Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

FS2Crew - why should I buy it?

No need for expensive sim hardware or fiddling with knobs as it can all be done with voice control

ZORAN

1 hour ago, zmak said:

No need for expensive sim hardware or fiddling with knobs as it can all be done with voice control

FS2Crew? Not very effectively in my experience. Also, the point of FS2Crew is surely realism, and if the autopilot is on, you should be manipulating the MCP, not the PNF.

I still control the MCP with hardware, even when I’ve got FS2Crew or another crew program to assist me.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 7/8/2022 at 3:49 PM, blaunarwal said:

Hi guys

Recently in a thread here, some people pointed out that FS2Crew products make it easier to fly a complex plane like PMDG 737 or 747. I have lots of airliners and wonder, if I'd like the FS2Crew complete package or not. What makes me unsure is the lack of ratings at Simmarket. A few specific products like the MAJESTIC DASH 8 Q400 SPECIAL BUNDLE PACK FSX P3D have one five star review, but the writer is just praises the Majestic Q400 aircraft. If this products are that immersive and fantastic, shoudn't there be more ratings?

The other point is, I still like easier planes like Captainsim 737 Classic or Justflights F-27 to fly rather than the PMDG 737 NGXu, where I have to plan the flight much more serious and program the FMC. Will FS2Crew give me even more things to do or will it make things easier, having a crew doing things for me?

How is it affecting performance of the sim?

Thanks for your responses.

Dan

To answer your original question. FS2Crew is probably not for you if you like simpler aircraft. It’s designed for OCD aviation nerds who like to do everything exactly by the book. For example, running a checklist - a massive part of FS2Crew - doesn’t usually make the aircraft easier to fly. There’s possibly one of two items that are useful reminders, but there’s also a lot of stuff on there that has no practical significance in a sim setting.

FS2Crew is there for people who love real procedures, and because flying as an ATP without an FO or checklist is obviously very different from the real world.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

FS2Crew? Not very effectively in my experience. Also, the point of FS2Crew is surely realism, and if the autopilot is on, you should be manipulating the MCP, not the PNF.

I still control the MCP with hardware, even when I’ve got FS2Crew or another crew program to assist me.

I will buy into realism when you stop flying in underwear , beer in hand 😂

• Like 1

ZORAN

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

To answer your original question. FS2Crew is probably not for you if you like simpler aircraft. It’s designed for OCD aviation nerds who like to do everything exactly by the book. For example, running a checklist - a massive part of FS2Crew - doesn’t usually make the aircraft easier to fly. There’s possibly one of two items that are useful reminders, but there’s also a lot of stuff on there that has no practical significance in a sim setting.

FS2Crew is there for people who love real procedures, and because flying as an ATP without an FO or checklist is obviously very different from the real world.

Glad to hear also this aspect, what I also intended to get heared. 

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 7/11/2022 at 11:54 AM, OzWhitey said:

Passive aggressive FO’s and disinterested stews, maybe it’s time for me to change virtual airlines

Sounds quite true to life, maybe it’s time for me to change jobs, or more realistically just retire.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I enjoy Fs2Crew a lot. In my opinion, its purpose is to simulate a 2 person crew, and as such divide the tasks into Pilot Flying(PF)/Pilot Monitoring(PM or Pilot Not Flying). This will obviously reduce workload and give you more time to focus on your flying duties rather than making sure every knob and button is being set to the right position while also flying. So while it might not make complex airplanes less complex, it will help you focus more on the flying aspect. 

I enjoy it and it feels more complete flying with Fs2crew rather than without it. 

• Like 3

I agree, FS2Crew helps with the immersion and for the aircraft I fly regularly under IFR, I have the add-on installed.

The biggest "criticism" if you can call it that, is that I wish there would be some better consistency of the UI of the FS2Crew main panel across different aircraft.

Each panel tends to have its own specific design and you also need to tweak the window size settings in the panel.cfg for the FS2Crew views if you happen to be running on an ultra wide screen otherwise the panel stretches and doesn't look good.

The voice control is pretty good providing you run the Windows training routine. On occasions, having to repeat a command a 2nd time may be need but overall it is quite responsive.

Having said that, Bryan (the developer) does provide top notch support and is pretty responsive in the forum which counts for a lot.

Also, I think someone mentioned it before, but the complete FSX/P3D All Access pack/bundle is available at a tremendous saving right now directly on the FS2Crew site for €30 if you already have a number of the supported aircraft installed in your sim, It's a steal.

Simmarket surprisingly does not have the sale offer and it's currently priced at €119.🙃

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I  don't have FS2Crew but there is one flight phase where i would find it useful and that is after touch down.  As it is now I have to vacate the active runway then set the parking brakes while I retract the flaps, stow the spoilers, turn off the landing lights and turn on the APU and probably a few other things.  To have a virtual PNF to do all these things while I taxi to the gate would be helpful.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

17 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Simmarket surprisingly does not have the sale offer and it's currently priced at €119.

They go up and down always. It seems, that FS2Crew sell it to the prize they get from Simmarket, if its 50 Euro there. 30 Euro is certainly a fantastic prize. Makes me think over it again, since there's nothing to loose now. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

I  don't have FS2Crew but there is one flight phase where i would find it useful and that is after touch down.  As it is now I have to vacate the active runway then set the parking brakes while I retract the flaps, stow the spoilers, turn off the landing lights and turn on the APU and probably a few other things.  To have a virtual PNF to do all these things while I taxi to the gate would be helpful.

Bruce

Yes, that can be done by the PNF. You can give a verbal command for example such as "Okay to cleanup" and the NFP will perform some of those actions while vacating the runway.

22 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

They go up and down always. It seems, that FS2Crew sell it to the prize they get from Simmarket, if its 50 Euro there. 30 Euro is certainly a fantastic prize. Makes me think over it again, since there's nothing to loose now. 

Yes , always some sort of Sale going on usually every week. Just have to keep an eye on them. 

€30 right now is a real bargain. I was interested and my initial plan was to purchase the FS2Crew add-on for the iFly 737 NG this week and normally I would have bought the specific version for that aircraft, but since I am also considering the FSLabs A320x, it made sense to purchase the All Access bundle this time round.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruce

I generally turn off the landing lights and switch on the APU during rollout to the taxiway exit, and then retract the flaps when I get to the next straight section of taxiway.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png