Sign in to follow this  
Guest jboweruk

Best-2 months-EVER!

Hey all, I know this is off-topic, and I HOPE the mods don't move to the hanger as more people visit here then there (it seems). I have some GREAT news! I know off-topic posts are often moved to the hanger, but I hope this one is worthy of "hanging around" here where most of us spend quite a bit of time. I just wanted to post in here to sort of spread my good news to all of the Avsim folks.This month has been the best EVER for my family and I. A few weeks before Christmas about 2 years ago my Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and was told she had about 1-2 years to live, about Christmas the following year she was informed that she had about 6 months - 1 year to live. This was completely devastating for my father, my wife, and I as most of you can imagine. Well, it is almost 2 years later, Chemotherapy over, Radiation over, and a trip to University of San Francisco Medical Center's Cancer Treatment over and my Mom has just found out that she is Cancer FREE! After being told that she had about a 2%-4% chance of survival, my Mom has made it. This proves positive that a lot of hope, prayer, and positive thinking can go a long way. The best part is that my Mom found out on my Father's birthday!Shortly before this, I finally graduated from College after returning to finish my degree I started a few years earlier. I should have listened to my parents and stayed in, but I had to go "live life". DOH. Oh well, I'm finally done with that business so it's good to mot be up at 3 am finishing term papers I should have started weeks earlier. lolEarlier this week I also learned of a great job opportunity I may have a chance of getting, something anybody can appreciate. Last, but certainly not least, I very recently found out that I am going to become a Father myself! Yep, I'm gonna be a Dad. My wife was worried she wouldn't be able to have children and this came as a total suprise, but a GOOD suprise. Now I just hope I can be as good a parent as my parent's are for me. :)Ok, my little rant is done. I have been so excited the past few weeks I haven't been able to hold it in any longer. Hope my news put a smile on some people's faces, even if it is just one person. There are times that life can suck, but that does not mean it's time to give up. Good things truely do come to those who wait (and remain positive). :) :) :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest MarkM

Congratulations!!!!!! The best wishes to you and your family!:-wave

Guest JoJoDawg

Awesome news!!! Its great to see good news for people instead of all this bad news that happens too often.

Happy for you Shane. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Rockcliffe

That's great news. :-yellow1 Your post cheered me up ... and I don't even know you! Maybe we should have a "good news" forum.

What a great way to start the day- congratulations Shane!Bruce.

Man that's great news happy it turns to the right direction for your family and becoming a Dad too:-)Just enjoy every hour of it...Have fun :-)Andr

André

Guest georg

It's a real pleasure to read such good news here! I'm glad everything went well!

MAN............Do I love reading your post! It made MY day knowing that as "Life goes around...it sometimes comes around to a winning number".I'm so happy for you and your family.

That's good man. My parents are both gone now but at least you can still enjoy yours.JimCYWG

Thanks for the kind comments all. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest jboweruk

Good news mate, glad everything's worked out for you and yours. :)