Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Save function for Fenix A320 is completely useless???

3 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

Well I had a ctd and it was really aggravating considering I couldn't just resume where I left off and had to start all over again. I'll live, there is no doubt about that, but in 2023 we should have the ability to save and reload. It's a low priority for some but not for others 

There are worse things in life then when a game crashes (e.g. a CTD that kills a day of your work 😉 ).

Won't try to play this down but I can count my personal MSFS CTD on the fingers of one hand (and I have no annomalies).

Personaly:

- I did not feel the need of a save function in a sim (it kind of kills the immersion interrupting the SIM to save the state)

- a Autosave will end up in people yelling: "I have interrupts or hangs every 5min...."

I guess it will help some to have it, others won't give a dime about it. I'd rather yell for other things to be done in MSFS than the save function....but since this is about FENIX and not MSFS, why won't the OP post it on discord and report back with the answer (FENIX guys don't often come to AVSIM)

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

7 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

There are worse things in life then when a game crashes (e.g. a CTD that kills a day of your work 😉 ).

Won't try to play this down but I can count my personal MSFS CTD on the fingers of one hand (and I have no annomalies).

Personaly:

- I did not feel the need of a save function in a sim (it kind of kills the immersion interrupting the SIM to save the state)

- a Autosave will end up in people yelling: "I have interrupts or hangs every 5min...."

I guess it will help some to have it, others won't give a dime about it. I'd rather yell for other things to be done in MSFS than the save function....but since this is about FENIX and not MSFS, why won't the OP post it on discord and report back with the answer (FENIX guys don't often come to AVSIM)

Aamir replies quite a bit on here FYI

12 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Aamir replies quite a bit on here FYI

Don't mistake "don't often" with "never"!

Gerald K. - Germany

4 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Don't mistake "don't often" with "never"!

I'm not but you still make it sound like they hardly are on here. When most topics of the Fenix come up Aamir is always replying

@carlanthony24 this is purely your interpretation of my written word and as per Forum guide, please stop quoting the post above since its cluttering the thread 😉

Gerald K. - Germany

10 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@carlanthony24 this is purely your interpretation of my written word and as per Forum guide, please stop quoting the post above since its cluttering the thread 😉

Quoting the rules for a reply which is true okay then. I’m not breaking any rules. You said the dev hardly replies. You need to go and look at the Fenix threads on here. 🙂

Edited by carlanthony24

Count me among those that really want save and restores! I don't often get 3 or 4 uninterrupted hours, much as I'd like to.

The Leonardo MD80 also works. Last time I tried there were a few bugs (maybe the fuel quantity?), need to try again with the latest build.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redgar said:

Count me among those that really want save and restores! I don't often get 3 or 4 uninterrupted hours, much as I'd like to.

The Leonardo MD80 also works. Last time I tried there were a few bugs (maybe the fuel quantity?), need to try again with the latest build.

Absolutely! I hate it when my time planning was wrong and I have to close the game a few minutes before touchdown because I have an urgent appointment. Every flight longer than 90 minutes is a no-no for me because I can't fit it in. So a working save and restore function would be highly appreciated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redgar said:

I cant go the the menu in the MD80 without havoc and like cold and dark ish.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sorry to hear that Michael, saving and loading in the MadDog works perfectly for me. In the Load Manager application I have the Panel state option to "DO NOT CHANGE". Maybe that would cause trouble if it is set to something else.

A properly functioning save feature for all aircrafts with the ability to modify weather is very much needed indeed. Not just because of CTD(some try to pretend they dont happen, they do), but because something worse than CTD. An annoying wife calling when your in the most critical stage of flight, during takeoff or landing or preparing to land.

If its just coincidence or not, but she always call me at those moments, and never during a boring cruise...And when I go check what she wants, its not that she wants anything, its all about attention(its like she think I have an affair with the computer or something, she jealous at it lol). 

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1

Kaboki- we should make you president of Flightsim husbands association. We can all empathize with the annoying wife syndrome. 🤣

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

1 hour ago, Kaboki said:

A properly functioning save feature for all aircrafts with the ability to modify weather is very much needed indeed. Not just because of CTD(some try to pretend they dont happen, they do), but because something worse than CTD. An annoying wife calling when your in the most critical stage of flight, during takeoff or landing or preparing to land.

If its just coincidence or not, but she always call me at those moments, and never during a boring cruise...And when I go check what she wants, its not that she wants anything, its all about attention(its like she think I have an affair with the computer or something, she jealous at it lol). 

There’s a workaround to change weather for a saved flight here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/change-of-weather-and-time-after-loading-a-saved-flight/298500/58

4 hours ago, Kaboki said:

To be honest CTD don't occur has often. I maybe get one of two every 6 months.