Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly Jets 737 MAX8 Released

Somehow this thread revolves mostly around liveries.

I’d like to know more about the plane itself. 
How does it compare to the pmdg NG? Any innovation it brings? The good? The bad? 

• Upvote 1

I really like iFly's EFB. Much easier to use than the PMDG one.

I enjoyed taxiing the plane. I don't know if it's real or not but I liked it...

I like the fantastic work and the amount of livery available. And all very simple to install and configure...

Now I just need to do a flight from A to B to give a better opinion, but from what I saw I LOVED it. I don't miss the NGXus...

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

HI,

Can any users of the new Max say whether it places lighter or heavier demands on your GPU and Vram compared to the PMDG 737, please?

Cheers.

I agree wholly with @Juliet Alpha .The MAX is a very beautiful model and a lot of interesting fun. As far as system demands I don't have any hard numbers, but I see no difference from the NGXu. May be a little better since it was created for P3DV5 with EA activated. Hardly any learning curve if you're already familiar with the 737NG. The textures are really nice, and the sound package really gives you an imersive feeling. The only downside IMHO is that there's no Fs2crew☹️. But hey, their talking single pilot airliners on the news this morning because of pilot shortages anyway so what the heck.😂 I recently bought the FSLA320 to learn the airbus but the IFly MAX has pulled me back to Boeing. 

• Like 3

Vic green

Another plus with iFly is that the developer is very active in the iFly forum, especially communicating what issues they are investigating or have resolved based on user posts.  Unfortunately, you have to purchase the plane to see the discussion.

One thing that I find frustrating is that when the aircraft is in cruising altitude the throttles and the trim tab are constantly moving. It is kind of annoying. 
I don’t remember if the NGXu shows a similar behavior.

Have anyone noticed that?

2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

One thing that I find frustrating is that when the aircraft is in cruising altitude the throttles and the trim tab are constantly moving. It is kind of annoying. 
I don’t remember if the NGXu shows a similar behavior.

Have anyone noticed that?

Does the trim wheel make noises the whole time it’s spinning? That would be quiet annoying 

Orman

2 hours ago, okupton said:

Does the trim wheel make noises the whole time it’s spinning? That would be quiet annoying 

Yes it does. It is really annoying. I don’t know if it’s something wrong with my setup but I have followed all the advice on the iFly forum, for example, having your throttles firewalled for the autothrottle to work correctly. 

NGXu 800 vs iFly MAX-8, same settings, same location, same local time, same camera angle...

iFly

External view: ~38 FPS, 3.3 VRAM

PIC view: ~40 FPS, 3.0 VRAM

PMDG

External view: ~69 FPS, 3.0 VRAM

PIC view: ~46 FPS, 2.8 VRAM

It's not scientific: it's just put one plane in, look at the data, close P3D and open again with the other plane.

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Yeah the iFly is more heavy on the frames for sure. As much as we can be critical about PMDG, their planes and experience are generally quite refined and decently performant.

On 1/8/2023 at 12:42 AM, Juliet Alpha said:

Edit: why does the plane make little "jumps" when it's in the Gate? Chaseplane?

It has something to do with the chocks. Remove them and the jumping goes away. IIRC, this was mentioned on the iFly forum and the developers are looking into it. In fact, they're looking into a number of issues with v1.0, including the "insufficient fuel" notification.

I highly recommend the iFly forum: as pointed out earlier, the developers are really active. The MAX8-specific forums can be found here: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ifly-advanced-series-737max-licensed-member-forums_forums_cat7.html

Edited by JRMurray
Some minor wordsmithing for clarity
  • Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Maybe I'll wait for the update before I make my first flight.

Going to finally pick this up tomorrow. Seen a lot of YouTube videos and it looks great! 

Orman