Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

MSFS Controller Setups

My guess is we will have this option in the future. As well as drop down for each controller instead of arrows.

I posted on MS forums shortly after launch about this as a request and it had positive responses back then.

I just think it is on the back burner, most users probably don't use profiles much.

Go to the MS Forums and post this as a request again and upvote it. 

If you do post a link here so more of us can.

I just did a search and there are lots of interest in this:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=controller profiles %23self-service%3Awishlist

Sooner or later I am sure MS ASOBO will implement this probably quite well.

In the mean time go vote for these.

Edited by 177B
Added link
  • Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Lorbys Axis and Ohs does this for MSFS, P3D and probably Xplane, too.

This is what I use, AAO. Automatically recognize your aircraft and loads profile in background.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

10 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Maybe it's just me. You have to click to choose the aircraft in the first place, then click again for your livery... click some more for your weather, click to choose your Airport.. One more click to change the profile doesn't seem all that onerous...

It's kinda onerous, or maybe not quite to the level of "onerous" but rather annoying...because for example with some aircraft you'll have multiple profiles to click over to. 

For example the PMDG737, I have to switch the T16000M stick over to "Tiller", I have to switch the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle to "TWIN ENGINE JET", I have to switch my Logitech pad to "737 VIEWS", and finally I have to switch my keyboard over to "737"

If I decide to fly the IndiaFoxtEcho M-346, I have to switch the T16000M stick over to my "M-346" profile...because leaving it on "Tiller" would not work so well  :)
and then of course I'd need to switch my Honeycomb over to "SINGLE ENGINE JET" and my Logitech pad over to "M-346 VIEWS" and I'd probably be set then.

So as you can see...not "onerous" I guess but a little bit of a hassle.  And I might add something the sim should do by default, without AAO or other add-on.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB