Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Who else is excited about the UNLIMITED might of XP12 FM?

I'll let the video do the talking. 😉

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 4

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

Uhhh, the clouds on the left look so blurry and fuzzy and out of focus and... oh..

Just watched at 1/25 playback speed. Roll/pitch rates are all nailed. Full and flat stalls. Prop wash on the empennage. That was/is awesome.

Side note: surprising how few folks know what actually qualifies as a flat spin on youtube. Even after Goose's tragedy!!

edit: happened to be watching while the sim was running in the background w/ engine off...rain coming and going in the background at KPDX... this sim...

Edited by blingthinger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Great video Marco! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

@Murmur some are lurking around to attack your thread

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

23 minutes ago, Humpty said:

@Murmur some are lurking around to attack your thread

Uh?

8 hours ago, blingthinger said:

Just watched at 1/25 playback speed. Roll/pitch rates are all nailed. Full and flat stalls. Prop wash on the empennage. That was/is awesome.

I think I nailed 90% of the maneuvers, 10% came out a bit different. In a couple of cases I inverted them (positive/negative, left/right). But really XP flight model is incredible. Blade Element Theory can get the most realistic results!

Also, another incredible thing is that while flying the various maneuvers, I felt the turbulence when passing through the same spot again, e.g. after a loop. Just like it happens in real life. Unique!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Uh?

Ah nvm , was  just pointing to people who started attacking XP threads ! 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

42 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I think I nailed

This was you?? I didn't realize that! And not even w/ rudder pedals?? I gotta get myself one of those old force feedback joysticks...

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, blingthinger said:

This was you?? I didn't realize that! And not even w/ rudder pedals?? I gotta get myself one of those old force feedback joysticks...

Well I don't use FFB in XP (requires a payware plugin), so a quality joystick with a twist axis should be enough.

22 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Well I don't use FFB in XP (requires a payware plugin), so a quality joystick with a twist axis should be enough.

Yes, I recall you said you leave forces off...but clearly it's working well without the spring action.

36 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Yes, I recall you said you leave forces off...but clearly it's working well without the spring action.

Oh no, I only deactivate the return-to-center when flying helicopters. With fixed wings, I leave it on, because without return to center it would probably be harder to fly them. In other words, it acts like a normal springy joystick when I fly fixed wings.

Edited by Murmur

Well Marco, let me start by saying you do have very good "flight characteristics" 🙂 Is that a "side effect" of having tried aeromodelism?

Great flying in that video! What aircraft was that? Is it freeware?

By XP9/XP10 aerobatic aircraft performed a LOT better than anything available for MS FS. By that time I was still ( and now returned to be within the confines of visuals sugar... ) aficionado of MS FS, but XP was proggressively gaining my attention.

I recorded a video showing how "fail-safe" the aerodynamics in fsx were 🙂 allowing for an Extra 300 with it's engine quit,  to start climbing in a spiral 🙂

Microsoft Flight Simulator - As real as it will ever get... - YouTube  (starting around 00:40 )

In XP I tried an Edge 540 in XP10, and it was able to perform some good stunts, so I went investigating what made it so interesting, and found, to my dismay, the author, with a lot of tallent, used "pusher rockets" connectng them with some of the control inputs to be able to get the right speeds/angular speeds in various maneuvers... I was disappointed because that was "cheating" to me ....

I believe that starting XP11 and now with XP12 that kind of tricks is no longer required, and the maneuvers you performed can actually result form a well designed, probably a bit modified in terms of real dimensions when reproduced in the XP model, aerobatic aircraft?

If possible, please state what model you're using there!

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

I'll get excited when I see an fmc for the 330

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

21 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I'll get excited when I see an fmc for the 330

Please keep this thread on topic. This isn't about an FMGC (the correct term).  This is about what the X-Plane flight model is capable of.

Thanks

• Upvote 1