Sign in to follow this  
aniiran

Sigh. yet another flight ends like this.

I was getting the same thing. Make sure HAGS (Hardware Accelerated Graphic Settings) is turned off in Windows. This seemed to do it for me. I have an RTX 2080.

Also, you mentioned GSX. I was having a problem with the models in AIG not showing up. I disabled GSX and it was no longer a problem. This was at the same time I was dealing with this graphics error. You might want to try that also.

Edited by mwilk
  • Like 2

NAX669.png

For what it's worth

Strange - maybe I have missed the question - not just on here but on Orbx - but are you using Nvidia or AMD when this occurs?/

Personally - I have NVidia 3060 - in a new PC setup since UD 10  - and was getting the screen - when I was on NV 5.25

but I changed to the new driver 5.47 last week and not seen the word not allowed thing since - Touch wood. 

Also at the time I was using my 4K HDR monitor - but combined with the new driver - I have reverted back to a 50" HD monitor

Maybe - my I7 - 3060 - 48RAM couldn't cope with the effort to produce 4 times the info - 2Ultra - which I now get around 60 fps 

with seemingly little effort

1 hour ago, Meeko said:

Thank you "AS" for your import.  Hope this will be of interest to Aniiran as well.  

I have already rolled back to previous video drivers with no luck and reinstalled the latest version.  Cache directories have already been cleaned with the exception of the scenery cache within MSFS.  I'm not able to get into MSFS to do that.  The resetting of the page file is a bit daunting, so I don't have the confidence to go there.  Lastly, reinstalling MSFS doesn't appear to make any difference.  MSFS forum indicates here's a huge number of MSFS pilots who have the same problem.  A lot of these pilots have reinstalled MSFS but it doesn't fix the problem.    

Are you sure your not mixing up the DX 11 issue showing no texture, with your issue?
I have heard of your problem in a few places, but not very commonly, most people fixed it with disabling HAGS or updating the driver, which I think you already did both.
Run chkdsk...

If you reinstall the game, and it's still there, that is very very strange indeed, but I'm not sure how cleanly MSFS reinstalls. It sounds like it could also be a bad page file - I/O read error. Changing the page file isn't hard at all, I would definitely try it. It's literally change it to manual, hit OK, change it back to automatic, hit OK. It won't hurt anything.

If a page file has issues, what happens is when you load the game it starts paging off some memory for certain things between the GPU > memory > paged memory, and then when it tries to revert the cache back into the GPU memory (paged memory > memory > GPU mem), well there is an I/O error and it cannot read it. So a game will think the error is from the GPU memory error, but it is actually from a bad page file or a HD going corrupt (or bad memory speed). Otherwise, I would say your memory settings in your bios, but this usually produces more noticeable CTD's all over the place and more randomly, though technically it could cause this issue I guess. 

The problem can also indicate a GPU going bad or a hardware problem in general (overheating).

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

17 hours ago, mwilk said:

Make sure HAGS (Hardware Accelerated Graphic Scheduling) is turned off in Windows

Slight correction to your description.😉

I've been getting this issue every few days, perhaps twice per week and only recently. I already had HAGS turned off, so that won't be a fix for everyone perhaps just coincidental for yourself, who knows.

I've yet to try any fixes myself.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

4 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Slight correction to your description.😉

I've been getting this issue every few days, perhaps twice per week and only recently. I already had HAGS turned off, so that won't be a fix for everyone perhaps just coincidental for yourself, who knows.

I've yet to try any fixes myself.

Yes, it's one of those fixes that works for some and not for others. The only other change I made at the time was to disable GSX, so I don't know. I did change drivers multiple times but that had no effect.

NAX669.png

On 11/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, aniiran said:

I just don't get it, good performance on take off but every time I go to land, the scenery doesn't load and then as I get close to the ground this word not allowed again.

Settings don't seem to matter.  I don't know if this is a GSX or AIG or just too much stuff loaded and graphics settings too high with a complex airplane.

I think I will wait and see if things improve with SU11.  Any one found the real solution to this?

Had the scenery issue several times as well.  It seems to have something to do with simconnect and a maximum object limit when using multiple addons simultaneously, such as GSX/FSLTL/AIG, at busy airports with high settings.  I created a bug report on the official forums a few weeks ago, the link is below if you or anyone wants to vote on it and/or provide input.

