Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Save function for Fenix A320 is completely useless???

13 minutes ago, Winkle Brown said:

Does V2 of the Fenix have the panel/state/MCDU saving option yet? For example to use when practicing lots of repeat  ILS approaches without having to set it all up again.

No. You would need to use FSI Panel or whatever it’s called to setup approaches for practice. 

Thanks, I looked into FSI Panel but it seem s it cannot save panel state in the air. 

Any other A320s in MSFS that can do an airborne panel state save? 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

1 hour ago, Winkle Brown said:

Does V2 of the Fenix have the panel/state/MCDU saving option yet? For example to use when practicing lots of repeat  ILS approaches without having to set it all up again.

5 minutes ago, Winkle Brown said:

Thanks, I looked into FSI Panel but it seem s it cannot save panel state in the air. 

No other A320 can panel state save AFAIK. Plus, the Fenix A320 is far more technically advanced and capable than any other A320 family airliner you can use in MSFS.

What's wrong with FSiPanel?
It can take 2-3 minutes to get things fully ready, but it sets up your approach anywhere and anyhow you like itit's an instructor panel software after all.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

52 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

No other A320 can panel state save AFAIK. Plus, the Fenix A320 is far more technically advanced and capable than any other A320 family airliner you can use in MSFS.

What's wrong with FSiPanel?
It can take 2-3 minutes to get things fully ready, but it sets up your approach anywhere and anyhow you like itit's an instructor panel software after all.

I had trouble landing the Fenix version 1 when it first came out. I invested in FSiPanel, and within a couple of days I was nailing all my landings.  Well worth  it.

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Winkle Brown said:

No 320 I am looking for one myself . Only PMDG and leonardo fully support panel state save with FMC but they are not 320s. Shame on fenix and inibuilds for not bothering 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

On 8/18/2023 at 1:38 PM, RALF9636 said:

As long as MSFS does not provide historical weather a save function is useless anyway (except for the very rare CTDs). You can't continue a saved flight the next day because all your flightplanning and fuel calculations will be obsolete.

So this should be a very low priority for Fenix at the moment. 

Totally wrong I do this all the time in the pmdg . Just change your approach . Fuel planning you need to keep an eye but easily dealt with . Miles better then having a long range aircraft and never being able to land it unless have hours and hours and hours of free time to spend watching your PC. Amazed fenix have not bothered too busy with tinkering with GSX now that is really important. 

Colin hodds

14 minutes ago, cannow said:

Shame on fenix and inibuilds for not bothering

11 minutes ago, cannow said:

Miles better then having a long range aircraft and never being able to land it unless have hours and hours and hours of free time to spend watching your PC. Amazed fenix have not bothered too busy with tinkering with GSX now that is really important. 

Yes, shame on Fenix and iniBuilds for ignoring the huge swell of public opinion that was clamouring for in-flight panel save states and giving into the tiny minority that were requesting high-fidelity flight models, in-depth systems, textures, sounds... 

You have several options:

1. Use the in-built 'Travel To' feature in the sim's toolbar
  2. Use sim rate increase function (where possible)
  3. Perform shorter A - B flights
  4. Use Slew function
  5. Search for and download the lua script 'MSFSmoveAircraft' (for use with a registered version of FSUIPC 7)
  6. Use Parallel42 Flow Essentials' or Flow Pro's teleport function
  7. Use FSi Panel to 'jump ahead' to anywhere on the approach to your destination
  8. Accept that panel state save is not an overwhelmingly popular feature, but request it from iniBuilds and Fenix on their respective Discord servers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, cannow said:

Amazed fenix have not bothered too busy with tinkering with GSX now that is really important.

What? They have GSX integration now.

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Yes, shame on Fenix and iniBuilds for ignoring the huge swell of public opinion that was clamouring for in-flight panel save states and giving into the tiny minority that were requesting high-fidelity flight models, in-depth systems, textures, sounds... 

You have several options:

1. Use the in-built 'Travel To' feature in the sim's toolbar
  2. Use sim rate increase function (where possible)
  3. Perform shorter A - B flights
  4. Use Slew function
  5. Search for and download the lua script 'MSFSmoveAircraft' (for use with a registered version of FSUIPC 7)
  6. Use Parallel42 Flow Essentials' or Flow Pro's teleport function
  7. Use FSi Panel to 'jump ahead' to anywhere on the approach to your destination
  8. Accept that panel state save is not an overwhelmingly popular feature, but request it from iniBuilds and Fenix on their respective Discord servers.

Yes I have requested on both by email. I use all the above do not work well on inibuilds have not purchased fenix yet waiting for panel save. Inibuilds refunded me for misleading advertising saying they had it. Why do you hate the feature so much  you dismiss my comments as if i am word not allowed for requesting . If you dont want to use dont use many people would like to but as soon as requested a small minority of the as real as it get brigade jump up and down and complain a texture is slightly jaggedy and more important  and they dont need it .  Support fellow simmers with different needs to get all features developed please . 

Colin hodds

18 minutes ago, cannow said:

Yes I have requested on both by email. I use all the above do not work well on inibuilds have not purchased fenix yet waiting for panel save. Inibuilds refunded me for misleading advertising saying they had it. Why do you hate the feature so much  you dismiss my comments as if i am word not allowed for requesting . If you dont want to use dont use many people would like to but as soon as requested a small minority of the as real as it get brigade jump up and down and complain a texture is slightly jaggedy and more important  and they dont need it .  Support fellow simmers with different needs to get all features developed please . 

I imagine that Fenix has bigger fish to fry than spending much energy on panel save.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, cannow said:

Support fellow simmers with different needs to get all features developed please . 

Normally I would.

3 hours ago, cannow said:

Shame on fenix and inibuilds for not bothering

Yet, when someone says the above ⬆️about two of the most active and game-changing developers our hobby has seen in years (whether you like them or not), it feels petulant and comes across as gatekeeping.

I won't support that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I imagine that Fenix has bigger fish to fry than spending much energy on panel save.

Unfortunately, I believe I read the Fenix devs say that in-flight panel saves would require a re-write of their systems coding.

Performance improvements and bug fixes, A319/A321 expansion, Sharklets, other features that didn't make the cut for V2B2, and a completely new aircraft are what's in the pipeline.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Normally I would.

Yet, when someone says the above ⬆️about two of the most active and game-changing developers our hobby has seen in years (whether you like them or not), it feels petulant and comes across as gatekeeping.

I won't support that.

My comments were not aimed at the developers . Inbuilds were excellent when I mistakenly purchased  and Fenix has been upfront about this lack at functionality . Both I will be very happy to purchase from in future. As developers they listen to influencers like yourself who are telling them it is not required . This has happened time and time again in forums like this. Your suggestions of alternatives do not work try the PMDG 737  save and restore and you will see how easy it can be for the end user . Most of the time if I follow your advice, I will plummeting to the ground. I have tried every possible solution nothing works as well as a simple panel state save and restore system like PMDG or Leonardo. Please support fellow simmers who do not have the time you may have to complete whole flights in one sitting. I know you don't require others do . Only the community can encourage developers to spend time and resources .  

I look forward to be able to fly the A320 again . I learnt to fly on sims  with it aerosoft x on prepared and some excellent tutorials from frooglesim.

Heavy after heavy are being released on this sim without this functionality please help ,

Edited by cannow

Colin hodds