Sign in to follow this  
MaxwellZH

Which EFB are you using?

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I use Aivlasoft’s EFB in P3D for IFR but it’s also compatible with MSFS. 30 day free trial. Once purchased a Navigraph subscription will ensure your data is up to date.

https://www.aivlasoft.com

Been using Avliasoft EFB for years and it can't be beat. Includes everything you need for both VFR and IFR flights. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

All I can say at this point without braking NDA is that it looks really nice.

I will go further and say that it looks amazing!! Get ready 🙂 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

6 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

I will go further and say that it looks amazing!! Get ready 🙂 

Oh god, you guys make me want that SO much

3 hours ago, MaxwellZH said:

During my search I did notice Aivlasoft. However, for me it is a little bit expensive and seems way too professional. But having a free trial is nice, I will check it out for sure.

I have used it in P3D and now MSFS, so for about 6 or more years total, with thousands of flights each year. Gets updated, and support is great. Cheapest investment in simming I ever made, and I don't have to buy charts ever. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

While Aivlasoft does provide a set of data it's an older one. If one wants to keep the database up to date, there's no avoiding either navigraph or aerosoft for current AIRAC sets.

I find Aivlasoft useful for IFR, but at this moment I use LNM for VFR.

If I was looking for an EFB right now then I would be looking at freeware options, until Navigraph Charts 8 is out.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I'm probably the only one but I was kinda disappointed with Aivlasoft, the biggest downfalls with Aivlasoft which is about $100Cdn is that you need to run a server for it, the flight planning is not that great and then it doesn't even have a Sectional for VFR which you can get for LNM on top of that you still need a Navigraph account for data if you "truly" want to have it all in sync. With charts 8 coming that $100Cdn for me anyway is better spent on Navigraph knowing that MSFS/LNM/Charts are all in sync. Like I said I've spent 10 years always trying to sync P3D, Nav Data, FMS, GTN, LNM there was always something out of sync, now that headache is gone.

For GA flights, I plan my flights in LNM, export it to MSFS format, import it to Navigraph Charts, Sync it to OnAir, and load ATC-Chatter and the VFR immersion has been great.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

I'm probably the only one but I was kinda disappointed with Aivlasoft, the biggest downfalls with Aivlasoft which is about $100Cdn is that you need to run a server for it, the flight planning is not that great and then it doesn't even have a Sectional for VFR which you can get for LNM on top of that you still need a Navigraph account for data if you "truly" want to have it all in sync. With charts 8 coming that $100Cdn for me anyway is better spent on Navigraph knowing that MSFS/LNM/Charts are all in sync. Like I said I've spent 10 years always trying to sync P3D, Nav Data, FMS, GTN, LNM there was always something out of sync, now that headache is gone.

For GA flights, I plan my flights in LNM, export it to MSFS format, import it to Navigraph Charts, Sync it to OnAir, and load ATC-Chatter and the VFR immersion has been great.

First of all, you do not have to "run a server"  The server is a built in part of the program. It comes in two halves, a server and a client. The client displays the info on the screen, and the built in sever stores and feeds the information to the client. The beauty of that is everytime your sim or Airac is updated, the sever learns the new data, sol you are always up to date. If you don't have a navigraph account, Avliasoft uses the data that is in MSFS.. 

4 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

While Aivlasoft does provide a set of data it's an older one. If one wants to keep the database up to date, there's no avoiding either navigraph or aerosoft for current AIRAC sets.

Everytime  the Airac is updated in MSFS 2020, Avliasoft gets updated too with that info. 

• Like 1

I have used pretty much all options mentioned in this thread. Especially when using VR, Navigraph is really impressive. I have seen previews of the new VFR and weather features that Navigraph will soon include, see https://fselite.net/content/navigraph-charts-8-in-beta-testing-check-out-the-new-preview-video/ . I think Navigraph charts will become pretty much unavoidable at that point. It is a bit expensive, but you get up-to-date data, Simbrief integration, and really easy access to all maps and charts. I use it for VFR flights already now, and can't wait for the new version. Highly recommended.

I'm using Sky4Sim with VFRMAP FOR VR, tempted to get a Navigraph sub.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2