Sign in to follow this  
tup61

KAP140 from JPLogistics in the Milviz C310?

30 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Decided to get the C 310 out of he hangar and take it for a flight after reading this thread. I can't remember, does it do an RNAV approach and track glideslope, or is vertical descent  set manually?

With TDS it does for sure.  I presume it works for PMS GTN too?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As I already stated, haven't flown the C 310 in months. I did some reading today and because I have the PMS 750 GTN, I found out there is a module the WTT which replaces the Autopilot and functions like the Rnav GS, and proper functioning of vertical modes are now working properly. I am going to install it this morning. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

As I already stated, haven't flown the C 310 in months. I did some reading today and because I have the PMS 750 GTN, I found out there is a module the WTT which replaces the Autopilot and functions like the Rnav GS, and proper functioning of vertical modes are now working properly. I am going to install it this morning. 

Well I installed the WTT mod today, and spent an entire day trying to find out why I cannot load the flightplan into the GTN 750 with that mod installed. I uninstall the mod, and everything works normally. Reinstall the mod, and  can't get the FP to load. WTT suspected that Simbrief FP export was the problem, so I tried installing the FP from Little Nav MaP, and same problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 9/2/2022 at 3:53 PM, Bert Pieke said:

You can edit the C310 panel.cfg file:

[VCockpit03]
size_mm                = 512,105
pixel_size            = 512,105
texture                = $KAP140_Screen
//htmlgauge00=Generic/Autopilots/KAP140/KAP140.html,   0,0,512,105
htmlgauge00=JPLogistics/Autopilots/KAP140/KAP140.html,   0,0,512,105

As long as you have the JPLogistics C152 installed, it should work.

Edit:  Just tested it in the C310 and it appears to work nicely.

I just tried this and it didn’t work for me. The KAP140 and the comm/navs digits go dark and the KAP140 is not responsive. I have the JPLogistics c152 aircraft in the community folder and edited the c310 panel cfg in the community folder but no luck. I appreciate if you can let me know if I am missing something. Thanks.

i9-10900K, Maximus Hero XIII, 32 GB, Win 10, 3080Ti

1 hour ago, Ron279 said:

I just tried this and it didn’t work for me. The KAP140 and the comm/navs digits go dark and the KAP140 is not responsive. I have the JPLogistics c152 aircraft in the community folder and edited the c310 panel cfg in the community folder but no luck. I appreciate if you can let me know if I am missing something. Thanks.

I believe the default and the JPL KAP140 have been updated since then.. suggest not using this workaround.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

I believe the default KAP140 has been updated since then.. suggest not using this workaround.

Ok, thanks. Bummer though, would be much much better with the JPLogistics KAP140 in the C310R.

i9-10900K, Maximus Hero XIII, 32 GB, Win 10, 3080Ti

1 hour ago, Ron279 said:

Ok, thanks. Bummer though, would be much much better with the JPLogistics KAP140 in the C310R.

If you want to try it...

Edit:  Tried it and this does not work.. 😟

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

We need to put pressure on Milvis. Their payware C310 really should have a better AP. It is a crucial part of aircraft systems. A dirty stain on an otherwise great product. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hey Bert,

Since the last update (obtained on Discord or wherever it was moved to, for the JP Logistics C152) I have been using this in the C310R panel folder: htmlgauge00=C152X/KAP140/KAP140.html, 0,0,512,105. It has been working ok for me. I just don't use the BRAVO quadrant to set auto pilot (bad stuff happens). Like, when trying to change the heading or course. Although they change, the altitude also changes. Anything auto pilot related, I use the mouse. Unless I have something messed up in the separate C310R BRAVO settings. I'll need to check it again. The default KAP140, in the C310R panel folder, doesn't work well for me at all.

Edited by Wblackret

9 hours ago, Wblackret said:

Hey Bert,

Since the last update (obtained on Discord or wherever it was moved to, for the JP Logistics C152) I have been using this in the C310R panel folder: htmlgauge00=C152X/KAP140/KAP140.html, 0,0,512,105. It has been working ok for me.

Hmmm, I tried that and it did not work.. lets try again..

Edit: nope that leads to the switches turning on and off in unison..

What did you do?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert,

Sorry for the delay, had multiple appointments today. All I had done was comment out the KAP140 line in the panel config and add the line from my above text. Interestingly enough, I did have some odd things in my Bravo profile, which I had addressed, so the bad things that were happening were my fault. However, since fixing those, now it seems I cannot activate NAV mode from the Bravo or by using the mouse. It was working before. When I press the NAV button now (Bravo or mouse) it briefly flashes but doesn’t connect. If I’m in HDG mode and select NAV, it cancels HDG mode and reverts to ROL. Haven’t had an opportunity yet, but I planned on going back to the default KAP140 and trying that again. Since as you mentioned there may have been an update to the default KAP140. What’s odd to me is, the DC3 auto pilot works fine, using the Bravo or mouse. In the DC3 panel config, the KAP140 line is the same as the default C310R panel config. Can’t figure that one out. When I get time to check the C310R again with the default KAP140, I’ll post how that went.

Edited by Wblackret
  • Like 1

Hi Bert,

Went back to default panel config and with correcting two things in the Bravo profile for the C310R, all seems to be working better. The only thing still giving me an issue is the NAV button. I have all the same button configurations on the Bravo auto pilot panel (as other aircraft using the 530/430 and default KAP140) but still have to mouse click on it to get it to work, the button does nothing. maybe I’m missing something.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:12 PM, Ron279 said:

would be much much better with the JPLogistics KAP140 in the C310R.

Don't know if this is what was discussed earlier in this thread but correct me if I'm wrong, if you install even the Free version of the PMS50 WTT for the 310R it comes with the KAP140

I have the JP Logistics KAP in the C152 and I can't tell the difference between them.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Okay, guess it was stupidity on my part. Would appear the NAV switch on lower part of panel should be switched to NAV 1.