Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Bet this will run FSX flat out ....

Just ordering a new research computer ...8 x Dual AMD (8220) 2.8 opteron = 16 processors64 x 2Gbyte DDR2 DIMMS = 128 Gbyte memory2 serial SCSI disks with 2Gbit data throughput.I guess a couple of graphics cards fitted to the 2PCI-esockets with this (server) might be a bit obvious !(OK : I know windows can only use 4Gbyte memory/app even for64 bit OS and FS might not utilise all 16 processors - but maybe Aces can use this as their next target machine).One can dream....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It sounds that like that will run FSX pretty well.;-) What kind of computer is that and, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did it cost?

... so run MS Server 2003. I expect the FS will work on it.

>Just ordering a new research computer ...>>8 x Dual AMD (8220) 2.8 opteron = 16 processors>64 x 2Gbyte DDR2 DIMMS = 128 Gbyte memory>2 serial SCSI disks with 2Gbit data throughput.>>I guess a couple of graphics cards fitted to the 2PCI-e>sockets with this (server) might be a bit obvious !>>(OK : I know windows can only use 4Gbyte memory/app even for>64 bit OS and FS might not utilise all 16 processors - but >maybe Aces can use this as their next target machine).>>One can dream....It might not run at all.

List price is about $80,000 but "I" get this about 1/2 price.It is a Sun Fire and will have Linux based OS so no FS - boughtfor large scale number crunching.

Cedega would give you a capability to run regular Microsoft envirnoment games under Linux, can't say if they have FS2004 running to an acceptable level but they certainly would not have support for FSX at this point in time.Bye the way will this workstation support MS Sever 2003? http://www.transgaming.com/Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Is that one of those new Opterons that AMD just released the other day?Those things are supposed to be fast for number crunching but I bet I could get a Core2 Extreme to run FS faster than that thing. ;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

I've got an HP ML530 that 'd love to run FSX on. Too bad it does not support a PCIe video card!2 7100 series Xeons, 4gb ram and 1.8tb of storage.Fastest server We have. and under $10k.Though a Q6600 should compare.