Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly Jets 737 MAX8 Released

30 minutes ago, level7 said:

SITREP 2023/01/13

Target dates SP1 early Feb, MAX8-200 mid March!

Can’t access that part of their forum yet. Can you share what they are working on for SP1 if that’s allowed?

Thanks

Orman

finally got round to using it,   now we all know its impossible for developers to check stuff nowadays, just get it out as quick as possible.

there is no type or model in the a/c. should be as below.

[general]
atc_type=BOEING
atc_model=B38M

I swear theres not one company than can release a product properly not one which out doing a little 2 hour check to make sure the basics are right, be that afcads or configs. why cant these people EVER take a bit of pride in their work.  Sloppy always sloppy. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Will the ATC system understand "B38M"? Has this been updated for P3Dv5?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

youl;l need to add it yourself chris.  still cant do a flight it.   2 mates of mine have it and both have had numerous ctd and it falling out the skies for them,

just did some vertical climb on departure for some unknown reason.  tried to push down on the stick and it just tried to do a back flip.  Another pay to beta product,

2023-1-18-9-21-25-905.jpg

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

just did some vertical climb on departure for some unknown reason.

Interesting, the FSX version did this to me on a few occasions as well...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

7 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

youl;l need to add it yourself chris.  still cant do a flight it.   2 mates of mine have it and both have had numerous ctd and it falling out the skies for them,

just did some vertical climb on departure for some unknown reason.  tried to push down on the stick and it just tried to do a back flip.  Another pay to beta product,

I do hope that you have sought support from them before slagging them off. I can tell you for sure that it won’t be the product but a problem your end. If it was a model problem then all of the sim forums would be lit up like Xmas trees. 
Did you download and install the product exactly as per instructions? Anti virus and some browsers can be an issue.

Instead of whinging do a little for yourself such as a full clean reinstall. Do a check sum on your download to ensure a correct download. Download with anti virus off. Did you use administrator rights for the install? Did you install it to the recommended folder etc. Check your joystick assignments and or FSUIPC for conflicts. If it’s not that then your flying is the problem. Do the tutorials and read the manual.

Real world MAX pilots were on the Bea team. Do you honestly think they would release a half baked product as you claim?

If all else fails ask your mum to help you.

Edited by cowpatz
  • Like 2

Cheers

Steve Hall

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

2023-1-18-9-21-25-905.jpg

I haven't had the issues you encountered. I think Flight1 still has their refund policy if you're not happy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, level7 said:

I haven't had the issues you encountered.

Neither have I. I've completed more than 11 flights of about 1.0 to 1.5 hours with no CTDs and no falling out of the skies. In fact, I've found it to be one of the most stable v1.0 releases in recent memory.

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

The iFly forum does have a couple of examples of CTDs different people have had. I have made 4 flights and one of those was a CTD. I repeated that same flight, same route the following day and everything was OK. In common with a couple of other people, there appears (my suspicion) to be a common element of interaction with the FMS. I haven't posted over at the forum yet because I want to be able to reproduce the issue I saw and provide more detailed info so that they stand a chance of verifying the issue.

Overall, I am enjoying flying the Max. iFLY have done a god job and I am sure the announced SP will fix a number of issues seen by the community.

• Like 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Has anyone tried doing a missed approach? I initiated one and when I hit TO/GA all hell broke loose. The A/C started climbing with high angle of climb. It eventually stalled and the behavior was similar to the pic above. I tried controlling the airplane manually by disconnecting the autopilot and autothrottle and the a/c was still controlling the throttles. I eventually was able to stabilize the aircraft but noticed that the behavior was shown when the flaps were past 20 degrees. As soon as I retracted flaps I was able to control the aircraft. I also was obeying the flap retraction speeds.