definitely not getting any air. I'm stumped, I started FBW hundreds of times from cold and dark in the past. What I find interesting is that when I start with the panel state set to Turnaround with APU, they're not starting as well. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

If you are out of options, try re-installing the Fenix. Perhaps a file got corrupted during the initial install.