Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

SimHeaven's X-Europe for XP12 analysis...

Agree xplane displays distant objects very well compared to MSFS, also the image is just so much sharper...come on orbx you can do this globally!!  👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bjoern said:

LOD bias (sim/private/controls/reno/LOD_bias_rat) adjustment scripts still work in XP12

Could you explain where to get / install 'LOD Bias' please, I would like to give it a go.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

14 hours ago, UKflyer said:

Agree xplane displays distant objects very well compared to MSFS, also the image is just so much sharper...come on orbx you can do this globally!!  👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

I just had a look at the MSFS forum regarding the next beta and saw some screenshots - honestly, MSFS ground and lighting just looks poor after spending all my time in XP12 since early release.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Could you explain where to get / install 'LOD Bias' please, I would like to give it a go.

I have my own script, which isn't public.

However, there are some other FlyWithLua-based options, ranging from simple solutions that set a fixed LOD bias value...

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/42210-adjust-object-lod-radius/

...to more complex utilities that try to maintain a certain framerate.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43281-3jfps-wizard11-for-xp11/

"sim/private/controls/reno/LOD_bias_rat" can also be manipulated directly using https://datareftool.com/, but the changes are not persistent and reverted when X-Plane is restarted.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

I have my own script, which isn't public.

However, there are some other FlyWithLua-based options, ranging from simple solutions that set a fixed LOD bias value...

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/42210-adjust-object-lod-radius/

...to more complex utilities that try to maintain a certain framerate.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43281-3jfps-wizard11-for-xp11/

"sim/private/controls/reno/LOD_bias_rat" can also be manipulated directly using https://datareftool.com/, but the changes are not persistent and reverted when X-Plane is restarted.

Hi,

I cannot stand that ring in the distance almost as much as I dislike stutters. It seems the flywithlua for XP12 option doesn't work for my setup. I've tried various settings and looking out over KLAX area the ring never changes. Anyone using this fix successfully in XP12? 

--Object (OBJ) Bias LOD. 6 (very low setting) to 0.10 (very high setting)
set( "sim/private/controls/reno/LOD_bias_rat", 0.10)

I also tried adjusting the settings file with no luck. "I wouldn't be a hacker Ausin" if you gave me the options needed to give me the best experience I can create based on my hardware/visual setup!

#############################################################################################################################
# World draw distance
#############################################################################################################################

SETTING DRAW POPUP renopt_draw_distance04 4
SETTING_MENU minimal-low-medium-high-very high
SETTING_NAME |drawing range
SETTING_DESC This changes how far away objects should be drawn
REQUIRE_RELOAD
SETTING_DEFAULT all 3

SETTING_1 renopt_draw_distance04 0    reno/LOD_bias_rat 5            terrain/fade_start_rat 0.75    ag/tile_lod_bias 0.72    terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.72
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_distance04 1    reno/LOD_bias_rat 3.375        terrain/fade_start_rat 0.65    ag/tile_lod_bias 0.72    terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.72
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_distance04 2    reno/LOD_bias_rat 2.25        terrain/fade_start_rat 0.65    ag/tile_lod_bias 0.72    terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.72
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_distance04 3    reno/LOD_bias_rat 1.5        terrain/fade_start_rat 0.6    ag/tile_lod_bias 0.83    terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.83
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_distance04 4    reno/LOD_bias_rat 1            terrain/fade_start_rat 0.6    ag/tile_lod_bias 1.00    terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 1.00

Data_ref_editor doesn't change the ring size, it just adds/removes data from within the ring. 

Any ideas on getting my LOD out to the horizon?
Thanks

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

On 10/13/2022 at 8:39 PM, UKflyer said:

I agree... I love how XP12 renders the ground and distant sky textures. I have it setup how I want with some custom scenery, but I need to get a better PC as it clearly hurts against the same in XP11.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bulva said:

I highly recommend this simple, but excellent and intuitive software:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/64466-lfds-auto-view-distance/

It works perfectly in VR along with my Rift S, where I have a 27 FPS lock in both LFD and VR settings.

Hi,

I also tried these lua scripts, but all it did was add/remove buildings, trees to the ring itself. It did not increase the ring distance.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

@Mike_CFII_MEL

You need to check if the script works in DataRefTool. If the LOD_bias dataref's value in DRT corresponds to what you've set it to in the script and you still get your "ring", you're running into a rendering engine limitation and your only options are trying to file a bug with Laminar or change simulators.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Version 1.2 of X-WORLD EUROPE released OCT 12.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Version 1.2 of X-WORLD EUROPE released OCT 12.

👍

v1.2

0-exclusions +49+010 (EDQH) corrected

5-footprints regenerated and optimized

6-scenery regenerated, OSM data Oct 8th 2022 - boats on land eliminated

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bjoern said:

@Mike_CFII_MEL

You need to check if the script works in DataRefTool. If the LOD_bias dataref's value in DRT corresponds to what you've set it to in the script and you still get your "ring", you're running into a rendering engine limitation and your only options are trying to file a bug with Laminar or change simulators.

Hi,

Going to crank up the deck and have another look at these scripts.

Thanks everyone for the help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UKflyer said:

interesting

Not really. It does not tell us much about optimization/parallelism at all. It just tells us that sitting on the runway doing nothing requires 1 core. In order to get a better picture, I think different scenarios are needed.

• Flying into cloudy conditions
  • AI Traffic scenarios
  • Busy Airport with traffic
  • Flying into dense cities
  • Cases with lots of trees etc

• Like 2

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB