Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 being released next week

Well it does load faster, for sure, If you’ve got AIG it’s still gonna take a while though. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

the amount of addons you have can also slowdown loading.

Nothing in my case, because I use too MSFS Addons Linker depending in which flight needed, and always it is almost empty, and it loads almost like the old times of FSX, a shame.

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well it does load faster, for sure, If you’ve got AIG it’s still gonna take a while though. 

Nowadays in the SSD´s era is not necessary those load times, maybe is marketing, I refer to the start of Sim, the flight loads more or less fast.

Edited by peloto

In preparation for what we all hope will be a turning point in Sim updates I have a question regarding DLSS

Are those that are running this in 4K are you running at full 4K in the sim or are you running a lower resolution say 2K and then allowing DLSS to work it's magic (I think that is how it works). I currently run full 4K resolution in the sim, a custom refresh rate of 50Hz on my 4K TV (Also native 4K) then VSYNC on in NVCP and locked 50fps in Riva tuner.

I am really looking forward to SU10 after reading lots pf positivity

Happy Friday !

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Are those that are running this in 4K are you running at full 4K in the sim or are you running a lower resolution say 2K and then allowing DLSS to work it's magic

Using a 3090 I run at native 4K. 120hz. I find that way smoother than using DLSS, which removes load from the GPU and places it back on the CPU, causing stuttering. 

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Using a 3090 I run at native 4K. 120hz. I find that way smoother than using DLSS, which removes load from the GPU and places it back on the CPU, causing stuttering. 

Thanks Ian,

Is that DX11 or DX12? and are you capping your frames at all or is the magic 60fps now finally achievable lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

1 minute ago, RJC68 said:

In preparation for what we all hope will be a turning point in Sim updates I have a question regarding DLSS

Are those that are running this in 4K are you running at full 4K in the sim or are you running a lower resolution say 2K and then allowing DLSS to work it's magic (I think that is how it works). I currently run full 4K resolution in the sim, a custom refresh rate of 50Hz on my 4K TV (Also native 4K) then VSYNC on in NVCP and locked 50fps in Riva tuner.

I am really looking forward to SU10 after reading lots pf positivity

Happy Friday !

Pick the resolution you want and let DLSS handle the rest. If you pick 4K you will run upscaled 1440p. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Pick the resolution you want and let DLSS handle the rest. If you pick 4K you will run upscaled 1440p. 

Thank you,

So if I am understanding correctly (Sorry for the question, it has been the longest 4 day work week ever lol) you still choose 4K in sim and when using DLSS it runs as you say upscaled 1440P?

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Thanks Ian,

Is that DX11 or DX12? and are you capping your frames at all or is the magic 60fps now finally achievable lol

DX12, and I’m not capping them, doesn’t seem To be a need to with DX12, as it’s so evenly loaded out, that it doesn’t stutter. 

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

DX12, and I’m not capping them, doesn’t seem To be a need to with DX12, as it’s so evenly loaded out, that it doesn’t stutter. 

Cool that's awesome,

Do you run with VSYNC on? I seem to remember you have a C1 which has VRR. I can maintain 60fps at less busy airports in the Fenix or PMDG but it always seemed on the edge. I find that locking to 50fps with the custom refresh rate gives my hardware a bit more breathing room and is super smooth.

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

6 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Thank you,

So if I am understanding correctly (Sorry for the question, it has been the longest 4 day work week ever lol) you still choose 4K in sim and when using DLSS it runs as you say upscaled 1440P?

That’s right. And even though the main reason for DLSS is increased performance using advanced AI upscaling algorithms, the image quality might be better than native TAA.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Cool that's awesome,

Do you run with VSYNC on? I seem to remember you have a C1 which has VRR. I can maintain 60fps at less busy airports in the Fenix or PMDG but it always seemed on the edge. I find that locking to 50fps with the custom refresh rate gives my hardware a bit more breathing room and is super smooth.

I disabled VRR as I also use three touch screen and a secondary monitors. So It wasn’t compatible. 
I set Vsync at 50% option in msfs so that it’s capped at 60fps (rarely reaches that). 
I found with the initial beta DX12, (which they will release the new nvidia driver for), that most of my 3090 Vram was being used (which is good!) and that each cpu core was evenly spaced out. This eliminated all stuttering for me (like vulkan in xplane), therefore there wasn’t a reason to cap frames at any level below 60 anymore. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I disabled VRR as I also use three touch screen and a secondary monitors. So It wasn’t compatible. 
I set Vsync at 100% option in msfs so that it’s capped at 60fps (rarely reaches that). 
I found with the initial beta DX12, (which they will release the new nvidia driver for), that most of my 3090 Vram was being used (which is good!) and that each cpu core was evenly spaced out. This eliminated all stuttering for me (like vulkan in xplane), therefore there wasn’t a reason to cap frames at any level below 60 anymore. 

How far can you push the LOD's now?

It's promising that you are using more of the 3090's capability. I never see my VRAM much above 12GB

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

42 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The big deal with DLSS (deep learning super sampling) is that its algorithm uses the tensor cores of Nvidia GPUs for its computation.  This runs contrary to your observation; do you experience this behavior with your setup?  With my 3080 ti driving a G2 at a base res of greater than 4k, I haven't experience any discernable CPU overhead with DLSS use nor have I experienced any stuttering.  Perhaps another case of YMMV here. 

Sorry for moving a bit OT (SU 10 final release) here. 

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

3 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

How far can you push the LOD's now?

It's promising that you are using more of the 3090's capability. I never see my VRAM much above 12GB

Lot of headroom with the 3090. I’ve got it paired with a 12900 and have seen max dedicated VRAM up to 22GB with a terrain LOD of 6.

• Like 1