Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

Does MSFS Favor AMD

FSX simmers know that it favored Intel systems.  Is it now true, given the attention to XBOX, that we should be buying AMD computers?

Note: I have a 5900x system and it runs MSFS like a champ.

sp

MS care about profits. I doubt they would be silly enough to needlessly chose AMD over the current market leader Intel. They will support whatever and whoever makes them money and keeps their shareholders happy.

Just now, steve310002 said:

MS care about profits. I doubt they would be silly enough to needlessly chose AMD over the current market leader Intel. They will support whatever and whoever makes them money and keeps their shareholders happy.

I get that but are there techy reasons to make the right decision?

sp

I am full red, but to say MSFS favours AMD.... nope, example there is no FSR2.0, 

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

32 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

MS care about profits. 

What business doesn't? MSFS was designed to run on a XBOX which uses AMD hardware.

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 minute ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

most serious PC gamers prefer AMD

Usually gamers prefer Nvidia for faster GPUs, traditionally better driver support, and fancier tech (like ray tracing and DLSS). That might change though with the whole 4000 series pricing fiasco.

14 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

MSFS was designed to run on a XBOX which uses AMD hardware.

Not sure that is accurate..  MSFS was designed to run on a Windows PC (Intel or AMD), and then adapted to run on an XBox.

I would suggest that MS is agnostic as far as Intel or AMD goes... who ever designs the fastest systems is likely to attract the most simmers..   One cycle that is Intel, another cycle, AMD..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure that is accurate..  MSFS was designed to run on a Windows PC (Intel or AMD), and then adapted to run on an XBox.

I would suggest that MS is agnostic as far as Intel or AMD goes... who ever designs the fastest systems is likely to attract the most simmers..   One cycle that is Intel, another cycle, AMD..

It could be due to the lower cost of entry or the game itself.  My son is too smart for himself some times but glad he got me going the AMD route.

sp

4 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

It could be due to the lower cost of entry or the game itself.  My son is too smart for himself some times but glad he got me going the AMD route.

sp

You can have a good MSFS experience with either Intel or AMD... it is a bit of a Ford vs Chevy debate 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

35 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Usually gamers prefer Nvidia for faster GPUs, traditionally better driver support, and fancier tech (like ray tracing and DLSS). That might change though with the whole 4000 series pricing fiasco.

You got that right.   Been with NVidia for as long as I can remember.  AMD will be my next graphics card.

• Like 1

Matt Webb

1 hour ago, pilotter said:

I am full red, but to say MSFS favours AMD.... nope, example there is no FSR2.0, 

Not yet there isn't but it's coming within the next SU or so.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.