Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly Jets 737 MAX8 Released

8 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Oh I wanted to do this one after the Envplus release but you've been faster 😛 
Great job Steve !

Hehe....I don't know about fast. 🙂   This one it just the hybrid former Norwegian with white tail and no red swoosh.  It even still has the Norwegian winglets, LOL (well on the outside...the inners are white with a gray AeroMexico logo).

4bWsSB.png

If you want to grab the proper Full AeroMexico paint, please do!  I have others I need to get done. 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Also just an FYI... G-TUMP is now operating for Sunwings as of this month and currently sports a hybrid livery with the Sunwing titles and tail, but the underlying fuselage retains the wavy blue livery TUI has on their 737s.

Yeah I saw that when I was scanning thru pics of G-TUMP....tempted, LOL.   I created a few Sunwing liveries for the MSFS 737-800 by that other company. 🙂 I wish the texture maps were more compatible...would save me a lot of work, hehe.  If time permits and I find myself looking for another livery, I may pop out a Sunwing Max G-TUMP. 😉 

EYvXcr.png

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, cowpatz said:

The more people that contact Mark Foti about this the better. Although he hasn’t done a CDU for any of the iFly series yet.

I knew Mark/AviaWorx hadn't done one for any of the iFly birds.  That said, sut some airplane add-ons do provide their own external CDU access.  The FSL Scarebusses, for example, incorporate a small webserver in the panel code that does the same thing, albeit not as elegantly as the AviaWorx versions.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

spacer.png

Thank you for continuing to support P3D @iflyteam

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

3 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

I knew Mark/AviaWorx hadn't done one for any of the iFly birds.  That said, sut some airplane add-ons do provide their own external CDU access.  The FSL Scarebusses, for example, incorporate a small webserver in the panel code that does the same thing, albeit not as elegantly as the AviaWorx versions.

I really like the way fslabs external tablet works.  Would be great if ifly could do something similar and integrate gsx as well, but I have no idea how difficult either of those two things would be. 

Orman

Tempted to buy. Havent had Ifly since FSX. Is there any manuals included for the Max? Also is MCAS simulated?

Thanks Michael Moe 

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Tempted to buy. Havent had Ifly since FSX. Is there any manuals included for the Max? Also is MCAS simulated?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Yes there are manuals. Detailed operation manual,tutorial and QRH included.

No, MCAS is not simulated if I recall the forum thread about this. There was some sensitivity about including this feature in the simulated aircraft and the Dev team wanted to keep the flight dynamics model as similar to the NG as possible.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Am I blind or does this not include a Checklist?

PS: is in the "user guide and tutorial".

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

5 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Yes there are manuals. Detailed operation manual,tutorial and QRH included.

No, MCAS is not simulated if I recall the forum thread about this. There was some sensitivity about including this feature in the simulated aircraft and the Dev team wanted to keep the flight dynamics model as similar to the NG as possible.

There is not even a point in simulating MCAS the way I see it. The whole point is to make the aircraft fly like the NG by counteracting the excessive nose-up momentum resulting from the lift created by the big engine nacelles at high AOA. All that MCAS does is cancel that out. The reason why MCAS was even noticeable in flight was its horrible design at the time of the accidents, but in its proper state you won't notice it's there, hence no point simulating something in the sim aircraft that 'doesn't exist', so to speak. Just make the aircraft not pitch up excessively at high AOA and you're basically simulating MCAS anyway.

This is the advantage in virtual aircraft, that you can make them behave however you like. You don't have that luxury with real physics obviously. That's why I never understood people asking if MCAS is simulated, because basically the whole point is that to the pilots, 'nothing happens' if it kicks in, so not sure what people are expecting an MCAS simulation to be in the sim.

As for simulating the previous-design-MCAS incidents like other simulated system failures, big no no.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Prepping Air Canada for the library.....

BpfLey.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

For your information, Jon at https://airlinerperformance.freeforums.net/ has just released a PFPX Max 8 profile. It requires a 3£ donation though.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

51 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

For your information, Jon at https://airlinerperformance.freeforums.net/ has just released a PFPX Max 8 profile. It requires a 3£ donation though.

I'm amazed at people sometimes....."Requiring" a donation is an oxymoron.....if its required, then its a payment, thus it no longer qualifies as "freeware" and violates any EULA's he agreed to if he bought the plane via Flight1 and I'm sure with the makers of PFPX. (there is no such thing as "Donationware"....you either pay for it or you don't....if its required to "donate"...then its payware, period.)

I guess the good news is that, by his own admission...the popularity of PFPX and its profiles has pretty much plummeted to the point where this violation may just be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  iFly/Flight1 staff do browse this forum/thread so if they want to take action, they will.

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't fault or cast dispersions on folks who want "compensation" for their work...but I don't believe in "required" donations.  If your work is good enough and the folks enjoying it want to tip you, and if you have a method setup for them to do that...more power to ya. But, requiring a donation is just wrong in every sense of the notion.  I imagine, with well over 100,000 downloads scattered over the various sites, my repaints would make me quite wealthy if I decided that I required a donation for you guys to enjoy them. (I know that I'd only have 1/10th of those downloads if I required a donation, not to mention I'd be in violation of EULAs...probably even less than a tenth, hehe).🙂

Air Canada being uploaded to the Flight1 Library as I type....that'll be $3 please. 🤔

Edited by Steve Dra
formatting

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm amazed at people sometimes....."Requiring" a donation is an oxymoron.....if its required, then its a payment, thus it no longer qualifies as "freeware" and violates any EULA's he agreed to if he bought the plane via Flight1 and I'm sure with the makers of PFPX. (there is no such thing as "Donationware"....you either pay for it or you don't....if its required to "donate"...then its payware, period.)

I guess the good news is that, by his own admission...the popularity of PFPX and its profiles has pretty much plummeted to the point where this violation may just be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  iFly/Flight1 staff do browse this forum/thread so if they want to take action, they will.

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't fault or cast dispersions on folks who want "compensation" for their work...but I don't believe in "required" donations.  If your work is good enough and the folks enjoying it want to tip you, and if you have a method setup for them to do that...more power to ya. But, requiring a donation is just wrong in every sense of the notion.  I imagine, with well over 100,000 downloads scattered over the various sites, my repaints would make me quite wealthy if I decided that I required a donation for you guys to enjoy them. (I know that I'd only have 1/10th of those downloads if I required a donation, not to mention I'd be in violation of EULAs...probably even less than a tenth, hehe).🙂

Air Canada being uploaded to the Flight1 Library as I type....that'll be $3 please. 🤔

Hi Steve,

My point was not to get into an argument about the donationware thinggy, but merely to point out the release of a PFPX profile.

Now, I agree with you, donationware as we do in my country (France) is you choose the amount you want to give, and it can be 0. I encounter it regularly and it works well this way. In Jon's way it is more about payware thing and I agree with you. Maybe people put it as a donation in order to avoid some sort of income tax ?

In this particular case, I'm not sure about the errands surrounding the EULA.

Last but not least, I think I never thank people enough for all the wonderful freeware that are around, and that of course includes all of your repaints.

So... Thank you very much, again 😉

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

29 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

You are absolutely correct.

However, if 3 bucks is going to help a dev stay in the P3D business, I'll do it.