Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly Jets 737 MAX8 Released

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Aeromexico heading to the library.

@evaamo check your inbox here at Avsim....will give you a link to grab it as the Flight1 library manager is having some connectivity issues....and not sure when the livery will post.

wXJSJF.png

Z8a7hi.png

Oh wow! Thanks so much, Steve! Beautiful work! And just in time for the holidays 🙂

Will test it today!!! Merry Christmas!!!

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

1 hour ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi Steve,

My point was not to get into an argument about the donationware thinggy, but merely to point out the release of a PFPX profile.

Now, I agree with you, donationware as we do in my country (France) is you choose the amount you want to give, and it can be 0. I encounter it regularly and it works well this way. In Jon's way it is more about payware thing and I agree with you. Maybe people put it as a donation in order to avoid some sort of income tax ?

In this particular case, I'm not sure about the errands surrounding the EULA.

Last but not least, I think I never thank people enough for all the wonderful freeware that are around, and that of course includes all of your repaints.

So... Thank you very much, again 😉

Hehe... I know Guillaume...and I really should not have replied as I did....it just frustrates me when we all know (us being freeware contributors) that "requiring" a donation for your work dampens the spirit of the whole concept of enjoying giving freely to the community.

Anyway....your thanks is all the payment I'll ever need for giving you guys liveries to fly around in. 🙂 

@newtie Completely agree that if taking a small donation is what it would take for a dev to stay in business, then I'm all for it. But let it be voluntary and not required, and if it is required to "donate"...then it is an actual business, not a passionate hobbyist who's contributing freely to their community. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

I really can't say enough good things about this aircraft, I posted some screenshot here on AVSIM:

Those are some great photos! I have the NGXu but still quite tempted to try this out...

A lot about how it looks, but not about how well it simulates things. Is there a review anywhere that can say how well it does things like LNAV, VNAV, etc.?

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

1 hour ago, David Vega said:

A lot about how it looks, but not about how well it simulates things. Is there a review anywhere that can say how well it does things like LNAV, VNAV, etc.?

I can only assume it's not a regression from the iFly 737NG which had a more reliable autopilot better than the NGXu.

Just purchased this and setting up to fly for the first time.  Does anyone know if there is a 737MAX8 profile available for PFPX?

Also; anyone know of a GOL livery? Dying to try this out on an approach to SBRJ...

Picked it up and did the tutorial flight. Was a pretty great experience and looking to fly it more! it's nice to have a more updated autopilot and big screens on a 737. Some of the controls are a little bit tidier in the MAX which is nice.

• Everything was stable for me.
  • Things look great in the cockpit, certainly a lot less dark than the NGXu. Needs 4xSSAA for the cockpit labels to be legible. Click spots all have tooltips which is nice. The standard views are all very good if not used in ChasePlane.
  • Proper 2D panels for everything, respect! This is one of the things i miss most in MSFS.
  • There is a cabin for people that care about that stuff. But clips when viewed with ChasePlane.
  • EFB is quite nice, lots of things to play with. No SimBrief integration.
  • Taxiing and manual flight has quite a bit of "feel" and inertia to it. Interesting to see Alexander Metzger did the FDE although I can in no way vouch for the accuracy. Their website did note they have "engine performance simulation" so perhaps it's more accurate than the previous iteration.
  • No external vehicles though (I'm trying to avoid installing GSX).
  • There is a tool in the sim to assign actions keyboard commands (but not joystick buttons). There is a forum post from someone saying the previous iFly to FSUIPC utility does not work.
  • The Configuration Manager is a little bit old school but it does handle liveries and a large set of customized airframe settings in a better way than stuffed in a CDU.
  • The "User Guide and Tutorial" document is pretty comprehensive and covers configuration, tutorial, checklists in 1 document. It is not as comprehensive or complete as the PMDG tutorials and probably would suggest using the PMDG manuals or Chuck's Guide as a supplement if you've never flown the 737NG before. There is also an "Operation Supplement" that goes through some of the systems in detail which is nice.
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, level7 said:

The Configuration Manager is a little bit old school but it does handle liveries and a large set of customized airframe settings in a better way than stuffed in a CDU.

And for installing the liveries....it can't get easier.  Go to the "Get Liveries" app in the iFly folder, click the livery you want and choose the Download Livery button.  This downloads AND installs it...super-simple. 🙂

DkDUxe.png

You can see the Ric has been the superstar for the MAX liveries....and look... all you Canadian and Brazilian fans, what Ric just uploaded!   LOL...I was planning both of those.  Now I can move down my list 🙂 

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Engine performance seemed very accurate ... power delay ... need to manage the engine power carefully when in manual flight (much more realistic than the PMDG variants).  Nothing against PMDG, they have a very capable 737NGU, but the iFly 737 Max seems to be a step up and beyond PMDG level ... falls between FSLabs and PMDG for "study level" aircraft.

No problems with LNAV and VNAV ... mileage may vary based on route and airport.  Certainly far more reliable than PMDG 737-8 VNAV in MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Just purchased this and setting up to fly for the first time.  Does anyone know if there is a 737MAX8 profile available for PFPX?

Also; anyone know of a GOL livery? Dying to try this out on an approach to SBRJ...

Hey Daniel....check out my screenshot of the Get Liveries app just below your post.... Ric JUST uploaded a GOL. 😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Daniel....check out my screenshot of the Get Liveries app just below your post.... Ric JUST uploaded a GOL. 😉 

Brilliant.  Thanks for this Steve and all your hard work, too.  Did I read somewhere I can donate for all the livery work?

Thank you all for your hard work. I've been collecting the liveries as if they were Panini cards. Oh now I remember why I'm also into plane spotting 😀

Merry Christmas y'all 🙂

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

28 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Brilliant.  Thanks for this Steve and all your hard work, too.  Did I read somewhere I can donate for all the livery work?

My pleasure Daniel.  There is not a donation link that I know of on the iFly site that I know of, and none is necessary as far as I'm concerned, but I sincerely appreciate the sentiment.   I believe flightsim.to does have a method, should you insist and happen to enjoy my MSFS repaints posted there. 😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg