Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Utah Enhancement (Freeware)

Working on enhancing the entire state of Utah + part of Southern Idaho in this new freeware package.
Note: Created a new thread because the old thread got too busy and hoping the Mods will delete the old thread...

The addon is available here:
https://flightsim.to/file/40907/northern-utah-enhanced-early-access-alpha

The current version as of 9-27-2022 has a lot of issues, but a new version is coming soon.

OrrKHlj.png

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 6

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

55Kb download size for the entire state of Utah?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I use Asobo's built-in textures, that's how, you already have all the textures on your drive (everyone does).

It's not nearly the entire state of Utah YET. The entire state won't be completed for a few months (that's for BETA), for now I'm sticking with the narrower area shown on the map. This was barely even an alpha release to be frank, next version is really what you might call an alpha.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

Some pictures of the "Idaho Bonus" area that I'm including in the next release...
Some of it looks REALLY good post-correction, even rivaling the photoscenery in Europe I believe.

spacer.png

dnQWEci.png

Been to all these areas many times, trips to Idaho 10+ times and I lived near the border of Arizona and Utah for 4 years, so I'm very familiar with all these areas. I've seen it from a plane, and that's fairly close to how it looks in May or June, not perfect, but definitely much better than default. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

One Screenshot to Rule them all...

F5Im97V.png

That is a successful color correction there...

Edited by Alpine Scenery

It looks really good 🙂

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

53 minutes ago, Virtualpilot65 said:

SInce I live in Utah County, I'm really looking forward to this!  Now if only someone would tackle KSLC, what a package that would be!

I grew up in Utah County and now live just north of SLC. Recently left my job at KPVU and now based at KSLC. I agree, would be great if someone could make a quality KSLC!

• Like 2

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

8 hours ago, Virtualpilot65 said:

SInce I live in Utah County, I'm really looking forward to this!  Now if only someone would tackle KSLC, what a package that would be!

I looked at KSLC, I've considered it, but if I try it, would probably be even farther down the road due to how much work it is. The problem is rendering the inside of the terminals is going to be a massive undertaking due to all the circular patterned architecture. I am working on Missoula Montana, and I am putting a lot of unique features in it (or trying to), so that the Missoula airport will be like no other in the game I hope. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Created a little fictional airport I'm throwing in with Utah Enhanced 0.2.0.
I'm not a huge fan of fictional airports, but this one might be interesting.

I was forced to create an airport in the vicinity for roads, so I just kept going with it.
Just a first version though (available tomorrow or Sat).

yFaElrX.png

VU6tl9C.png

J8jOHej.png

TwWbJJa.png

Lake Mantua Airport and Seaplane Base

FEATURES
**Unique purple color scheme that is true to the area
during certain times of year in certain sunsets or lighting

**7000 foot paved runway with ILS should allow decent sized jets (even a smaller 737)

**Exotic ILS mountain approach that you wouldn't normally see (probably illegal)

**Runway skirts right along the lake for some very nice views

**Rocky pier hand created with default assets 

**Asobo Default Jetways

**Uses buildings from World Updates and default stuff (I found some decent looking stuff)

**Coned water runways for interesting Water Landings

And of course the FAMOUS Utah Purple Bushes! 
(custom rendered)

--- Only 46 polygons per bush, but they look good I think.
Means I can pretty much place an unlimited number of these bushes around if I wanted to.

alSckh2.png

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

A few more screenshots before releasing...

Mantua airport is mostly default assets, but looks pretty good even so... 

There are a few custom renderings, more in a future version.

spacer.png

0btRdnE.jpg

IlYAdn8.jpg

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2