Sign in to follow this  
Bina

New Maps for LNM (update #4)

I wanted to install the VFR map theme.

Followed the instructions to the letter.

Cleared the cache, dropped the data folders into the LNM main folder.

LNM was not running at the time.

None of the new themes show in the drop down box.

Help is appreciated,

KJ

On 10/5/2022 at 1:06 AM, H_Kev55 said:

Cleared the cache, dropped the data folders into the LNM main folder.

Copy or extract the maps so that the new folders appear next to "openstreetmap" and the other folders. This should work with all LNM 2.6 stable and 2.8 beta versions.

image.png

Alex

Hello together,

I have LittleNavMap version 2.8.1.beta because according to the developer it is the only working version for X-plane12 and 11. Now I'm desperately looking for their way to select the cards! I downloaded the "data" file from here and copied it to the appropriate directory. But, in the toolbar there is no option to select the cards! I activated all the tools by right-clicking, nothing!
So how do you choose the cards?

Greetings, Stefan

Cards? What cards? 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

21 hours ago, stevebiker said:

I have LittleNavMap version 2.8.1.beta because according to the developer it is the only working version for X-plane12 and 11. Now I'm desperately looking for their way to select the cards! I downloaded the "data" file from here and copied it to the appropriate directory. But, in the toolbar there is no option to select the cards! I activated all the tools by right-clicking, nothing!
So how do you choose the cards?

Greetings, Stefan

Map themes, probably? They should appear in the list here if installed in the right place:

6GDTmIG.png

Alex

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 1:59 AM, omcnoe said:

New Zealand topographic 50 and 250 maps for LNM.

These maps are an invaluable resource for navigating in the NZ backcountry. I wasn't able to find an existing version online so I threw together by own.

Requires a (free) account & API key on data.linz.govt.nz

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GilZvWmB-nTpgoQ-5NmnqA8B3WrqgpTc/view?usp=sharing

Thank you! I merged your topic withe the big maps for LNM one and quoted your post in the original post.

Alex

• Like 1

On 16.11.2022 at 14:34, albar965 said:

Kartenthemen, wahrscheinlich? Sie sollten hier in der Liste erscheinen, wenn sie an der richtigen Stelle installiert sind:

6GDTmIG.png

Alex

Vielen Dank! Hat funktioniert. Auf den Globus wäre ich nicht gleich gekommen.

• Like 1

@albar965 

Is there a way to create our own maps from PDF charts?
I want to add charts similar to US sectionals for Australian VFR charts. 

Airservices Australia has free online (large) PDF charts for free: https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp

Is there a way to import these PDF maps, and somehow input the info such as scale of map, and link a cordinate of pdf to real world cordinate so it will work in LNM?

I have looked at the dgml files for us sectional but that just pulls in online map already in a correct format, where as I don't think the Australian authority releases in this interactive format, just high res PDFs.

5 hours ago, samburner3 said:

Is there a way to create our own maps from PDF charts?

not PDF directly. All you can do is to convert the PDF into a JPG and then put this into a Google Earth KML which can be loaded by LNM.

Alex