Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Strange happenings

Yesterday i decided to uninstall MSFS 2020 because my C:\ drive was about full and re-install it on my 1Tb SSD drive.

Everything went well and then after downloading it started up the sim,  When it came to the Manager screen it had a menu which I had never seen before asking me a lot of questions about how i wanted it installed. Even suggested the settings based on my computer.

After this it completed the install complete with my Community Folder with all my addons included.  I clicked on the Bonanza and my home airport KCLT in the World menu and clicked FLY.   I presented me with an aerial view of KCLT and the surrounding area, then switched to an aerial view of the runway, then to a close up of the Bonanza at the runway.  It was beautiful.  I took off in the Bonanza and when I went to set the altitude the pointers were a hand instead of the arrows that use to be.  Also all my Control settings had changed so I had to reset them.  Then I quit this flight and went to several more airports large and small.  They all had this same presentation before the takeoff.  I then closed the program and shut down the computer.

Today I started it up again and everything is back like it was before I uninstalled.  I don't know how I got this great version of the sim, but I wish I could get it back.  BTW the plane flew flawlessly with no stutters or other problems.

The only thing unusual was I set up a test flight from Plymouth, MA (KPYM) to Boston (KBOS) which is only a short distance.  It took me right past KBOS to about 50 miles north of there, turned and came back over the airport, the turned West for 10 or 20 miles before looping back to the airport.  I set it up again just now and it took a normal route.  Weird things going on.

Anyone else experience this or know why.  If this is going to be the next upgrade, I'm all for it.

Roy

Edited by Roy Warren
  • Like 2

Twilight Zone ! You were there !!!  🙂

Bummer !!!! Some guys are really lucky.... I keep uninstalling and reinstalling flightsims and nothing new that way ever happens 😕  Very unfair !!! 😠

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Twilight Zone ! You were there !!!  🙂

Bummer !!!! Some guys are really lucky.... I keep uninstalling and reinstalling flightsims and nothing new that way ever happens 😕  Very unfair !!! 😠

Hopefully what I saw will be in the next update in August. 

Roy

Too much LDS.  :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Too much LDS.  :unsure:

🤣

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wish you had tried DX12, it would have been interesting (if, in fact, it had been a one-off preview of 40th Anniversary sneak peak).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Sounds like when you reinstalled MSFS the "Skip Pre-flight Cinematics" got reset (along with some other settings you've noticed) and now you're seeing something you forgot even existed in the sim.

As Yogi Berra wold say if he was here, "It's deja vu all over again."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

🤣

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I have the pre flight cinematics also, they have always been there, I quite like them, and it gives the sim time to load in your surroundings before you click to go to the cockpit. I beleive there is an option to turn them off.

Sounds like some of your option settings have not carried over on your new install.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simple B said:

I have the pre flight cinematics also, they have always been there, I quite like them, and it gives the sim time to load in your surroundings before you click to go to the cockpit. I beleive there is an option to turn them off.

Sounds like some of your option settings have not carried over on your new install.

This was not pre flight cinematics.  Any airport I loaded in the world menu gave this presentation before loading.  If we're talking about the same thing, please tell me how to turn it on, because I loved it.

Roy

Edited by Roy Warren

I'm betting that actually was a "test", very short on one server, just to test for possible dissemination problems of the beta going out tomorrow. You just lucked out and caught the "test". Naturally it being short, next time you cranked it up, it was gone.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 7/6/2022 at 12:16 PM, Roy Warren said:

Yesterday i decided to uninstall MSFS 2020 because my C:\ drive was about full and re-install it on my 1Tb SSD drive.

Everything went well and then after downloading it started up the sim,  When it came to the Manager screen it had a menu which I had never seen before asking me a lot of questions about how i wanted it installed. Even suggested the settings based on my computer.

After this it completed the install complete with my Community Folder with all my addons included.  I clicked on the Bonanza and my home airport KCLT in the World menu and clicked FLY.   I presented me with an aerial view of KCLT and the surrounding area, then switched to an aerial view of the runway, then to a close up of the Bonanza at the runway.  It was beautiful.  I took off in the Bonanza and when I went to set the altitude the pointers were a hand instead of the arrows that use to be.  Also all my Control settings had changed so I had to reset them.  Then I quit this flight and went to several more airports large and small.  They all had this same presentation before the takeoff.  I then closed the program and shut down the computer.

I have seen that since the day one, with MSFS.. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have seen that since the day one, with MSFS.. 

Then tell me how I can get it on my sim.

Roy

22 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Then tell me how I can get it on my sim.

Roy

General options, make sure you don't have skip Pre Flight cinematics checked. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

General options, make sure you don't have skip Pre Flight cinematics checked. 

Thank you Bob.  You have made my day.  I didn't know that setting even existed.  I was beginning to think I dreamed it. 

Roy

• Like 1