Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

Carenado update PC-12 to v1.1 - update notes?

That's a good idea didn't know we could even do that Bert.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So for the update with the PC12 - I've noticed some excellent improvements while using PMS or TDS GTN.  Working LPV GP, CDI needle, excellent FPS.  Appears to be some issue with amperage though 🙂

While using the lovely early access WT GNS though....

The altitude selector isn't arming (capturing) altitudes now.  You have to manually control VS and then press ALT again when you want to level off.

Additionally, lateral AP modes are NOT showing on the EADI.  When I press HDG mode it is working but it will not display on the pilot's PFD (EADI).  Nor will APR or NAV mode.

The WT GNS are now both working if you have them installed (previously with the 1.00 early access release the 430 was partially inop).  However the APR mode will not work if shooting an RNAV approach to LPV mins (IE following an approach with vertical guidance where you'd see the GP markers on the EHSI).  This may be something Carenado needs to work on with WT as their avionics mature and of course become standard.  When I did this assessment the TDS GTN was disabled otherwise the EHSI basically doesn't work at all.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

While using the lovely early access WT GNS though....

Yup.. for now, the TDS GTN and the PMS50 GNS are the better combo.

The GNS430 shows the GTN flightplan which is nice 🙂

Bert

Did a mini screenshot review of the plane with its new patch

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Help Request, Just got the Carenado PC-12. Have installed and the EADI & EHSI panels do not have any colour or operating HSI or arc.

Its just a brown square on each with some writing, but nothing I can use. I uninstalled and re-installed as per Carenado's support. But the problem persists, I have tried to rotate the Brt Light on the Top EFIS panel. 

I have pressed various HDG, NAV buttons, but nothing shows up.

Can anyone advise?

I found that going into MSFS/GENERAL/Experimental and deleting the only 'on' item there, gets me the backlight for the engine instuments, but they seem to stick on start, and this is the updated version.

Any assistance appreciated

Thank you 

Dave (Flyingscotsman)

There is a brightness control knob down low on your right hand side.  On the centre pedestal I think. For some reason the knob is adjusted to low or even off on start-up sometimes.  Turn it and the dials will show.

Edit: Sorry, I mis-read the issue.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

How many updates PC-12 had? So far I have:

- rain inside cockpit in some models

- no ability to save GTN options choice, rest to default after each flight

- WX radar shows airspaces on screen

- very floaty on landing (watch several cockpit video it doesn't appear to be not a case)

Typical Carenado sloppy work:(

I'd rather wait for Simworks PC-12

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

What version have you installed?  With update 1.20 everything you mention is resolved

Changelog v1.2.0:
– Avidyne improved to avoid FPS progressive loss
– Fixed Working Title compatibility issue that causes AP to fail
– Fixed EIS backlighting when ready for takeoff
– ATC type fixed
– GTN650 implemented
– EIS white bars visibility fixed on Windows 11
– Minor bugs fixed

18 minutes ago, edzunu said:

What version have you installed?  With update 1.20 everything you mention is resolved

It's on marketplace. There are no choice of version but latest

Marketplace takes time to update. Can you check the installed version in manifest.json file?

12 minutes ago, edzunu said:

Marketplace takes time to update. Can you check the installed version in manifest.json file?

It doesn't make any sense. If my version is older then I should get prompted to install update just like I do with all other add on purchased in marketplace

Yes, so it should be, but the issues you describe are gone with the 1.2.0 update.