Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Fly The Maddog update 1.1b123 released.

2 hours ago, Muds said:

hello guys,

i still don't know wether i want to buy this plane or not, i was wondering one thing tho, are the autopilots controls working with default FS bindings?
for exemple altitute inc/dec, speed inc/dec com1 whole/fract etc .... it's working perfectly on the 737, a310 and bae 146 so i guess it should also work.

thank you

No the default key bindings don’t necessarily all work. There is the maddog app which allows you to assign some commands to keyboard/controller shortcuts outside of msfs.

oh that's nice, i'm using my HOTAS hat switches for basic stuff like SPD HDG ALT and COM1, and i don't really want to buy yet another 3rd party app just for 4 bindings.

that's good to know, thank you

20 hours ago, JasonPC said:

No the default key bindings don’t necessarily all work. There is the maddog app which allows you to assign some commands to keyboard/controller shortcuts outside of msfs.

IIRC this was only for P3D and doesn't work in MSFS. Has that changed? I use AAO to bind AP knobs to my hardware.

20 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

IIRC this was only for P3D and doesn't work in MSFS. Has that changed? I use AAO to bind AP knobs to my hardware.

That’s true, I’m not sure I use spad.next.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:36 AM, Tim-HH said:

I read in a comment on Facebook than one can apparently use the old but excellent TSS sound set for the FSX/P3D version of the Maddog also with the one for MSFS. Is that true? Has annyone tested that?

Sort of, not directly though... You can paste the TSS soundset to the MD80's sound folder & update layout.json, but you will also need to edit both Leonardo's sound.xml and/or the sound.cfg to remove conflicting sound effects.  I have been using a legacy/FSX sound pack of my own creation, derived from the TSS pack and some FSX freeware packs from Avsim.  FTSim's sound pack on Patreon is also an option.  It's decent but not quite to my taste.  FTSim develops with WWise so there are many benefits, i.e.cabin sounds and sound scaling with the cockpit window open.

• Like 1

hello guys,

is there a way to prevent the md client to always start with FS? id'like to start it only when i'm planing to fly the MD.

thx

On 12/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, Muds said:

hello guys,

is there a way to prevent the md client to always start with FS? id'like to start it only when i'm planing to fly the MD.

thx

You can delete it from the exe.xml in the MSFS folder and start it manually (mdclient.exe) when you need it.

• Like 2

it's a little client runing along the sim to bypass fs limitations, like importing simbriefs profiles directly, acars and more....

On 1/7/2023 at 1:14 AM, shamrockflyer said:

What does the MD Client do exactly?

What Muds said. It's the reason why you can now directly download Simbrief flightplans and receive ACARS messages (ATIS, Weather, CPDLC etc.) within the FMS and/or EFB. It's basically the same the Fenix does.

• Like 1

are they gonna do the 83 and 88? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom