Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly Jets 737 MAX8 Released

Yes. iFly offers this config tool for setting up the aircraft and that is one of the options:

spacer.png

spacer.png

...and that way the winds will stay in knots, but the rest will change to Imperial.

Oh, and ActiveSky shows wind 310/1 kts.

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

Now with Metric System in the Config Tool:

spacer.png

The EFB shows the same wind data... but in M/S. 312/1 M/S instead of 312/1 kts.

Do you understand the problem?

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

It's not your problem, and although I can't check it now because I no longer have P3dv5.4 installed and am waiting for anything good to happen with v6, and will not pay a new 6 month Pro license..., I recall having stumped into that same problem, and my solution was that mnemonic of multiplying the value in meter per second (M/S in the iFly EFB) by a factor of 2 in order to get the approximate value in knot per second... 

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Oh thank you @jcomm

I thought it was just me...

Other addons like FSLabs or PMDG shows all OK: wind in knots, OAT in Celsius and Pressure in milibars.

On 1/7/2024 at 6:04 PM, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Now with Metric System in the Config Tool:

The EFB shows the same wind data... but in M/S. 312/1 M/S instead of 312/1 kts.

Do you understand the problem?

I dont see to recall that issue with my system. I will need to go back and check and may be post some screenshots of how my iFly Max is set up.

I do know I have wind calculated in kts, OAT and QNH in metric and Takeoff weight in kgs but my alt is in feet.

The QNH I know is dependent upon how the Baro setting is set in the VC as to whether its displayed in the EFB as In Hg or KPa.

I may have some time tomorrow evening to post my settings.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

34 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

I dont see to recall that issue with my system. I will need to go back and check and may be post some screenshots of how my iFly Max is set up.

I do know I have wind calculated in kts, OAT and QNH in metric and Takeoff weight in kgs but my alt is in feet.

The QNH I know is dependent upon how the Baro setting is set in the VC as to whether its displayed in the EFB as In Hg or KPa.

I may have some time tomorrow evening to post my settings.

I posted on the same thread at the iFly MAX support forum where the OP raised the same question and the dev answer was informative and he said they might look into it for future updates.

I am sure mine always shows in M/S instead ok knot, and only in knot if P3D is setup for the Imperial system.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I find the solution.

A few months ago someone had the same question and one of the iFly's staff replied as following:

The aircraft Unit of Measure and the EFB are operating independently.

Aircraft Unit of measure is changed Per Livery in the Configuration Tool, under "My Fleet"

The EFB is changed under SYSTEM PAGE , "Application Preferences"

The EFB has 2 options.

1. Sync with Aircraft gauge.

2. Set Separate (manually to your preference)

So:

spacer.png

And now...

spacer.png

Even the cabin temperature is correct:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Hmmm, but selecting meters for height and distance units, how do you get those "feet" in the EFB ?

Main Simulation Rig:

30 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Hmmm, but selecting meters for height and distance units, how do you get those "feet" in the EFB ?

Accel height? I don't know...

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 6:29 PM, jcomm said:

My guess is you need to change the P3D setting to use the hybrid system of meters and feet . I basically am using kgs (ZFW, TOW) and deg C (TEMP) for the Max but I still fly in feet. My accel height is still reported in feet and comes from the FMC.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Does somebody have Boeing House livery for iFly 737-8 MAX?
Thanks in advance!

For those interested, another Beta update (Update 3) was released today: https://ifly.flight1.net/forums/max-beta-update-3_topic21252.html

Same as the last one, a .rar to download then copy/paste those files into the appropriate iFlyMax folder. 

• Like 3

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

Hmmm was hoping to see an improvement with how LNAV turns are not smooth and too violent in my opinion.

• Like 2

Orman

Posted (edited)

Off topic, but does anyone own the ifly 737 adv for p3dv5?  

Really thinking about ditching the ngxu and switching to the ifly but curious what others think about the ifly version.

Doesn’t look like there are that many liveries out there for the 737 adv unfortunately…. i.e. no paint for the delta 737-900er which is the largest operator of the variant, or any copa repaints which is an all 737 fleet.

Edited by okupton
  • Upvote 1

Orman

6 hours ago, okupton said:

Doesn’t look like there are that many liveries out there for the 737 adv unfortunately…. i.e. no paint for the delta 737-900er which is the largest operator of the variant, or any copa repaints which is an all 737 fleet.

That will always be the main problem with the Ifly. It was never as popular as the PMDG and you will always lack some liveries. Considering how old this product is and the fate of P3D, don't expect many more liveries to come in the future.