Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Cockspur C510 Mustang OUT NOW!

Really enjoying the Cockspur. I have a full desktop trainer from Aviatek so this happens to be the only jet that uses a G1000nxi. 

On 10/18/2022 at 3:33 AM, Ricardo41 said:

The developer needs to start working on the big ticket issues before I would even begin to consider a purchase:

Sound
Shoddy texture work
Sound animation of buttons
No more "unmoveable switches"
Enabling the keypad on the center console - I'm sure this can be "hacked" somehow - the developer of the H-Jet managed to hack functioning vnav into the G3000. Maybe a pop up that visually
fits the keyboard.

As I've said in another post: The "waiting for Asobo to fix..." lamentation is wearing kinda thin.

Do you code?

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

6 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Do you code?

Does it matter either way?

Doesn't change the fact that the Mustang makes Carenado look good.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

9 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Do you code?

I code for a living and think there are serious problem with the state of the Mustang.

Does that count ?

Hi all...!

I have just purchased the C510 and need some advice...

I can't seem to be able to get the plane's autopilot to follow a flight plan. I load a flight plan (developed using LittleNavMap) in the simulator, get the aircraft flying and enable the AP and NAV on the panel. On all other aircraft this works perfectly but in the C510 the flight plan is ignored and is not tracked. The status screen on the pilot's panel shows the proper way points but....

So how do I get the aircraft to properly follow the plan? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Rob

---------------------------------------------

System: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master, i9-11900KF, EK Supreme water cooling, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws V F4-4000C 16D-32GVK DDR4, Asus GTX 3070, Gigabyte M34WQ + Asus MX27AQ monitors, WD SN850 1 TB M2 drive, Intel 750 Nvme 480 GB, Samsung 1 TB SSD, 3 TB + 4 TB HDD's, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder, Saitek Radio panel..

4 hours ago, RobSys said:

Hi all...!

I have just purchased the C510 and need some advice...

I can't seem to be able to get the plane's autopilot to follow a flight plan. I load a flight plan (developed using LittleNavMap) in the simulator, get the aircraft flying and enable the AP and NAV on the panel. On all other aircraft this works perfectly but in the C510 the flight plan is ignored and is not tracked. The status screen on the pilot's panel shows the proper way points but....

So how do I get the aircraft to properly follow the plan? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Rob

I'm not flying the 510 but it sounds like you have not selected GPS/FMC as the Nav source for the Autopilot. Are the nav needles in the PFDs HSI green or magenta?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

19 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I'm not flying the 510 but it sounds like you have not selected GPS/FMC as the Nav source for the Autopilot. Are the nav needles in the PFDs HSI green or magenta?

Yes, that's what I had thought as the manual lists enable FMS in the check lists/procedures...The problem though is that I can't figure out how to select and activate the GPS/FMS...

Initially and before taxi, I see the flight plan on the PFD and the various legs of the plan. I also see the purple course line on the MFD. When in flight, I still see all the data on the PFD but the course line on the MFD is missing..

Don't have this problem with any other aircraft...

Rob

System: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master, i9-11900KF, EK Supreme water cooling, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws V F4-4000C 16D-32GVK DDR4, Asus GTX 3070, Gigabyte M34WQ + Asus MX27AQ monitors, WD SN850 1 TB M2 drive, Intel 750 Nvme 480 GB, Samsung 1 TB SSD, 3 TB + 4 TB HDD's, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder, Saitek Radio panel..

59 minutes ago, RobSys said:

Yes, that's what I had thought as the manual lists enable FMS in the check lists/procedures...The problem though is that I can't figure out how to select and activate the GPS/FMS...

Initially and before taxi, I see the flight plan on the PFD and the various legs of the plan. I also see the purple course line on the MFD. When in flight, I still see all the data on the PFD but the course line on the MFD is missing..

Don't have this problem with any other aircraft...

Rob

The courseline on the MFD will always be purple.

I thinks its using the G1000 so on the PFD there should be the option to change the CDI source on one of the middle softkeys.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

The C510 is indeed using the Garmin G1000 MFD. I have a full G100 manual (from my FSX days - in the Socata TBM 850 docs ) and the FPL key is (from the manual):

FPL Key – Displays the active Flight Plan Page for creating and editing the active flight plan, or for accessing stored flight plans.

I have used this key and activated it using the enter button.

The Cockspur iteration is not complete in that none of the letter or number keys are active. It looks like there is an option on the PFD (CDI) where I can select NAV1, NAV2 or GPS so I'll try the GPS setting...

OK... that's solved it...

Setting to GPS works and the flight plan is followed. Switching to NAV1 on approach captures the ILS...

Thanks for the assist...

Rob