Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Artemis 1 Launch. (We hope)

@JRBarrett, thanks for the link to Jack King. I also agree about Walter Cronkite. Having watched JFK many times it's an iconic moment in broadcasting history. Some people's voices make their careers.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does anyone remember ITV’s commentary when Hurst scored the final goal in ‘66? Nope, only Wolstenholme’s. 😉

They think its all over... now it is. 

I recall watching it on TV. I was very young, only 8, so didn't really appreciate what was going on, just a game of football. 😄

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

They think its all over... now it is. 

I recall watching it on TV. I was very young, only 8, so didn't really appreciate what was going on, just a game of football. 😄

TV? You were lucky. My father didn’t want a TV so I listened on the radio. Just moved to the area so no mates. I remember writing 2-1 in the official WC guide and then Jackie Charlton fouled a German. 🤨

I’ll leave it there as I’m drifting off topic. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

50 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

TV? You were lucky. My father didn’t want a TV so I listened on the radio. Just moved to the area so no mates. I remember writing 2-1 in the official WC guide and then Jackie Charlton fouled a German. 🤨

I’ll leave it there as I’m drifting off topic. 😉

TV yes, rented black and white. When colour eventually arrived it was a very long time before we got one. Didn't have a telephone either for a remarkably long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

TV yes, rented black and white. When colour eventually arrived it was a very long time before we got one. Didn't have a telephone either for a remarkably long time.

In 1958 my parents bought a color TV, mainly so we could watch Bonanza in full color! It was one of the very few network programs transmitted in color at that time.

It had a round tube with a sort of "rectangular" bezel. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The live tracker, space cadets.

Orion is already past half way.

Edited by martin-w

Should be some great views of the Moon's surface from only 80 miles.

"NASA will provide live coverage of the outbound powered flyby on Monday, Nov. 21, at 7:15 a.m. EST. The burn will occur at 7:44 a.m., with Orion’s closest approach occurring shortly after at 7:57 a.m. Live NASA TV coverage of the distant retrograde orbit insertion burn on Friday, Nov. 25 will begin at 4:30 p.m. The insertion burn will occur at 4:52 p.m."

Edited by martin-w
  • Upvote 2

It's started space cadets.

"That's no Moon... its a space station!"

Orion is at 456 mph. I think it must have slowed itself down with its superconducting anti-grav interocitor drive. 

Edited by martin-w

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

Orion is at 456 mph. I think it must have slowed itself down with its superconducting anti-grav interocitor drive. 

I think Manny Quinn stuck his foot out the door and let it drag to slow down! 🤔

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

How boring this is. Nothing but "animation driven images." Giant Y A W N !

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

How boring this is. Nothing but "animation driven images." Giant Y A W N !

Has to be. Orion is on the far side of the Moon. Images are downloaded when it peeps out and say hello. 

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Has to be. Orion is on the far side of the Moon. Images are downloaded when it peeps out and say hello. 

The Dark Side of the Moon, and my heart goes Bump Bump, Bump Bump watching this Great Gig in the Sky 😁

Matthew Kane

18 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

The Dark Side of the Moon, and my heart goes Bump Bump, Bump Bump watching this Great Gig in the Sky

Except its not dark. 😁 No darker than any other part of the Moon's surface.

• Upvote 1