Arrival Airports, Traffic, and FPS Have Disappeared - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 1

Did we all forget to tell him to try it first without any addons, umm, that's always # 1.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

15 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Did we all forget to tell him to try it first without any addons, umm, that's always # 1.

It seems to be caused by addons, so if you clear out the community folder, you won't have the issue.  AI traffic and GSX inject a lot of objects, so at some point, this object limit is reached, but where that limit is, only the developers know.  Umberto from FSDT provides some good insight from a developer's standpoint in the bug report linked above.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:58 PM, mwilk said:

I was getting the same thing. Make sure HAGS (Hardware Accelerated Graphic Settings) is turned off in Windows. This seemed to do it for me. I have an RTX 2080.

Also, you mentioned GSX. I was having a problem with the models in AIG not showing up. I disabled GSX and it was no longer a problem. This was at the same time I was dealing with this graphics error. You might want to try that also.

I don't think it's specifically a GSX problem, rather it's the object limit reached when both GSX and AIG are running together at high settings.  When one program is removed, the object limit doesn't seem to be reached.  From what I've seen, Vatsim users don't encounter the issue since they have less AI traffic around them.  It would be interesting to know if anyone using MSFS on the recent CTP event encountered this issue.

Edited by JayViation
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, JayViation said:

It seems to be caused by addons, so if you clear out the community folder, you won't have the issue.  AI traffic and GSX inject a lot of objects, so at some point, this object limit is reached, but where that limit is, only the developers know.  Umberto from FSDT provides some good insight from a developer's standpoint in the bug report linked above.

I don't think it's specifically a GSX problem, rather it's the object limit reached when both GSX and AIG are running together at high settings.  When one program is removed, the object limit doesn't seem to be reached.  From what I've seen, Vatsim users don't encounter the issue since they have less AI traffic around them.  It would be interesting to know if anyone using MSFS on the recent CTP event encountered this issue.

Exactly. I don’t have the limit issue with FSLTL either. But you’re right, it’s not an issue caused by GSX.

Edited by mwilk

NAX669.png

This issue sounds very much like the vanished destination airport add-on and, to ensure it is similar, my suggestion would be to unlink GSX and make a test flight between the same airports where you had the last issue with no other change in your add-ons or settings. You will get your answer right away.

I had this problem too (or ghost destination airports) when using AIG or FSLTL with GSX. Finally, I had to make a hard choice between AI traffic or airport services, and obviously opted for AI traffic, so I unlinked GSX until MSFS removes or increases this number of objects limit. As a "substitute" I use the Pushback freeware found on FlightSim.to. Since then, no issue at all after one month and several flights a week.

For those not experiencing this (or at least not on every flight), chances are that your departure airport is a small to medium one with little AI traffic, hence the number of objects won't trigger the limit. If you take off from EGLL or EDDF and land at a destination with a detailed scenery add-on, either your destination airport won't show-up or you will likely get that GPU message. Conversely, I never had this problem when flying between two small/medium airports with AIG and GSX active.

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I have tried everything the only thing that works is going back to old graphics drivers 471.41 or older.  But I would like to use the newest graphics drivers because I do play other games.  

I am beginning to wonder about GSX.  But everything including GSX works fine with old drivers.

HAGS is disabled.

49 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I have tried everything

Including unlinking GSX as suggested? It is just to make sure your issue is not related to this object limits. Can you please confirm? Thanks.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

5 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Including unlinking GSX as suggested? It is just to make sure your issue is not related to this object limits. Can you please confirm? Thanks.

I have tried everything that isn't a solution that sees me uninstalling or not using AIG or GSX. I'm not sure I believe the hard coded sim objects limit IS the issue. The drivers still seem suspect to me.

The 471.41 drivers work for now, I can use GSX and AIG with no real issue...so far.  Maybe something will change with SU11 or NVIDIA will finally get the driver right.

I don't have GSX but I have still had this issue occasionally.  I flew all around Australia (including Sydney) for hours yesterday without a problem, so I am wondering if it is a location based issue, as the only time I have seen it recently is flying over north London, but that many minutes after flying directly over the city, and a touch and go at Heathrow.  Once in the C414, and once in the C172.

It is a strange one for sure.  For now I am just glad it has gone away.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.