Sign in to follow this  
Coops

Flickering Taxi lights and Panel lights with PSXT active

I fly exclusively with the Fenix  and have never encountered any flickering using PSXT at any of the airports I fly. This includes heavy weight add-ons airports like EGLL and KLAX.  And I use GSX Pro also.

Edited by WillyTheGoat

10 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Maybe there is a limit on the number of lighting objects that are available in the sim

Very plausible. We know that there's a hard object limit through Simconnect (missing terminal buildings). Perhaps there's something similar for 'performance reasons' in the sim for lights also?

The only time I've had an issue is in Chicago, where I have a lot of ground object lights (FSDT's KORD & DD's Chicago landmarks) and where I have the most amount if AI traffic displaying (KORD and KMDW).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

The only time I've had an issue is in Chicago, where I have a lot of ground object lights (FSDT's KORD & DD's Chicago landmarks) and where I have the most amount if AI traffic displaying (KORD and KMDW).

Yeah, I was just at FSDTs KORD and the Fenix was flickering like crazy

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Yeah, I too have come to think it's related to a Simconmect object limit. I used to experience it on every flight on DX12 until I turned off Bloom. Never on DX11. However, I recently did a new Windows install and have not seen the problem even with Bloom on (I turned it back off though, as I find Bloom to be too artificial).

So I think PSXT can cause an underlying sim issue/graphics driver issue to become apparent, but it isn't actually causing the flickering to appear.

I have the same flickering while flying pmdg 737 and PSXT in VR.  Back with P3D, a similar issue could be resolved by adjusting flood light intensity to maximum in the options menus.  I tried that with MSFS, but no joy. Also, I am always on DX11 in VR.

I doubt that PSXT is causing the problem, however something involved in the rendering of the AI models may be.

• Like 1

I am also seeing this flickering a lot on Fenix A320 & iniBuilds A310, using VR, PSXT & GSX (with Ground Clutter = off). I could not yet identify what is causing this.

I already disabled the nav lights on parking aircraft, but it did not help.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:46 PM, kiek said:

So, a driver issue indeed.

Again, PSXT does not render aircraft, it only tells the Sim where to put aircraft. It is the Sim that generates the frames.

I have the same problem at heavy airports, it is not related to PSXT, it is a sim bug in the way it manage memory. There are many posts with this issue at the MSFS forum and Discord.