Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

SU10 100% crashes my sim with memory read error

Anyone else having this problem?

After max. 10 minutes of running MSFS crashes every-single-time. "The request 0x000031856something points to 0xFFFFFFFFFF. The process read could not be executed. Click OK to end program."

So i guess i have to wait until SU11 now to be able to fly again? Good thing Asobo works so hard in helping me reduce my power bill....

Edited by Soulflight

13 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

Anyone else having this problem?

After max. 10 minutes of running MSFS crashes every-single-time. "The request 0x000031856something points to 0xFFFFFFFFFF. The process read could not be executed. Click OK to end program."

So i guess i have to wait until SU11 now to be able to fly again? Good thing Asobo works so hard in helping me reduce my power bill....

I assume you have cleared your Community folder of add-ons (if you rename your Community folder, MSFS should create a new Community folder when you do that).  MSFS will also allow you to run in Safe Mode, so run it in Safe Mode if you have that option.  Add-ons are the #1 reason for CTDs in MSFS, including MSFS marketplace addons.

If you don't have any add-ons in MSFS, have you run a MemTest on your computer overnight?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

Have you run a MemTest on your computer overnight?

Nope, as there is no reason so far for me to do so. I have 32 gigs of new RAM along with a new CPU and MoBo installed since May. Back then i ran memtest without any issues. no overclocks, no stability issues with anything else but MSFS, which also ran fine until SU10.

sounds to me the issue is on the user end. and not very willing to tryout things.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

"The request 0x000031856something points to 0xFFFFFFFFFF. The process read could not be executed. Click OK to end program."

There’s been CTDs introduced with SU10, most notably “your graphics device has encountered an error”. If you were stable in SU9 it could very well be related to SU10. Perhaps have a look in the official forums bug/CTD section.

I don’t think I’ve seen that error message being mentioned before though. Perhaps also have a look in the Win event viewer.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Soulflight,

Turn Hardware Accelerated GPU to OFF. That cured the "read" error for me. Satisfaction is not guaranteed..🙂

Google will get you the procedure.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Ok thanks for the input so far. Interestingly enough i am entirely missing the hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in my Windows settings. The windows event log diesnt show anything after an MSFS crash.

Of course i have addons installed, without any clues from the event viewer, however, disabling and enabling them one by one to see if the error gets reproduced would probably require me to take a week off to do nothing else but this. 😉 Unless there is any way to invstigate which addon MSFS is having trouble with, that i am not aware of. It also doesnt happen every time, as i found out now, yesterday my sim ran stable. If it doesnt crash in like the first 5 minutes, it seems to not be crashing at all.

Ill be reporting back.

7 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

Ok thanks for the input so far. Interestingly enough i am entirely missing the hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in my Windows settings. The windows event log diesnt show anything after an MSFS crash.

Of course i have addons installed, without any clues from the event viewer, however, disabling and enabling them one by one to see if the error gets reproduced would probably require me to take a week off to do nothing else but this. 😉 Unless there is any way to invstigate which addon MSFS is having trouble with, that i am not aware of. It also doesnt happen every time, as i found out now, yesterday my sim ran stable. If it doesnt crash in like the first 5 minutes, it seems to not be crashing at all.

Ill be reporting back.

Disable all addons first, no need to disable one by one. Just see if it's stable with no addons.

It is usually memory timing issue or corrupt file, as some boards lie about memory clock stability. Though in my case it was the 6900xt not getting a long well with DEV mode combined with VR and my monitor refresh triggering USB issue. I switched to NVIDIA and my issues went away, though if not using DEV mode the AMD was fine.  So it can (rarely) be related to a USB problem in VR (but mostly this is for AMD users).

Otherwise, scan your drive and make sure no corrupt files in Windows, DDU your graphics driver and reinstall as well. Last resort --- reinstall MSFS (but what a pain, the install is huge).

Lower your memory by 200 and try again, don't use XMP but force clock the memory around 1.3 - 1.5 and 3000 or even lower depending what memory you have. A lot of boards are not stable over 3000 even though the XMP will set it to 3200.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Don’t rule out that this is simply a streaming issue and might have nothing to do with your hardware or what is residing in the Community folder.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yes concur with what @RaptyrOne says above, I had a CTD a couple of weeks ago but nothing since -- which I chalked up to a streaming glitch since it's never happened again.

And I do strongly suggest clearing all add-ons from the Community folder as Alpine mentions.   Test stability with a bone-stock sim.   If you have a bone-stock sim and can reproduce a CTD every time, then it's time to report back here (because I'd be curious what can cause it) and also on the MSFS CTD forums.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Test stability with a bone-stock sim.

I agree. Hm, bone-stock, haven't heard that expression before, interesting. 

If getting the CTD with a bone-stock (or vanilla) sim, I would recommend going through some Windows maintenance/troubleshooting steps: 

1. Turn off HAGS

2. Go through some repair options i.e. run these commands in an elevated command prompt. If you don't know how to, just ask (or google it). 

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /analyzecomponentstore

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

chkdsk /f

chkdsk /r

Note: 

*chkdsk /f -- Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer)

*chkdsk /r -- Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. The disk must be locked. /r includes the functionality of /f, with the additional analysis of physical disk errors)

3. Reinstall gaming services (again, elevated command prompt)

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

then:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

4. Clear shader cache and delete scenery indices

5. Go through all of the steps in the CTD checklists from Microsoft:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-All-versions-Crashing-CTDs-issues-Checklist

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280399250

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280653202

6. Check your hardware. Remove any CPU, GPU or RAM overclocks. Disable XMP in the BIOS. 

7. If still CTDs, run 8 passes of MemTest86

I did all of the above when haunted by very incessant "memory could not be read" CTDs recently. It's a miracle that I'm halfway sane after the ordeal...

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I agree. Hm, bone-stock, haven't heard that expression before, interesting. 

It's similar to when Lord Vader orders you have one of your subordinates /thoroughly/ interrogate the prisoner, you know exactly how they are to proceed.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB